want to try sub ohm type of battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

tangerine3

Jul 20, 2013
lutz, fl
Hello, I didn't see a topic specifically for sub ohm so don't know if I'm in the right thread just move it if i'm not, wanting to get opinions on sub ohm APVs/box mods with preinstalled batteries, e.g., iSticks, Innokin Coolfire IV, etc. For just starting out with sub ohming, I am not interested in building anything yet, thank you. I have looked at sub ohm tanks and will be looking at Baby Beast, Kanger Subtank reg/mini, Protank 4, Tobeco mini/supertank, Crown to name a few. Any suggestions on what would pair good with those tanks would be great. I like flavor over clouds, thank you.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
A subohm setup isn't just about the battery mod. It's about the subohm coils you intend to use, what power they will require, and then choosing a battery/mod that will supply the power required. For example a Baby Beast with some coils may need lots of power, a Super tank a lot or a little depending on your coil selection. It also depends how much you vape, the more you do, the faster you'll run the battery down.

Why do you want a unit with a built in battery? With replaceable batteries you can always swap in a fresh set if you're running low during the day.

Reactions: dc99
Some of us are super busy AND super scatterbrained, spare batteries are just something else I'm likely to forget in the mornings. USB cables though, those are everywhere, I have one in my truck, two or 3 at the office, several at home, heck, I can even buy one at any gas station or wal mart if I get in a bind, whereas the only place I can buy spare batteries in my town they are literally $20 a piece just for one efest battery and the store is only open certain hours. Not everyone wants to deal with external batteries all the time. I use a coolfire TC100 with an original Crown tank and .5 coils when I'm not at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    For someone just starting out I totally recommend the Cool Fire IV plus kit with the iSub Apex. It has a medium draw... A whole lot looser than a Mouth to Lung setup and a whole lot tighter than my TFV8 Baby Beast. It is perfect for a first time Sub Ohmer and will help you break the barrier. I recommend the .5 ohm clapton coils for it as the flavor is better and you can up the wattage on those. :)

I did use this setup for eight months so I know the transition is a little much at first but its way better than getting a full out cloud machine and choking on it, lol :lol:

Happy Vaping :vapor:

Reactions: Darth Omerta

tangerine3

Jul 20, 2013
    lutz, fl
    I still haven't pulled the plug yet to try sub ohm but have narrowed my tanks down to Uwell Crown III .2ohm(80-90W) &/or .5ohm (70-80W) coils and the Tobeco Supertank Mini 0.2ohm (30-90w) &/or .5ohm (30-80w). I have also noticed there is always a "recommended" wattage you should use these coils at e.g., the tobeco ones 55-75w. I haven't seen a "recommended" one for the UC iii yet. Anyway looks like I'll need a device that can go up to 100W.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread