Want to vape but can't!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobes2011

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2014
Atlantic Canada
I am having a hard time adjusting to vaping. Been on and off for about 2 years and the big thing is I can vape 3nic and after like 2 puffs I don't feel sick just kind of a weird feeling. I take meds for depression and heart meds etc but know lots of people do and they can vape away no problem. I usually vape 40/60 pg/vg or 30/70 pg/vg. I am using a 50w eleaf at the moment with a 1.8 coil only set at 8 watts. I am at 3nic and I just want to be able to sit take 8 or 9 puffs and then set it down as opposed to 1 puff. One puff does not make me feel lime I am having a smoke. PLEASE HELP WITH YOUR INPUT. THANKS

Reactions: David Wolf

Lobes2011

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2014
Atlantic Canada
If you are still smoking and vaping, that could be the problem.
Try 0nic, see if that helps.
Process of elimination.
Could also be a reaction to a flavoring, PG or VG or nic
I have tried various ratios of pg and vg and nic but was gonna try straight vg. I wondering if it is possible that the nicotine from smoking sticks with me longer so when I take a puff of the vape 30 min later I don't need it because of the cigarette?

Reactions: puffon

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I am having a hard time adjusting to vaping. Been on and off for about 2 years and the big thing is I can vape 3nic and after like 2 puffs I don't feel sick just kind of a weird feeling. I take meds for depression and heart meds etc but know lots of people do and they can vape away no problem. I usually vape 40/60 pg/vg or 30/70 pg/vg. I am using a 50w eleaf at the moment with a 1.8 coil only set at 8 watts. I am at 3nic and I just want to be able to sit take 8 or 9 puffs and then set it down as opposed to 1 puff. One puff does not make me feel lime I am having a smoke. PLEASE HELP WITH YOUR INPUT. THANKS
Try different juices. 70pg/30vg at 8w is closer to smoking to me. What atomizer tank are you using? You also might be sensitive to the pg or vg. Try different things and see what works for you :)

Lobes2011

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2014
Atlantic Canada
Thanks for commenting everyone but I have tried the different ratios and juices from only the top vendors. I am using the Kanger mini with 1.8ohm coils and have used higher pg but tend to get tight in the chest and I am already on heart meds so don't want a tight chest if I can help it lol. I have bad sinuses and a dry mouth due to all my medications is it possible the nicotine is being absorbed faster due to this? I also thought about trying to wait a couple hours after a cigarette then start with a few puffs of the vapor.

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
I am having a hard time adjusting to vaping. Been on and off for about 2 years and the big thing is I can vape 3nic and after like 2 puffs I don't feel sick just kind of a weird feeling. \

Can you be more specific? Not sick but feeling weird? How weird? Your body, head, your thoughts?

Reactions: AndriaD

Gothicmace59

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Henry County Georgia
Not a Doc or anything but here is my two cents.. if you are smoking regular cigs... those are designed to disperse the NIC very efficiently and as such.. it gets into your blood stream within seconds... since vaping provides a moist vapor as opposed to smoke from combustion... the nic is slower to enter.. so you tend to puff more.. because you are not getting the near Nic Hit that cigs give you.. so what I think is happening.. is that you are taking in a bit more nic then you are used to. One suggested getting zero nic for vaping... not a bad idea if you are intent on continuing your regular cigs. Also.. drink a lot of water... the products all be it VG or PG drawn moisture out of you... if you are already having dry mouth due to your meds... then definitely drink some water... I am a former pack a day plus... 35 year smoker.. and a heavy coffee drinker.. I ran into terrible problems that almost had me give up vaping due to dehydration .. dry mouth.. you name it... while I still drink coffee.. I also drink water while vaping.. and it really helps me enjoy it more. OK.. just my two cents.
Happy Vaping
Cheers
Mace

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Nicotine does cause the heart to spasm
    It can cause increased heart rate.
    Hasn't caused any A-Fib (spasms) for me anyway.
    After a stroke a couple years ago,(before I started vaping), I had a heart monitor implanted.
    So far it's showing no signs of A-Fib, and I've tested it, with some heavy, high nic vaping :thumb:

Lobes2011

ECF Veteran
    Mar 31, 2014
    Atlantic Canada
    Can you be more specific? Not sick but feeling weird? How weird? Your body, head, your thoughts?
    I don't feel like I'm gonna be sick to my stomach it's hard to explain but it feels like i had one to many smokes. I feel kind of groggy. I smoke a pack a day almost but let's say for example today I went out and had a smoke them a half hour later took a puff off the vape and it gave me that weird feeling like to much nic. Not nicotine poisoning just like i had a bit much even though it was just a puff. Like I said before I am still smoking and trying to graduate into vaping so maybe when I think I should vape awhile after coming in from a smoke I should just wait longer so the nicotine from the cigarette where's off more. But what is strange is that my brother in law can have a smoke then vape away and then have a smoke etc. My sister is the same way, have a smoke then vape a few puffs and so on. It's very frustrating for me when I just want to kick the smokes and vape.

Strangebrew

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 24, 2012
    NE Tennessee
    After a stroke a couple years ago,(before I started vaping), I had a heart monitor implanted.
    So far it's showing no signs of A-Fib, and I've tested it, with some heavy, high nic vaping :thumb:
    Thank you. I can impress my spouse with this. She had the widow maker, still smokes, I quit. Hard times ahead.

Lobes2011

ECF Veteran
    Mar 31, 2014
    Atlantic Canada
    Not a Doc or anything but here is my two cents.. if you are smoking regular cigs... those are designed to disperse the NIC very efficiently and as such.. it gets into your blood stream within seconds... since vaping provides a moist vapor as opposed to smoke from combustion... the nic is slower to enter.. so you tend to puff more.. because you are not getting the near Nic Hit that cigs give you.. so what I think is happening.. is that you are taking in a bit more nic then you are used to. One suggested getting zero nic for vaping... not a bad idea if you are intent on continuing your regular cigs. Also.. drink a lot of water... the products all be it VG or PG drawn moisture out of you... if you are already having dry mouth due to your meds... then definitely drink some water... I am a former pack a day plus... 35 year smoker.. and a heavy coffee drinker.. I ran into terrible problems that almost had me give up vaping due to dehydration .. dry mouth.. you name it... while I still drink coffee.. I also drink water while vaping.. and it really helps me enjoy it more. OK.. just my two cents.
    Happy Vaping
    Cheers
    Mace
    Thanks for helping me out with this. The thing is after i have a cigarette 19 minutes later I can pick up my vape with only 3nic ejuice and it seems like to much.

Lobes2011

ECF Veteran
    Mar 31, 2014
    Atlantic Canada
    I was a chain smoker so obviously i'm a chain vaper. I take 2 or 3 puffs of 12mg nic and chain vape the 0mg juice. I tried lower nic juice but it didn't give the nic hit I needed while making me nic sick from chain vaping it.
    Thanks buddy you might be on to something. Maybe I should hit a puff or 2 of 6 or 8 nic then run zero nic on another mod.

Lobes2011

ECF Veteran
    Mar 31, 2014
    Atlantic Canada
    I'm on a medium dose of heart meds because it races out of control and also a controlled narcotic for bad nerves etc. So lol that seems to keep the heart settled for the most part and have not noticed and changes in my heart due to vaping. Whoever my axienty does kick in when picking up my vapor because I am worried that it's going to cause me to feel slugish. Good to here your heart is doing good and hope you continue to improve.

Jingles

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 18, 2011
    Ohio
    If you really want to quit smoking, have you tried vaping first when you would usually have a cigarette, like after a meal or while driving? Many have quit by slowly replacing one cigarette at a time with vaping. You may have to vape longer, like 10-15 minutes, to get the satisfaction that a 5 minute smoke break would give you, but it should work once you are determined to quit smoking. Just a suggestion...

Lobes2011

ECF Veteran
    Mar 31, 2014
    Atlantic Canada
    If you really want to quit smoking, have you tried vaping first when you would usually have a cigarette, like after a meal or while driving? Many have quit by slowly replacing one cigarette at a time with vaping. You may have to vape longer, like 10-15 minutes, to get the satisfaction that a 5 minute smoke break would give you, but it should work once you are determined to quit smoking. Just a suggestion...
    Thanks for replying, if I vape for even 5 minutes with 3 nic I would be sick to my stomach. Thats the problem I don't want to smoke cigarettes but I would like to be able to pick up the mod and vape the same amount of time a cigarette takes but I'd be sick. It is so frustrating.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread