Wanting more flavorful hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBRose1018

May 24, 2021
Hello all, new to forum and seeking help finding desired pod/flavor. I was a cigarette smoker for years. Finally turned to vaping a year ago. Started with Uwell and switched to Nord 2. I switched from vaping salt nic 25mg, regular, and 0 nicotine all while using 0.8 mtl coil. I never liked the RPM coils. Everything was fine till I bought a puff bar 2 weeks ago and now I'm hooked on the amazing flavor it gives! (Lush vanilla strawberry custard & UnoMas strawberry yougurt) It's a compact strong, sweet flavor. Now when I hit my Nord it seems too airy/flavorless, compared to disposable. I went out and purchased several strawberry juices for Nord (coastal clouds strawberry & cream & The Finest Strawberry Custard, etc) and none of them compare to disposable! I also enjoyed the smooth quiet hit from disposable compared to my Nord that makes a crackling noise. My question is: why does the disposable have so much flavor and is there a pod device I can purchase that will give the same effect? I'm not interested in a big device or big clouds. I prefer a more discreet one. Smaller, quiet, good battery. It seems maybe I need something with a tighter pull?
TIA

Glam

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
La Salle, Illinois
Try the Uwell Caliburn G.
This, so far, after vaping for over 10 years, is my favorite device. Has a replaceable coil, so you keep the juice cartridge and just replace the coil. Much less waste, and really reviews well.

images

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hello all, new to forum and seeking help finding desired pod/flavor. I was a cigarette smoker for years. Finally turned to vaping a year ago. Started with Uwell and switched to Nord 2. I switched from vaping salt nic 25mg, regular, and 0 nicotine all while using 0.8 mtl coil. I never liked the RPM coils. Everything was fine till I bought a puff bar 2 weeks ago and now I'm hooked on the amazing flavor it gives! (Lush vanilla strawberry custard & UnoMas strawberry yougurt) It's a compact strong, sweet flavor. Now when I hit my Nord it seems too airy/flavorless, compared to disposable. I went out and purchased several strawberry juices for Nord (coastal clouds strawberry & cream & The Finest Strawberry Custard, etc) and none of them compare to disposable! I also enjoyed the smooth quiet hit from disposable compared to my Nord that makes a crackling noise. My question is: why does the disposable have so much flavor and is there a pod device I can purchase that will give the same effect? I'm not interested in a big device or big clouds. I prefer a more discreet one. Smaller, quiet, good battery. It seems maybe I need something with a tighter pull?
TIA

Just a heads up but generally pod devices don't give great flavor. They are my husbands preference so I put more flavorings in his ejuice (I DIY our juice). I mix my juice between 6-10% flavorings (depending on the recipe) but I pump his flavoring percentages up around double that.... otherwise he couldn't taste the juice in his pod.

It is likely the puff bar you enjoy simply has more flavorings added to the juice; that they have formulated the ejuice that's in it in such a manner it can be easily tasted.

BBRose1018

May 24, 2021
Thanks for replying. I have actually been reading about the caliburn and caliburn G, which I guess the G is the newer version. Everything sounds great about the caliburn G except there are alot of complaints about the coils burning out too fast. I'm craving a strong, sweet flavor and that might be an issue since those seemed to burn coils quicker. Apparently the original caliburn's pods last longer, so may go with that one. So many things to consider VG/PG ratio, different coils, warm or cool hit...I never realized just how confusing vaping could be. Seems to be alot of trial and error.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thanks for replying. I have actually been reading about the caliburn and caliburn G, which I guess the G is the newer version. Everything sounds great about the caliburn G except there are alot of complaints about the coils burning out too fast. I'm craving a strong, sweet flavor and that might be an issue since those seemed to burn coils quicker. Apparently the original caliburn's pods last longer, so may go with that one. So many things to consider VG/PG ratio, different coils, warm or cool hit...I never realized just how confusing vaping could be. Seems to be alot of trial and error.
It's a little more involved than picking up a pack of smokes from the convenience store and smoking, but you'll get the hang of it.

Pods require a higher PG level than regular mods, but 50PG/50VG is a good mix for them.

If your less interested in the Uwell, try the Vaporesso Xros:

XROS » Vaporesso

Vaporesso is pretty good on flavor, remember to get two so you can vape while one is charging.

You want the 1.2 ohm coils, Vaping.com and Vape Royalty both have them in stock.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I'll probably just go with the original caliburn since the pods seem to last longer. If I'm wanting to do 0 nicotine with powerful sweet flavor (particularly strawberries & cream) do you have any suggestions on juice/recipe?

Do you mix your own? Or are you needing commercially made?

If you mix then Wonder Flavors has a "Strawberry (Baked)" that's good, they also have a good selection of creams as well. Bull City flavors has it. They are a good company to deal with, thats where I get the bulk of my flavorings.

If you don't mix then you could try Unicorn Milk, it's real popular. If you don't think it's flavorful enough you could always spike it with a flavor or two from bull city.

If you want a set recipe for mixing then the Random thread is a good place to ask:

Random DIY mixing and More

Or you could look in @Zazie's blog:

Zazie's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:

Glam

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
La Salle, Illinois
I have gotten great mileage from the coils on the Caliburn G....I do vape some sweet juices, but I also vape a lot more tobaccos from Black Note which are not sweet. I also have two of the original Caliburns, and love them also....a different draw than the G, but take a lot longer to charge.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I keep seeing Unicorn Milk when I search strawberry cream flavors. Will probably give it a try! I will look into Wonder Flavors and Bull City as well as forum listed. Thank you!

As a beside, if you find you enjoy unicorn milk, here is the clone recipe for it:

Screenshot_2021-05-27-05-32-01.png

It's highly rated with 192 reviews of it. Just adapt the recipe for a 50/50 mix with 0 nic, but the percentages work for any size batch you want to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread