Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
i'll stick to regular ammo.
i shoot pistol at 25 n 50 yards, so it's hard.
but, training is fun when you do it in your yard.

all 4 gals i introduced to shooting loved it.
one bot her own gun.
Shooting handguns is fun. At least with most guns. Weird but true. I’ve notice that guns sold to militaries in the past are generally fun to shoot, but ones sold mainly to police forces more often aren’t. Generally it’s the grip that is the issue. Unpleasant grips and weirdly strong grip safeties combined with higher power ammo. Haven’t shot anything since the late 80s though.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I hate to feed your paranoia mc-nulty but like if it's in an article it's either obsolete, or it doesn't work very well.

Or it's a "front" for some other type of creation.

Remember the "Stealth" bomber that wasn't? It got so much press (and money) I am fairly certainly they trotted that show pony out and used the rest of the money for something that worked.

This seems, ah, similar.

Also, it's not high tech you need to WORRY ABOUT. Nuclear missiles are still run on a system that involves FLOPPY disks, IIRC. Still plenty of "doom" from that system. Etc.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: ENAUD

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Pardon me stols001. It's rare for me to notice any mistakes in your well written english, but 2 in one post, makes me wonder if there are actually 3. Not that I'd ever correct you, and really just wondering about that third one. So bear with me. He's a 'mac' and a 'nutty'. After those, I had to wonder about this
    FLOPPY disks
    and if that bolded 's' was meant to be 'c'?:confused:
    Happy Anniversary, Etc.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    IDK I am all confused. Floppy discs floppy disks hmm. I think I have been mentally calling them floppy disks my entire life.

I would think that my older brother would have corrected me, but probably it was because we were more yelling at each other and being beaten up or beating up (my end, his end) than passing like secret notes to each other and whatnot. Which like, the very idea of secret notes with my brother that makes me CRINGE.

LOL the older brother was always asked to like, babysit (without pay) and he beat us up mercilessly and threatened to kill us if we told. He was pretty convincing if you ask me but my repeated demands/begs/pleas that my parents NOT go out eventually resulted in me "spilling the beans."

In a fit of most stellar parenting my MOTHER threatened to kill HIM if he ever touched us again, and so then I have lots of memories of him driving us places like music lessons and whatnot listening to Guns N Roses and NIN and like, deliberately driving terrifying on purpose because he had all these little sister chores.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to BE him, that totally must have sucked. But, I wasn't real fond of being ME either.

I suck as a driver but I cannot tell you how happy I was to get my driver's license. Heh.

The computer guys in my college I handed them to fix that was all oral too, and by that I mean I spoke to them only, not the other thing also ewwwww although they were useful people and etc.

So I think I mean discs. I don't think I have to explain my name misspelling, just misspelled my missive to the originator of the thread.

Hope this helps. LOL

Anna

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    Pardon me stols001. It's rare for me to notice any mistakes in your well written english, but 2 in one post, makes me wonder if there are actually 3. Not that I'd ever correct you, and really just wondering about that third one. So bear with me. He's a 'mac' and a 'nutty'. After those, I had to wonder about thisand if that bolded 's' was meant to be 'c'?:confused:
    Happy Anniversary, Etc.

I, too, enjoy @stols001 stream of consciousness writing style; the writing, it just flows from one concept to another seamlessly. Sometimes I think of J.D. Salinger (Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters... or A Perfect Day for Banannafish), other times I wonder if James Joyce is being channeled.
    Anna, I hope that you take this in the spirit in which it is offered, sincere complement.

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
    I hate to feed your paranoia mc-nulty but like if it's in an article it's either obsolete, or it doesn't work very well.

Or it's a "front" for some other type of creation.

Remember the "Stealth" bomber that wasn't? It got so much press (and money) I am fairly certainly they trotted that show pony out and used the rest of the money for something that worked.

This seems, ah, similar.

Also, it's not high tech you need to WORRY ABOUT. Nuclear missiles are still run on a system that involves FLOPPY disks, IIRC. Still plenty of "doom" from that system. Etc.

Anna
    I worry more about a major coronal mass ejection causing a nationwide power grid failure...in such an event, if the nuke plants run out of generator fuel before they can be safely powered down, we could have multiple very bad events occurring all over the place...

What If the Biggest Solar Storm on Record Happened Today?

Would a Long-Term Blackout Mean Nuclear Meltdown?

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I don't worry not like I used to. Man, I used to worry myself SICK, like I was the worst catastrophizer ever of all time. If the husband was 5 minutes late I was planning the funeral. Etc.

I remember the first time I STOPPED, so vividly. I was watching this crap on tidal waves and how if the right volcano erupted we would all be under water. I was living in Baltimore and like, I was mentally packing the suitcase, locating the kid, etc.

Then the dude like, well I listened to his voice and he was SO HAPPY. Smug. Like this was his field of study and he WANTED it to happen.

This sort of sane mental voice washed over me, like "I will worry about this WHEN it happens." Not even IF, but WHEN. Because I realized that I'd be dead at that point and my worries would cease.

So then when Marsha Linehan the goddess of Fixing all things Psych, well I took her advice and REHEARSED my own death, in various scenarios, until I could cope. I'm pretty sure I can COPE with death. Alzheimer's scares me more than death now, probably.

To be fair, that's a tough one to mentally rehearse. But it's on my catastrophe list and 100% of the catastrophies I have written down have NEVER happened. I mean it's LIFE bad stuff happens, but the worst is usually totally unexpected.

And no, I don't worry about that. I am now at the point I am rehearsing the KID's death, because it would SUCK. Until I no longer fear it.

But mostly, I worry about what's in front of me.

I wasn't offended Wayno OR CMD not even close. If I can deadpan up a good story, I'm gonna.

So, not worried about feeling offended. Don't be I am far from offense.

I don't even hate evil doc no more. It's more like pity.

Man if this keeps up I am going to be the messiest Bodhicitta of all time.

You should all worry about when this happens. LOL.

Anna

mac-nutty

Moved On
    Mar 2, 2019
    pub
    I worry more about a major coronal mass ejection causing a nationwide power grid failure...in such an event, if the nuke plants run out of generator fuel before they can be safely powered down, we could have multiple very bad events occurring all over the place...

What If the Biggest Solar Storm on Record Happened Today?

Would a Long-Term Blackout Mean Nuclear Meltdown?
    talking about that we have a nuclear power station being build here in the UK buy China we also are also still taking about a 5g network being in place all round the UK made by China
    something about this doesn't sit well in my thinking

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
    talking about that we have a nuclear power station being build here in the UK buy China we also are also still taking about a 5g network being in place all round the UK made by China
    something about this doesn't sit well in my thinking
    5G is a population control tech, the most vulnerable will be very young women when it goes online. The wavelentghs are so short they can barely penetrate the skin they say say...yeah, pull the left one this time elites. Read the message on the "Georgia Guidstones"...they will reduce the planets population through tech, vaccines, world war, and man made pandemics. Then when the social and political threads un-weave worldwide accompanied by total fabricated economic collapse via manipulated fiat currencies, they will usher in their "one world', New World Order"...watch George Sr.'s speech on this, he looks like he is in a trance.

This years Bilderberg meeting is being kept even more secret than past years, which really isn't saying muchthough. Read up on the Bilderberg meetings, and also on Bohemian Grove. There are lots of fun rabbit holes to go spelunking in...

mac-nutty

Moved On
    Mar 2, 2019
    pub
    5G is a population control tech, the most vulnerable will be very young women when it goes online. The wavelentghs are so short they can barely penetrate the skin they say say...yeah, pull the left one this time elites. Read the message on the "Georgia Guidstones"...they will reduce the planets population through tech, vaccines, world war, and man made pandemics. Then when the social and political threads un-weave worldwide accompanied by total fabricated economic collapse via manipulated fiat currencies, they will usher in their "one world', New World Order"...watch George Sr.'s speech on this, he looks like he is in a trance.

This years Bilderberg meeting is being kept even more secret than past years, which really isn't saying muchthough. Read up on the Bilderberg meetings, and also on Bohemian Grove. There are lots of fun rabbit holes to go spelunking in...
    follow the link ;)
    space have we been there?

• Creative
    Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread