Want to see the world's most stupid country regards to vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
It's right here in Australia..

But not only that, there is a state that is worst of all. queensland.

These psychos will allow people to buy and SMOKE cigarettes in their own home, or few public areas it's allowed like smoking areas at a theme park or whatever (banned totally at restaurants in or out and all hotel rooms, i don't mind this other than they class vaping the same), yet FINE you up to almost 10K of you even possess any nicotine in e juice.

This is how stupid my country is. This is how corrupt my country is. Because it's hurting cigarette sales. I don't know what I am going to do when i go to queensland for a week to relax, i will go crazy. I might just have to smoke for that week.

Electronic cigarettes | Queensland Health

Honestly these lawmakers need to be tried in a court for not helping smokers use a much safer alternative.. these corrupt and downright evil politicians need to be also tested for sanity.

The general message therefore is, we will let you smoke MUCH more harmful cigs, but not vape. Just, WOW.. no facepalm emoticon can express what i am feeling right now.

how do vapers living in that state even cope? I guess they drive to sydney and order some stuff in there and drive back.. it would be the only solution.. or vape zero MG..

I wanted to retire there cause of the warm weather, that's not an option now, not even 0.0000001% of an option.. and if it spreads to other states, i AM leaving the country.. it's sheer madness that these LUNATICS want to PREVENT us from saving our LIFE.

Heck, if they are worried about ingredients and nic levels, introduce regulations! That's got to be better than this, but make it legal 4 effs sake.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Oh... Queensland. They (understandably, there's a lot of venomous stuff around there, like DIE IMMEDIATELY kind of thing and IIRC it's practically underwater half the year) think everything is going to kill you. OMG though, if I got a 10K fine? I am feeling your pain however. You might need a few cigs for out and about, I doubt they'll STORM wherever you are staying to get you, so maybe vape with caution and bring some nic gum or lozenges? Hell, IDK. Can you vacation elsewhere?

Queensland sucks, they have for ever, and this seems no exception. Sigh. Australia, what happened? When I lived there, it was great, seems to me it's been falling apart ever since. The only way I would go back would be if WW3 began or something....

Anna

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Ok just read singapore. Sounds like a fascist government and i never want to fly through there again. I can't take my vape products with me obviously, even as 2 hr stopover inter flight portal so, screw them.
A complete and total ban on vaping products of any kind without exception, AND nicotine patches, but cigarettes still allowed. I don't even know what to say to that, other than endless face palms and eye rolling. On one hand their smoking laws are strict but you can still smoke, and on the other they have put a total ban on any form of smoking cessation device. I guess the country is governed by completely stupid people, to put it mildly. They must have a deal with big tobacco (speculating). When i stopped there in 2007 on the way to France, i sat in the airport's smoking room which was pure white it had so much smoke LOL.. everyone was going at it like a chimney. I remember machine guns everywhere and getting my prescription medication through was scary. There's nothing to do there anyway.. world's most boring city.. Oh, and forget ever visiting universal studios now, if i can't legally bring even a simple e cig for my private use. There really are countries that want me to smoke but not vape! The idiocy of it all!

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Somehow or the other, Big Tobacco must have the World's governments in a vice like grip, threatening to pinch their heads off if anything (nicotine wise) other than cigarettes & cigars passes through the land.

TBH, I'm in firm belief that they actually don't care about saving lives, they may see it as if one lives 25+ more years, that's a lot of retirement & healthcare benefits paid out. Of course, the latter really gets expensive with smokers, treatment for Stage 2 through 4 cancer can add to to millions of dollars for a single person per episode, considering they survive once, go into remission & returns later. Even a single bout is very expensive & can easily add up to well over a million spent, and no promise of a good outcome.

Yet whatever the government has to do to 'balance the books' (tax revenue) for today, in their eyes, that's more important than our long term health, which costs far less for non-smokers versus smokers, this has been proven by science time & time again. If not, then why are most medical facilities, as well as schools now 'tobacco-free' campuses? Used to be coming up, there were ash trays in most every doctor & dental office, as well as in patient rooms in hospitals, expect where there was oxygen. Nowadays, one can only 'sneak' a vape in these facilities by going in the restroom & make sure the fan is on, or maybe someone's poop stunk so bad that it helped rather than harmed.:D

And insurers are far more generous to non-smokers versus smokers premium wise, be it health or life.

In fact, I've sneaked vaped while in the exam room while awaiting a doctor/nurse practitioner, no one ever suspected anything. At any rate, am not returning to analogs over vaping, when there's a market, there'll always be a demand.:)

And am stocking up on premium mods & tanks like going out of style, the market is currently flooded, there'll come a day when these dries up & then be paying upwards of $200 for a mod that we now catch on promo for $35. Same with tanks of all types. Batteries & wires will be harder to regulate, because these are used for hobbies & projects (the batteries weren't initially intended for this purpose).

Cat

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Somehow or the other, Big Tobacco must have the World's governments in a vice like grip, threatening to pinch their heads off if anything (nicotine wise) other than cigarettes & cigars passes through the land.

TBH, I'm in firm belief that they actually don't care about saving lives, they may see it as if one lives 25+ more years, that's a lot of retirement & healthcare benefits paid out. Of course, the latter really gets expensive with smokers, treatment for Stage 2 through 4 cancer can add to to millions of dollars for a single person per episode, considering they survive once, go into remission & returns later. Even a single bout is very expensive & can easily add up to well over a million spent, and no promise of a good outcome.

Yet whatever the government has to do to 'balance the books' (tax revenue) for today, in their eyes, that's more important than our long term health, which costs far less for non-smokers versus smokers, this has been proven by science time & time again. If not, then why are most medical facilities, as well as schools now 'tobacco-free' campuses? Used to be coming up, there were ash trays in most every doctor & dental office, as well as in patient rooms in hospitals, expect where there was oxygen. Nowadays, one can only 'sneak' a vape in these facilities by going in the restroom & make sure the fan is on, or maybe someone's poop stunk so bad that it helped rather than harmed.:D

And insurers are far more generous to non-smokers versus smokers premium wise, be it health or life.

In fact, I've sneaked vaped while in the exam room while awaiting a doctor/nurse practitioner, no one ever suspected anything. At any rate, am not returning to analogs over vaping, when there's a market, there'll always be a demand.:)

And am stocking up on premium mods & tanks like going out of style, the market is currently flooded, there'll come a day when these dries up & then be paying upwards of $200 for a mod that we now catch on promo for $35. Same with tanks of all types. Batteries & wires will be harder to regulate, because these are used for hobbies & projects (the batteries weren't initially intended for this purpose).

Cat
I'm stockpiling too but not yet so certain the products I favor are going to disappear. I've collected enough nic, mods and atomizers to almost certainly last 10 years and if the stuff holds up better than planned may be 20 years. The cost for 10 mods, 10 atomizers and 500,000mg of nic is a measily $650. I spent more than that to smoke for 3 months. The above has my favorites, the things I vape everyday. May be in the next year or so I'll feel certain the worst will happen and I'll get a few more items but I'm not feeling that way yet. The stockpile remains important no matter what the government does because I'll never trust them to let me vape in peace. I'm not feeling a need to spend thousands when hundreds covers everything I care about.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Singapore is pretty awful... I visited as a kid. That said, they sound rather draconian. I'm usually of the mindset that many governments think the tax on smokers is something they can't live without. I mean, even if a smoker dies 10--20 years prematurely, if they smoke the entire time, the tax base is positively affected, versus the negative effect of someone switching to harm reduction. The government does not seem to put it together that smoking costs are higher elsewhere, like the cost of treating smoking-related illnesses overall to a society. I mean, it raises everyone's premiums, but the gov't isn't caring about that.

If they don't allow nic patches, I can't IMAGINE if/when they'll jump on the vape steam train. Sigh.

Anna

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
The government does not seem to put it together that smoking costs are higher elsewhere, like the cost of treating smoking-related illnesses overall to a society. I mean, it raises everyone's premiums, but the gov't isn't caring about that.

That's a lie.

Along with sensationalized dollar amounts that, when taken as a whole, aren't as bad as they'd have you believe.

Read my later posts as well. The whole "Smokers are a drain on the economy" lie is getting old.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Okay Retired 1, I read them, seems you have a much better handle on the actual numbers than I. Thanks for the education. :) It seems nothing justifies those taxes other than a "luxury" tax, which is pretty much applied by governments instead of an "addiction tax," which is applied to tobacco and other goods like liquor, etc. I've always disliked those taxes, especially in states where they go to WORK on them, like NY/CA. They know that the truly addicted are going to bear a tax that would otherwise be considered unconscionable. A lot of people are going to hate it, and pay anyway.... Which is why they are distressed about the trend toward vaping, I guess.

The fact that vaping is (in most cases) far cheaper is an added incentive that ought not be taken away (though I have to say, even other harm reduction devices are priced insanely, probably so people continue to fail at quitting.) When I used nicotine gum for 6 months, I imported it from Russia (not an issue at that time) because it was the only way I could afford it....

Anna

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
as far as i always understood it, the smoking related illness is an excuse for the exorbitant taxes ($25 per pack of 25 cigarettes in Aus now, 90% tax), and in actual real world figures, they pocket plenty of tax dollars *after* taking every bit of smoker related illness hospital time/treatment into account. And with my uncle the other day who passed away from LC, he had top private cover and still my Aunty spend a bucket load in the 2 months he was sick. Government paid for jack, cause he was in a pvt hospital. As many of us are.. so i would guess that if you halve the amount of smokers who have pvt cover, govt is only using taxes to cover the other half.. Obviously i am talking about AUS here, don't know about the US, EU, etc. Oh and public cover is not like a "get what you want when you need it now" sort of thing, it's a painful process with long wait times.

Anyway, basically this is precisely why the govt is so against vaping here. They simply can not allow something to come in that takes away their taxes.. as in reality it has nothing to do with saving lives, but the govt using smokers to fill the tax coffers.

i.e, govt does NOT care about our health, especially as we get older, but they DO care about getting our money. Pure corruption.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's not particularly delicious, no. :) I've done it (not the perfume thing, but tasting e-juice, more out of curiosity than anything.

I've also tasted pure VG and that is SO GROSS. It definitely needs more ingredients if you are going to eat it.

I'd be more likely to choose a nic lozenge, probably, if it was a short term thing.

Anna

I think an *empty* well washed purfume sprayer's probably the goal here... To get a bunch of fine droplets more easily absorbed. That said, it's not really that different than using a drop of juice sublingually, the taste just might be different...

Anna

"Empty perfume spray" is on market(DAISO or aliexpress). Spray or drop may do, I just like spray more.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread