!! WARNING !! Kanger Subtank RBA Insulator Dissolving Into my Juice !!! What should I use to make one?

Is your new brown insulator in the Subtank Mini showing any sign of deterioration?

• Swelling or changing shape

• Changing in color

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieKim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
venice florida
Kanger acknowledged this issue and is sending me a new insulator as soon as they are available.

In the meantime, can anyone tell me what material to use as a temporary insulator? I used glass but it broke when tightening.

I don't know what the original material was, Kanger won't tell me. I use cinnamon in my juice. They won't tell me what the replacement is made out of either.

I looked at my Ehpro kayfun and sure enough, it's doing it too.

Please help me out with a material recommendation and where I can buy it.

Also, Mr. Moderator, let me know or feel free to move this post. I put it here for lots of visibility.

Thanks,

ErnieKim

Pocha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Phil Busardo addressed this issue in his recent video and says Kanger knows of this issue and, going forward will sell it's tanks with a PEEK insulator. In addition they told him they will be offering replacement insulators for people who purchased the original SubTanks.

Oops...saw that you already know that Kanger is addressing the issue. Carry on.

Last edited:

underwhelmd

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Canada
You got a link to the vid?

So this guy in the video puts causitc fluid in his tank that is known to eat things like rubber and plastic and creates a video : bad news on the kanger subtank.
Then has to admit in the comments it's his own fault. Kanger actually joined in to let people know they were aware.

This dude reminds me of combo off breaking bad. lol

{Moderated}
It doesn't seem to be fair business at all if Kanger offered to replace it even when they don't have to and then made a "warning!!!!!" post like this.

Are you an aspire employee, original poster?

Last edited by a moderator:

ErnieKim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
venice florida
{MODERATED}
1) I did not post any video
2) I did acknowledge Kanger for replacing the part
3) I use Dragons Breath which is a popular juice by the Mad Alchemist
4) {MODERATED}

"Just Sayin"

Sky is falling! {MODERATED}

So what kind of "juice" did you have in your tank, eh? You're the guy with the shady youtube vid?
Shouldn't your post be about how nice Kanger is to take care of your issue considering you destroyed the parts using non-standard juice it's not made to handle?

How is it kanger or kayfun's fault that you destroyed it under those conditions? Just sayin'

ErnieKim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
venice florida
Phil Busardo addressed this issue in his recent video and says Kanger knows of this issue and, going forward will sell it's tanks with a PEEK insulator. In addition they told him they will be offering replacement insulators for people who purchased the original SubTanks.

Oops...saw that you already know that Kanger is addressing the issue. Carry on.

Can I get the Peek material to make my own insulator? I'm afraid it may be a while. I'm thinking about scavaging a kayfun, quite similar.

ErnieKim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
venice florida
So this guy in the video puts causitc fluid in his tank that is known to eat things like rubber and plastic and creates a video : bad news on the kanger subtank.
Then has to admit in the comments it's his own fault. Kanger actually joined in to let people know they were aware.

This dude reminds me of combo off breaking bad. lol

{MODERATED}
It doesn't seem to be fair business at all if Kanger offered to replace it even when they don't have to and then made a "warning!!!!!" post like this.

Are you an aspire employee, original poster?

Unlike you, I care enough about people to give them a "heads up". I've nothing to do with any of the accusations you mentioned {Moderated}

ErnieKim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
venice florida
I'm gonna say 80% user error
(common sense)
and 20% juice fault. If he's been vaping for awhile he should know that some juices destroy tanks over other juices.

Edit: not the OP, but the tool in the video.

Klouds,
Thanks. But my juice is pretty standard stuff, kind of strong but not that bad. I've tried to find out what cinnamon is used in it but they won't tell me; not surprising I guess.
I only ran one tank of juice through it, albeit its a big tank, but the material is clearly inferior. Kanger (China) even thinks it was a bad lot of material.

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
{MODERATED}
1) I did not post any video
2) I did acknowledge Kanger for replacing the part
3) I use Dragons Breath which is a popular juice by the Mad Alchemist
4){MODERATED}

"Just Sayin"

From Mad Alchemist's website:
"A very strong & spicy Vape with some cinnamon heat. Rasberry and Cinnamon make a crazy good combo, who woulda thought? As with any cinnamon based vape this is NOT intended for plastic tanks."

Just sayin' :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread