Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
[Warning: Bad Science] vaping linked to COVID-19 risk in teens and young adults
Data were collected via online surveys conducted in May. Surveys were completed by 4,351 participants
people who had used both cigarettes and e-cigarettes in the previous 30 days were almost five times as likely to experience COVID-19 symptoms, such as coughing, fever, tiredness and difficulty breathing as those who never smoked or vaped.
In addition to warning teenagers and young adults about the dangers of vaping, the researchers hope their findings will prompt the Food and Drug Administration to further tighten regulations governing how vaping products are sold to young people.

“Now is the time,” Halpern-Felsher said. “We need the FDA to hurry up and regulate these products.

Clearly science with an agenda has replaced scientific objectivity among this group of researchers.

Broken link: http://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2020/08/vaping[***REMOVE THIS***]-linked-to-covid-19-risk-in-teens-and-young-adults.html

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
And in response to above,

Does Vaping Make Coronavirus More Dangerous?
Not satisfied with a ban on flavored products, vaping opponents are now trying to leverage fear of COVID-19 infection as a means of preventing many adults from choosing to engage in an activity they find pleasurable.
“Had the authors calculated risk based on testing rates, it would have shown no difference in COVID-19 cases between e‐cigarette users and non‐users. But, that’s not how the authors chose to report their results.”
We’ve seen this movie before. As with “...... madness” and other drug war hysterics, vapophobia and e‐cigarette prohibition will only fuel a nascent and growing underground market. It will also deprive tobacco smokers of an effective means of harm reduction as they try to quit that decidedly unhealthy activity.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
people who had used both cigarettes and e-cigarettes in the previous 30 days were almost five times as likely to experience COVID-19 symptoms, such as coughing, fever, tiredness and difficulty breathing as those who never smoked or vaped.
Based on this, it would seem I had "COVID-19 symptoms" for several decades.

But somehow, I don't think I actually had COVID-19 back then. :laugh:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You could have had a genetic precursor vulnerability. You know, the kind of genetic tests they do on kids that are "not right" and then you get told, "Your child has "Fragile X syndrome" and the parent joins the Fragile X Syndrome society and if you are a wide eyed genetically trained SW such as myself you ask the doc what "Fragile X" is and they give you a big lecture and you say at the end, "So pretty much a long name for Mental ......ation, severe, you want me to set up services for that, then?"
And they nod enthusiastically and you walk away muttering, "Until there is a cure,, there should be no publicly revealed TEST results OR name GOD my dad and his stupid company said this crud wouldn't happen and even when I was like 14, everyone was like, "OH MY GOSH NO PEOPLE WON'T USE GENETICS FOR STUPID OR EVIL PURPOSES."

And even back then, like, you nodded your head but you thought, "Human nature being what it is, that is a LIE."

You could have had the genetic vulnerability to COVID 18, .mow dangerously morphed via the cigarettes you smoked into the spreadable form COVID 19 or one of your descendants could.

If only we had had genetic testing for the precursor to COVID 18 then, we would know so much more now. All smokers and vapers could have been tested.

Anna

• Creative
Reactions: Rossum

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
SO MOST non vapers you are saying? Yeah if they read it they will be even MORE against vaping but I think that ship done sailed some time AGO.

Also, the teens are engaging in harm reduction in TWO ways even if it were like, uh, TRUE. Like chicken pox, mortality rates are WAY lower than adults AND they are taking up vaping, not smoking FAR less hazardous.

If you can convince anyone of the above logic who is a non vaper I am going to need you to audiotape it and post it here. Because it will not happen.

Anna

borno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2019
land of pleasant living
I had FRIED pickles last night. I'm doomed.

I bet you though, there are people who have never eaten pickles, and still died. Like the Sherpa people of Tibet. Maybe they eat pickles though.

Anna
A friend from work said fried pickles were really good, sadly he died right after retirement. Me, I will stick to bread and butter pickles for now.

Reactions: stols001

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
Fried pickles are to pickles as cigarettes are to vapes.

I think that would be a good SAT question. It would sort out the men from the children.

I really enjoyed the analogy section the most, I like them.

Unlike math.

Enjoyed is maybe too strong a word, maybe the set of words I want is "hated least."

Anna
VAPING::SMOKING
A) Shirley Temple::Vodka Martini
B) Cap Gun::Shotgun
C) Dream::Nightmare
D) Raisins::Skittles
E) Potpourri::Excrement

• Winner
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have to admit there are potpourri blends that are really.... You smell them and you go, "What I would not give for some lovely, fresh excrement right now."

Nice trick questions, the other ones were pretty good.

Anna

Oh, I also hate raisins a GREAT deal. We were not exposed to them until the US. My little sis of age 3ish like, shoved one UP her nose (no warning) like after getting shots at the doctor's appointment. You should have seen the doctor's office get more frantic until finally the doc, with this look of desperation covered one nostril firmly and went "BLOW!! HARD!!" It shot outta there like a miniature cannon.

She could not offer much in the ways and whyfores of why she did it. I knew though. If I was three and suddenly presented with raisins I'd be like "I'm not putting that in my mouth NO WAY" and like uh, done that TOO.

I want to say someone was severely punished but I'm not sure who. Even the raisin seemed to be having a bit of a hard time.;

Reactions: MLEJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread