pub
  • Creative
Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
i thought the future of warfare was to find more humane ways to kill on the battle field?

seems the ci4 have different ideas

introducing the new r9x missile
aka the ninja missile that comes equipped with not one but 6 swords.... Yes this thing has 6 blades to rip through the enemy :eek:

US government has developed 'secret missile' with six BLADES that kill terrorists not civilians | Daily Mail Online

Interesting, but sometimes targeting fails to hit the intended spot. I'd hate to be in the same city block where that was deployed.

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
Interesting, but sometimes targeting fails to hit the intended spot. I'd hate to be in the same city block where that was deployed.
no kidding mate it would be like a night out in Glasgow :D

if America starts making things like this other countries will too :eek:

I'm moving to the countryside lol

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Nothing particularly new. The US deployed a kinetic bombardment weapon during the Vietnam war called Beehive rounds fired from a 105mm howitzer that delivered flechettes, or the Lazy Dog bomb.
Or the proposed Prompt Global Strike that used an ICBM to deliver a rain of hypersonic flechettes from orbit. Or project Thor that delivered telephone pole sized tungston rods from a satellite.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Nothing particularly new. The US deployed a kinetic bombardment weapon during the Vietnam war called Beehive rounds fired from a 105mm howitzer that delivered flechettes, or the Lazy Dog bomb.
Or the proposed Prompt Global Strike that used an ICBM to deliver a rain of hypersonic flechettes from orbit. Or project Thor that delivered telephone pole sized tungston rods from a satellite.
Beehive was for tanks. Allowed an AP capacity for the main gun. Wasn’t very efficient. Tended to pin people to trees. There was also a grenade launcher round tested but buckshot worked better

High velocity flechette is old though. iirc it’s used in several AP and one or two AT systems currently by various nations.

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
i do have to add that the link i gave was from a paper that isn't how can i say ehh reliable, for news that is true and some times post BS for views
but this was a eye opener when i read this today

no doubt some kind of scare tactic for future use

on a different note has anyone seen the semi self targeting bullets wth..... thats matrix tech and real :eek:

• Optimistic

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
i do have to add that the link i gave was from a paper that isn't haw can i say ehh reliable for new ls that is true and some times post BS for views
but this was a eye opener when i read this today

no doubt some kind of scare tactic for future use

on a different note has anyone seen the semi self targeting bullets wth..... thats matrix tech
Read about them. They don’t look particularly reliable. They will eventually be proven useless or wind up in large scale combat at which point we will know more.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
no kidding mate it would be like a night out in Glasgow :D

if America starts making things like this other countries will too :eek:

I'm moving to the countryside lol

I thought this was interesting from the article.

Abu Khayr al-Masri, the deputy leader of Al-Qaeda was reportedly killed by one of these missiles in February 2017. His car was shredded by the 'Ninja missile' as he drove through Idlib in northern Syria.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
reported as being ?? Not was??
the name ninja missile thing could be used to hide other types interesting

Wouldn't that require boots on the ground to confirm A kill? This seems to be a long distance weapon like a shoulder fired rocket. Details were sketchy in the article.

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
Luke and the rebel troops would obviously be ok

;) ;)

iy2k7nv46fy01 (2).jpg

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
techs getting to where things are scary

i looked into them matrix ones age ago and they are unfortunately really accurate...in promotion an paper anyways

scarry times tbh
Been that way since the 16th century. There’s a missive from the period about the crossbow being so terrifying a weapon that war would never be fought again. Personally I find the slaughterbots video even more scary. That’s about random terrorists using current tech swarm drone software and facial recognition to assassinate various people.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
not much worried about collateral damage.

i'd love some self targeting bullets tho.
i have to practice hard to hit what i aim at.
Problem is they don’t work very well and they sometimes don’t work at all I understand. Not what I would call a net gain in most situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread