*warning* Long rant inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis798

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Oklahoma
Okay, so generally I hate to post negative review type posts when it comes to juice, as taste is subjective and I don't want to scare people off from a juice they might like, but I feel compelled to post this.

Yesterday I got in some bottles that I ordered for samples to see what KBV is all about. I ordered Blueberry, Strawberry Pie, RY4, Sweet Tea and Snickerdoodle.

Let me start off with the good. The Blueberry tasted exactly like blueberry to me. It was exactly as I imagined it would be.

The strawberry pie tasted strawberryish with kind of a strange aftertaste which might be where the "pie" part comes in. Although it wasn't really for me, I can see where some people might like it.

Now on to the flip side.

RY4 from another vendor is my daily vape and has been for years, so I may be biased on my expectations of this flavor. I ended up filling 3 different carto's for a taste test of this, before realizing the carto's didn't taste burnt, the juice just tasted like burnt carto to me. Again, this is a subjective taste and I can see where some people may enjoy this flavor.

The sweet tea was doomed before I ever vaped it. I couldn't stand the smell of it. My mom used to vape a caramel creme that smelled about the same, and I couldn't even be in the same room as her when she vaped it. It was a no-go for me. I should add that my mom nor my brother liked this juice either.

Now, the reason I actually posted this. I realize that taste is subjective, but this snickerdoodle actually got me threats of physical harm. It was just bad, and by bad I mean terrible.

I sat down, filled a carto, took a puff and omg. I ran for my coffee to wash my mouth out, started vaping my daily vape to try to cleanse my pallet and was considering lighting an analog to try to "clean" my mouth of this monstrosity.

I had my mom try it, and on the first hit she threw my Buzz Pro down and started cussing me, grabbing whatever was nearest to her to drink to wash her mouth out and started vaping her daily vape all in an effort to get this tragic event behind her.

At this point, knowing that taste is subjective, possibly wanting to have to fun, and realizing that my brother has only been vaping for a few days and may have substantially different taste than I, I had him try it. He took one hit, tossed my Buzz Pro back to me, grabbed a coke and downed it, grabbed his e-cig and began vaping like mad to try to rid himself of the taste. When he was able to catch his breath, he informed me that he just might punch me in the mouth if I ever have him try something like that again. Okay, we all had the same reaction. He says it tasted as if someone had picked up a dog turd, liquified it, put it in a bottle and sent it to me. I think I would have preferred that actually.

Now I'm not certain what I should do with this stuff. I mean, I can't very well give it away because that would just be mean. I thought about dumping it out outside but I have a yard full of night crawlers that I use for catfish bait and this stuff might run them off to never return again. I hate to flush it down the sink or toilet because there might be some poor unsuspecting animal happily frolicking in the sewers minding his own business, and that would just be mean.

I'm not quite sure that I can put into words how bad this stuff is. I mean, I'm thinking I could get some big bucks for this from the Government to use in interrogations. It would surely be more effective than water boarding. I mean, for the past couple of years anything I couldn't vape I would give to my mom. That woman will vape anything. She doesn't want this in her house and now she looks at me with contempt as if she wishes she had never brought me into this world so that I would have not been there to have her try that one single hit of this stuff.

Since I like to end things on a positive note, the blueberry was excellent! Ummm, yeah, the end.

yssiM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
MO USA
Wow Travis........Good thing I put on my big girl undies on today so I can respond to this malicious post, without sounding as harsh as you did!
Snickerdoodle is some of our customers favorite vape, as well as the RY4, and B's Strawberry pie ( me included ) I am sure they would gladly take it off your hands.. No need to scare any worms or sewer dwelling critters away o.0
The Blueberry romance is more than just blueberry, there are other underlying nuances ;)

walk1191

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Brunswick, GA
Travis, I'm a new KBV customer and this is my first post in the KBV subforum, but I just wanted to respond after reading your post ... all the way to the end, I might add. You're absolutely right; taste is completely subjective. I, for one, have only tried tobacco flavors from KBV and have very much enjoyed them all, so I can't speak to the particular flavors you mention. I do look forward to trying Hummingbird Nectar and Refreshing Cantaloupe in the near future (spring is in the air in South Georgia).

I just have one question for you, and please don't misunderstand, but have you and your family ever considered taking your show on the road? :unsure: You all really seem to have a flair for the dramatic. I'm just sayin'.

skullfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
North Detroit
Okay, so generally I hate to post negative review type posts when it comes to juice, as taste is subjective and I don't want to scare people off from a juice they might like, but I feel compelled to post this.

Yesterday I got in some bottles that I ordered for samples to see what KBV is all about. I ordered Blueberry, Strawberry Pie, RY4, Sweet Tea and Snickerdoodle.

Let me start off with the good. The Blueberry tasted exactly like blueberry to me. It was exactly as I imagined it would be.

The strawberry pie tasted strawberryish with kind of a strange aftertaste which might be where the "pie" part comes in. Although it wasn't really for me, I can see where some people might like it.

Now on to the flip side.

RY4 from another vendor is my daily vape and has been for years, so I may be biased on my expectations of this flavor. I ended up filling 3 different carto's for a taste test of this, before realizing the carto's didn't taste burnt, the juice just tasted like burnt carto to me. Again, this is a subjective taste and I can see where some people may enjoy this flavor.

The sweet tea was doomed before I ever vaped it. I couldn't stand the smell of it. My mom used to vape a caramel creme that smelled about the same, and I couldn't even be in the same room as her when she vaped it. It was a no-go for me. I should add that my mom nor my brother liked this juice either.

Now, the reason I actually posted this. I realize that taste is subjective, but this snickerdoodle actually got me threats of physical harm. It was just bad, and by bad I mean terrible.

I sat down, filled a carto, took a puff and omg. I ran for my coffee to wash my mouth out, started vaping my daily vape to try to cleanse my pallet and was considering lighting an analog to try to "clean" my mouth of this monstrosity.

I had my mom try it, and on the first hit she threw my Buzz Pro down and started cussing me, grabbing whatever was nearest to her to drink to wash her mouth out and started vaping her daily vape all in an effort to get this tragic event behind her.

At this point, knowing that taste is subjective, possibly wanting to have to fun, and realizing that my brother has only been vaping for a few days and may have substantially different taste than I, I had him try it. He took one hit, tossed my Buzz Pro back to me, grabbed a coke and downed it, grabbed his e-cig and began vaping like mad to try to rid himself of the taste. When he was able to catch his breath, he informed me that he just might punch me in the mouth if I ever have him try something like that again. Okay, we all had the same reaction. He says it tasted as if someone had picked up a dog turd, liquified it, put it in a bottle and sent it to me. I think I would have preferred that actually.

Now I'm not certain what I should do with this stuff. I mean, I can't very well give it away because that would just be mean. I thought about dumping it out outside but I have a yard full of night crawlers that I use for catfish bait and this stuff might run them off to never return again. I hate to flush it down the sink or toilet because there might be some poor unsuspecting animal happily frolicking in the sewers minding his own business, and that would just be mean.

I'm not quite sure that I can put into words how bad this stuff is. I mean, I'm thinking I could get some big bucks for this from the Government to use in interrogations. It would surely be more effective than water boarding. I mean, for the past couple of years anything I couldn't vape I would give to my mom. That woman will vape anything. She doesn't want this in her house and now she looks at me with contempt as if she wishes she had never brought me into this world so that I would have not been there to have her try that one single hit of this stuff.

Since I like to end things on a positive note, the blueberry was excellent! Ummm, yeah, the end.

Personally I think you should go back to analogs...

yssiM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
MO USA
Travis, I'm a new KBV customer and this is my first post in the KBV subforum, but I just wanted to respond after reading your post ... all the way to the end, I might add. You're absolutely right; taste is completely subjective. I, for one, have only tried tobacco flavors from KBV and have very much enjoyed them all, so I can't speak to the particular flavors you mention. I do look forward to trying Hummingbird Nectar and Refreshing Cantaloupe in the near future (spring is in the air in South Georgia).

I just have one question for you, and please don't misunderstand, but have you and your family ever considered taking your show on the road? :unsure: You all really seem to have a flair for the dramatic. I'm just sayin'.

My thoughts pretty much exactly!

Personally I think you should go back to analogs...

:ohmy:

I am not new to vaping.. and until recently was limited to about 3 juice vendors. Watching the classifieds I picked up several juice lots containing juice from an amazing assortment of vendors. Let it be noted that after, trying/sharing with others, nearly all the vendors. KBV is a consistent favorite.

Regards
Indo

Thanks so much for kind words Indo!

All of you are great :p

Travis798

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Oklahoma
I guess I wasn't very clear in my post. I'm pretty sure I clearly stated that I can see where others might like all the flavors other than snickerdoodle, they just weren't for me. I was not running down those juices.

What I did say is that the snickerdoodle was bad. Very, very bad. It may be a good flavor that people love, but this that I got was bad.

People say say I'm being dramatic as much as they want, but if they tried this particular juice that I have in my possession, they may change their mind.

Of course, I suppose there is the off-chance that this company is the definition of absolute perfection and everything they send out is exactly the same every time and they are incapable of mistakes and my family is just weird. That is the impression I'm getting from the replies here.

Oh and Skullfreak. Check my join date. I was vaping before I joined these forums, so before you run your mouth about going back to analogs, as if vaping might not be right for me because I got some bad juice, maybe you should realize that there is a good chance I was vaping before you even heard of it.

I was hesitant about posting this here instead of the reviews section because I knew I would get attacked by fan boys and girls that thinks their favorite company just can't mess up, but I figured KBV should know that either they have some ingredients that went bad or someone messed up. Now that it's clearly been demonstrated that KBV is perfection and the problem lies with the 3 people that tried it, 2 of whom have been vaping longer than KBV has been in business, I can now go on my merry way and leave you perfect people to order your perfect juice from your perfect company and happily vape in your perfect little world.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
What I don't understand about people is, that they bash hard working peoples businesses. Almost all of us here know taste is subjective, but I don't think negative reviews is a good way to review a juice vendor. First off, you like one of the juices, second you don't like some. You don't need to tell the world you don't like them, just trade or sell them! My main point is that yes KBV makes my favorite juice, but I don't expect it to be every ones favorite juice. If I don't like other juices form boB and Missy, I trade or sell them. I have had plenty of juices from vendors I don't prefer, but I don't feel the need to tell every one about it. I know taste is subjective, therefore I won't bash juices from any vendor. If I find a juice I like I will let people know, because If I like it I feel others may and if not I would tell them sorry, but I like it. For future reference, like my momma said, "If you don't have something nice to say "S.T.F.U."! If you don't know what that means please feel free to google it.

There's a right and wrong way of going about things. You talk about fanclubs, but truth be told had you posted you had a bad experience with a liquid most of the customers would have probably told you "maybe you should contact the vendor" or something of that nature. We go out of our way to please and respect our customers even when we don't get the same in return.

Truth is you were on a mission to hurt someone's reputation and degrade hard working people in the process. The other side to that is it never works that way, business always picks up after an apparent attack such as this, which we had hoped wouldn't happen after the week we put in last week. Combined with the fact that our employee who is like family to us, is undergoing some fearful heart tests on Wednesday. Our hope was to be able to put in extra hours and Missy be able to go with her for comfort and for direction since she recently moved here from CO and doesn't know her way to the Hospital 75 miles from here. I also have weekly appointments in an effort to repair my back which will be requiring surgery in the next few months.

I see in another post that you recently lost your Grandparents in an accident, My deepest condolences go out to you, I have never experienced tragedy such as that so I won't try to compare pain or understand yours, only offer prayers and sympathy. I did however notice this post by you:

"Instead of trying to fight that bond or stress out over it, I smoke when I want. I identify with being a "smoker". It's simply a part of who I am and a part of me I stood up for for a long time. I try to make myself smoke one per day, sometimes I forget to smoke one and sometimes during highly stressful periods I smoke more. I'm back to an average of about a pack per 3-4 weeks now, which is much better than the 3+ packs per day I did smoke, but in December my grandparents died in a car wreck and the stress of it had me once again buying cartons and smoking 3-4 packs per day."

And wish you both the best of luck in ridding yourselves of the cigs and hope you both find a liquid that aids in that quest.

God Bless

ETA We usually get the same in return and hope that didn't come across otherwise. We get daily emails from people who take the time telling us how much they love the joose and are thankful.

Last edited:

Morfeeus

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Blue Springs, MO
I think the biggest problem I had with the OP's original post was the fact that he decided to put this on the vendor's sub-forum. To me, it showed poor judgement to write a review that was so over the top dramatic and put it here. Then the OP comes back to the forum suprised that many here who not only enjoy KBV joose but also have a real affinity for boB and Missy are angry that he left such a distastefull post here. To write something like "...She doesn't want this in her house and now she looks at me with contempt as if she wishes she had never brought me into this world so that I would have not been there to have her try that one single hit of this stuff..." is just rediculously mellow dramatic. I do not speak for boB, but I would be shocked if not only does he not care if you ever order again from KBV, he probably hopes that you never do. KBV can barely keep up with current demand. And although they are always appreciative of new customers, I think they can live without customers like the OP.

Travis798

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Oklahoma
There's a right and wrong way of going about things. You talk about fanclubs, but truth be told had you posted you had a bad experience with a liquid most of the customers would have probably told you "maybe you should contact the vendor" or something of that nature. We go out of our way to please and respect our customers even when we don't get the same in return.

My point was to post that I had a bad experience with snickerdoodle. I complimented the Blueberry and simply said I can see where others would like the strawberry pie, sweet tea and ry4 but they weren't for me. Snickerdoodle was my only complaint, and although I may have went a little over the top in a bad attempt at humor with the not wanting to scare the worms off or flushing it down the toilet, the reactions I posted were exactly as they happened. I had apparently incorrectly assumed that people could distinguish the over the top attempts at lightening the mood parts from the rest of post.

Truth is you were on a mission to hurt someone's reputation and degrade hard working people in the process.

I was on no such mission. I posted here so that this thread could be moderated and deleted by you, instead of posting it in the negative reviews section where it would sit for all to see forever. The truth is I had nothing against KBV as a company until yssiM jumped in with the "everyone loves our juice, so it can't be us because we can't make mistakes" attitude. I'd like to think I've been vaping long enough to know the difference between juice I just can't stand, and actual bad juice. This is only the 2nd bottle of bad juice I have gotten in over 2 years, but it's probably the 10,000th bottle I've gotten where I just didn't care for it as much as others might.

The other side to that is it never works that way, business always picks up after an apparent attack such as this, which we had hoped wouldn't happen after the week we put in last week. Combined with the fact that our employee who is like family to us, is undergoing some fearful heart tests on Wednesday. Our hope was to be able to put in extra hours and Missy be able to go with her for comfort and for direction since she recently moved here from CO and doesn't know her way to the Hospital 75 miles from here. I also have weekly appointments in an effort to repair my back which will be requiring surgery in the next few months.

I honestly hope that the tests come back good and your business stays at a level you can maintain. However, it seems strange that even while admitting there are other things on peoples minds and you are working extended hours, you refuse to admit that any mistake could be made on your end.

I see in another post that you recently lost your Grandparents in an accident, My deepest condolences go out to you, I have never experienced tragedy such as that so I won't try to compare pain or understand yours, only offer prayers and sympathy. I did however notice this post by you:

I do appreciate that, honestly. I hope that you never have to experience such things, as it is something I wouldn't wish on anybody.

"Instead of trying to fight that bond or stress out over it, I smoke when I want. I identify with being a "smoker". It's simply a part of who I am and a part of me I stood up for for a long time. I try to make myself smoke one per day, sometimes I forget to smoke one and sometimes during highly stressful periods I smoke more. I'm back to an average of about a pack per 3-4 weeks now, which is much better than the 3+ packs per day I did smoke, but in December my grandparents died in a car wreck and the stress of it had me once again buying cartons and smoking 3-4 packs per day."

And wish you both the best of luck in ridding yourselves of the cigs and hope you both find a liquid that aids in that quest.

God Bless

I'm not sure what the point of quoting another post was here unless it was an attempt to try to point out that because I smoke a pack of cigs a month I'm not a "true vaper" and therefore don't know the difference between good and bad juice is?

While I appreciate you wishing me luck in getting off the cigs, as I stated in the post you quoted I have to actively make myself smoke a very rare cigarette. I can't stand the taste and they do nothing for me that the e-cig doesn't do. Some of the people on this site are worse than the anti's have ever been when it comes to smoking, and I take an active approach to insure I remain sympathetic to smokers and never become one of those that persecute them simply because they are doing something I don't do.

ETA We usually get the same in return and hope that didn't come across otherwise. We get daily emails from people who take the time telling us how much they love the joose and are thankful.

As I said even in my original post which you guys seem to see as complete bashing, I can see where others would like your juice so I am sure that is true. Although not my intention, it looks to me as if this thread does nothing other than demonstrate that if someone is unfortunate enough to get bad juice from you, they will immediately be blamed and slammed from all sides for saying something about it.

dotma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Spokane, WA
Well this isnt going to help my popularity any and I have never tried this particular vendor (which may be the reason i can be objective) but I thought his post was funny. It seemed pretty obvious that maybe he was taking liberties to purposely be overdramatic for the sake of humor. I dont want anybody's business to be hurt either, but geez, chill pill people.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
I agree 100%. There's a place for all ideas. This sub-forum isn't the juice review sub-forum. I think that people that want to put anything then a positive review should stay out of the vendors sub-forum with the review. A loyal KBV fanatic like me sees anything other then a positive review or review like "this juice just may not be for me", as an attack. I consider my opinion of juice flavors as my outlook. I friends on here who don't agree with me and that's okay.

BTW, Travis I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'm also sorry if my original post on here seemed like an attack on you or if this does. I just I'm defensive over a reputation of the vendor that makes my favorite juice. I think one of the most highly reviewed juices in the KBV arsenal is the Gooey Better Cake. It is my favorite and Fiddle Paddle comes in close second for me. Maybe you should try those and see if they would be a better fit for you. Good luck for your quest to get off analogs as I think we all can agree that that's the only real enemy here.
I think the biggest problem I had with the OP's original post was the fact that he decided to put this on the vendor's sub-forum. To me, it showed poor judgement to write a review that was so over the top dramatic and put it here. Then the OP comes back to the forum suprised that many here who not only enjoy KBV joose but also have a real affinity for boB and Missy are angry that he left such a distastefull post here. To write something like "...She doesn't want this in her house and now she looks at me with contempt as if she wishes she had never brought me into this world so that I would have not been there to have her try that one single hit of this stuff..." is just rediculously mellow dramatic. I do not speak for boB, but I would be shocked if not only does he not care if you ever order again from KBV, he probably hopes that you never do. KBV can barely keep up with current demand. And although they are always appreciative of new customers, I think they can live without customers like the OP.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
Very good point! I notice that my KBV juices shine best at around 7.4watts, which is lower then most other juices.
Travis just wondering what voltage did you try them at on your buzz? i have juices from KVB that taste completely different at higher voltages, but taste like heaven in a bottle at a lower voltage ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread