Wanted: No fuss hardware, honest retailer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clypto

Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Missouri
Ever buy a pack of cigs and then have to fiddle with stuffing it full of tobacco? Not me, so why am I fiddling with my hardware all the time just to vape? Or with the same situation, buying a cheap brand that is displayed as a top one and paying more for it.

RBAs just.. no, have one and I havent even tried it due to the videos I have seen just showing one hell of a lengthy process and some tools used that I dont even have. Seems crazy confusing and just too much prep work.
Carto-tanks I like a lot IF I can get them to work properly. Most of the time my cartos just dont seem to suck in enough juice or completely flood at the drop of a hat. UGH.
Vivi novas are solid performers when you dont have retailers selling you knock offs under the guise of genuine parts. Taste isnt great but at least it works properly the majority of the time.

Also, I need a retailer who isnt going to sell me 10 pcs of an item then when I have problems with 8 of those pcs tell me - No, 3 day warranty. Uh, Saturday Monday Tuesday.. you seriously counting Sunday? Oh and the charge backs fees if you want to change/cancel an order that hasnt even LEFT the store or an order that you literally put in an hour ago. Seems like I keep running into retailers who are extremely difficult to work with and I am just having to jump around which is getting old too.

Now, one thing I have tried recently was a Kanger Protank 2 which was pretty damn amazing but the heads popped on me QUICK. That doesnt make it ideal at all, I mean 2 days I had the first head then the 2nd head lasted for less then 4 hours. This was @ 3.6v on my Provari.

Anyways, frustrated with some of my hardware/vendors. After having several PVs fail me I jumped instantly to the Provari - no fuss, just works! I need to find that same formula for the top end because at this rate I am not able to get my nic which is getting me pretty damn flustered.

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
Emmmmm, ok. First, we never get everything that we want, sorry. Second, I use a variety of vendors that I found by reading here. Baditude has an excellent article with cartomizers and tanks. I use them daily and love them dearly. Once you get good at setting them up, it is easy, cheap and they work great. Don't use dark colored juices in them, they clog every time I do. I use Boge F16 cartos and Smoktech pyrex DCT tanks on my eVic (8 watts) or Smoktech Magneto all day long. Good luck and have fun!

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I pretty much stick with the same on-line suppliers that I've always had good customer service with. I check the warranty carefully before I order and have never had a problem. In the three years I've been vaping, I think I had one supplier that gave less than great service. All ship within a couple days and if I had something that didn't work properly, they quickly replaced the item. I pay the extra $2-$3 for good service and fast shipping.

There are several types of carto/tanks. The easiest type I think for someone new to carto/tanks are the tanks with the little screw in the side. Valley Vapes & Mom & Pops carry them- others might as well. Never had issues with them. If you have thick e-liquid, you may need to punch an extra hole in the carto.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
I feel like most of the vendors I use have good customer service. For atomizers/juice holders, I pretty much use RBAs and Protanks. I have had some minor issues with the Protank, but otherwise, they have been fine for a fill up and vape type of thing. With the Protank heads, it is hit-or-miss. Sometimes, I do get a dud. You can also clean them by soaking them in alcohol.

One of the things that drives people to get into RBAs is the frustration of the lack of quality control in Chinese produced clearos. It is a learning process, but well worth it. My RSST and Kayfun clones taste a million times better than my Protanks.

Cuando

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Living in a box of CelluCotton
I used to have the same issue, and would end up going back to smoking. Too much fiddling and stuff that 'kinda works, sometimes'. Then I got into rebuildable dripping atomizers and I have been having nothing but good vapes.

YES, there is a learning curve. Yes, it was frustrating at first, but once I got my first decent coil, I was hooked. Nothing delivers vapor like an RDA that I've tried. Carto tanks come close, and my RSST does give me plumes, but at the end of the day, I use my RDAs almost exclusively.

Good luck finding something that works for you, and a vendor you can trust.

Cuando

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Living in a box of CelluCotton
I was terrified of RBAs, but me Reos and Reomizer 2s knock my socks off. You can even buy prewrapped coils if wrapping coils isn't your thing. Avid Vaper sells them, and they work great.

I was the same way, and felt kinda like OP, that it was too much work. Then I bought a cheapy RBA and used it for a day or two and just set it aside. Fast forward a couple months, I decided to try rebuilding it (still had the stock coil). That was a long hour and a half just to get it working. And boy, did it work. Now I can wrap a coil and have it up and vaping in less than 5 minutes (usually) and it lasts me weeks. Wish I had dove in headfirst from the getgo.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I don't think there is such a thing as no fuss gear unless you want to go back to cigalikes and prefilled cartos. Everything requires at least some fussing with changing heads and filling if nothing more. We just have to find the fuss level we can cope with ;)

As for vendors there are many fine vendors out there. Read their rules before ordering and choose those that suit you.

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
I don't think there is such a thing as no fuss gear unless you want to go back to cigalikes and prefilled cartos. Everything requires at least some fussing with changing heads and filling if nothing more. We just have to find the fuss level we can cope with ;)

As for vendors there are many fine vendors out there. Read their rules before ordering and choose those that suit you.

Reo grand and rm2 is the closest I've come. I can fill the bottle and rewick or build a new coil in far less time than driving a mile to buy smokes, pay, drive home, etc.

I spend less than three minutes per day average on maintenance.

Thanks to my phone, I could have posted this from anywhere.

S1LV3R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Im gonna go with, which is more of a hassle. A little fiddling with my gear to get a decent vape or carting around an oxygen tank from emphysema and/or dealing with chemo from lung cancer.

Ill take a little fiddling over that other crap all day and twice on sunday!!

With that being said, i have no clue why you are popping heads on your pt2. Ive been running the protank and pt2 for months now with nary a prob. i did get a couple of bad heads but thats to be expected. I dont rebuild as i dont see the need. a 5 pack of heads lasts me a couple months. The most hassle free setup ive had is my vamo's and protanks/pt2's!!!

Not to sure how "easy" you want but the following is what my wife and I use and has a very complete supply of hardware and components. The T3 tank has been replaced with the T3-BCC tank and uses replaceable coils which run about $1.00 ea.

Easy Vaping Is one of the better web sites for vaping hardware but Joyetech hardware is generally mfg.
by Kranger and should be available at most vaping shops.
http://www.easyvaping.com
816-547-4610
Nicotine concentrations:
2.4 % or 24 mg/ml unfiltered cigarette
1.8 % or 18 mg/ml filtered full flavor cigarette
1.2 % or 12 mg/ml filtered light cigarette
Kanger Recommended Resistance
1.7-1.9 (1.8 ohm) - 3.1-3.4 volts--- standard li ion battery
2.1-2.3 (2.2 ohm) - 3.5-3.8 volts--- variable volt or standard li ion battery
2.4-2.6 (2.5 ohm) - 3.9 -4.2 volts--- variable volt li ion battery
2.6-3.0 (2.8 ohm) - 4.3-4.7 volts--- variable volt li ion battery
Coil/wick life
Our experience is about 60 ml. e-liquid before toss and change and that is the reason for the extra coil
units. Generally the wick gets clogged with non-vapable krud.

Part: Kanger T3 eGo Bottom CC (Coil Changeable) Clearomizer, Black- $6.49
Part Number CKEGO2.4T3Blk--- purchase 2, Resistance: 1.8 ohm +/- .2 ohm.

2 pkg. of 5, coils for T3s MT3S BCC cartomizer 1.8 ohm +/- .2 ohm

Part: Joyetech eGo-T 2 Upgrade 1000 mah passthrough battery (Stainless Steel) Item Id: B002 ---
purchase 1.

We use Ivape.net for the juce and they have some of the highest quality on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread