Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Best thing you can do at this point as a USA vaper is to learn to mix your own juice, which is easy, especially if you can deal with vaping simple recipes like 1-flavor recipes. The more the flavors and the more complex the flavor profile, the more involved it can be (like cooking). But there are recipes all over the net and here at ECF.

Nemobass

• Feb 28, 2021
    Midwest Missouri
    Best thing you can do at this point as a USA vaper is to learn to mix your own juice, which is easy, especially if you can deal with vaping simple recipes like 1-flavor recipes. The more the flavors and the more complex the flavor profile, the more involved it can be (like cooking). But there are recipes all over the net and here at ECF.
    Right now I like a mild tobacco with just a little vanilla or butterscotch. Mixing those 2 have been easy I just would like to knock down the sweetness.

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
    Sep 13, 2016
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

mikhail v

Sep 1, 2019
    Moscow
    VG is sweet on its own, but flavors that contain sweeteners will make it even it more sweet obviously. I suggest making own juice with tobacco "absolutes", those are pure tobacco extracts, so in the end with high VG percentage it will be still sweet enough. Adding more PG will reduce sweetnes but I personally hate the taste of PG so I stick to pure VG + ca. 10 % distilled water most of the time.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Right now I like a mild tobacco with just a little vanilla or butterscotch. Mixing those 2 have been easy I just would like to knock down the sweetness.

How long have you been vaping, and did you smoke previously? I ask because vapor is generally going to taste sweet in comparison.

You might try different brands of flavorings - some are sweeter than others. And keep in mind, some flavors are just sweet in nature. Butterscotch and vanilla are often sweet. So see if you can do without, or find a less sweet brand. I’ll mix a single flavor of hazelnut or toasted almond when I’m not in the mood for the sweeter flavors

Nemobass

• Feb 28, 2021
    Midwest Missouri
    VG is sweet on its own, but flavors that contain sweeteners will make it even it more sweet obviously. I suggest making own juice with tobacco "absolutes", those are pure tobacco extracts, so in the end with high VG percentage it will be still sweet enough. Adding more PG will reduce sweetnes but I personally hate the taste of PG so I stick to pure VG + ca. 10 % distilled water most of the time.
    I've been trying to find 50/50 mix tobacco then just add a little flavoring.

Nemobass

• Feb 28, 2021
    Midwest Missouri
    How long have you been vaping, and did you smoke previously? I ask because vapor is generally going to taste sweet in comparison.

You might try different brands of flavorings - some are sweeter than others. And keep in mind, some flavors are just sweet in nature. Butterscotch and vanilla are often sweet. So see if you can do without, or find a less sweet brand. I’ll mix a single flavor of hazelnut or toasted almond when I’m not in the mood for the sweeter flavors
    I just started at the beginning of the year with vape. I've smoked most of my adult life I'm 63 years old. I'm adding just a little butterscotch or blueberry to my tobacco mix and sometimes vanilla.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    You really do need to consider doing DIY (for many of us that may be the only choice anyway) I know you are new to this concept but time is running out... first thing to consider is getting some nicotine concentrate (you can get VG, PG and flavors anytime) It's hard to tell newbies this (if they haven't kept up on vaping news) but it may already be too late.
    BTW, you really can't reduce the sweetness of pre-made juices (without really reducing flavor too)

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    Do you mind diluting the flavour? I'd give it a try. As others have said, premade juices tend to be both strong and sweet. I dilute mine 50/50 with a blend of PG and VG.

If you're not familiar with VG and PG, they're the bases usually used for ejuice - most ejuice you buy is already mostly PG and VG. You can mix in plain VG/PG (if you get the right proportions) without changing the consistency. Just be sure to get USP grade.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread