*warning* Long rant inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerLadyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
Garland, TX
Well this isnt going to help my popularity any and I have never tried this particular vendor (which may be the reason i can be objective) but I thought his post was funny. It seemed pretty obvious that maybe he was taking liberties to purposely be overdramatic for the sake of humor. I dont want anybody's business to be hurt either, but geez, chill pill people.

dotma,

I have to agree with your take on this. *I* got the giggles reading the post. Not for one moment did the OP's post dissuade me of one day ordering from KBV as I have heard more good than bad about their juices. But, I did giggle - a LOT - while reading the OP's original post. Perhaps the supplier forum was a poor choice to write said post, but geesh, it was funny! And I badly needed to giggle today.

Travis,

I am so very sorry for your loss. I know how terrible it is to lose loved ones unexpectedly like that. And how difficult it is to heal from those losses. In 10 months time I lost my Daddy, all four of my grand parents, my best friend that I had had since the 2nd grade, and a most beloved fur child. I honestly thought that I was going insane for awhile and at times, seriously contemplated suicide. All I can tell you, for certain, that as time passes, so does the pain. Some days, I still wake up and cry for them all - because I miss them, and I am know I will ALWAYS miss them. But, the pain and stress does get easier to cope with and to bear as time passes. I promise you, it does get better.

~Tiger

Morfeeus

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Blue Springs, MO
I'm not sure if you are aware that Missy is a co-founder of KBV(Her and her husband zbasspro). She is the main mixer and developes most of the flavors that KBV offers. Let's put it into a different perspective. Lets say that you are a chef and someone comes into your restaurant, orders a meal, and then goes off on how absolutely horrible the food was and that it wasn't fit for a dog. Do you think you, the chef, may become defensive just as Missy did? Had you either posted or pm'd that you feel that you may have gotten a bad batch of liquid, I would almost guarantee that boB and Missy would have offered to either replace it with another bottle of snickerdoodle or with another flavor of your choice. I know that I once had a bottle of stargazer that I couldnt taste and thats exactly what they offered to do for me.

...I was on no such mission. I posted here so that this thread could be moderated and deleted by you, instead of posting it in the negative reviews section where it would sit for all to see forever. The truth is I had nothing against KBV as a company until yssiM jumped in with the "everyone loves our juice, so it can't be us because we can't make mistakes" attitude. I'd like to think I've been vaping long enough to know the difference between juice I just can't stand, and actual bad juice. This is only the 2nd bottle of bad juice I have gotten in over 2 years, but it's probably the 10,000th bottle I've gotten where I just didn't care for it as much as others might.

Last edited:

kenetix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2009
Illinois
Let's put it into a different perspective. Lets say that you are a chef and someone comes into your restaurant, orders a meal, and then goes off on how absolutely horrible the food was and that it wasn't fit for a dog. Do you think you, the chef, may become defensive just as Missy did?

Not sure where you are from but those people that do that are food critics and are most of the time unannounced and write whatever they damn well please. As a matter of fact I just wrote an english paper for class that was about the horrible experience I recently had at Olive Garden that was for peer review. No one had an issue that I called out Olive Garden. People are allowed to have an opinion just as you..... The last guy who posted a juice review in the juice review section everyone climbed him good for not posting in the vendor forum to allow for response from the vendor.... damned if ya do and damned if ya don't people need to stop crying over silly stuff. OMG he said something about MY juice vendor KEEL HIM! Really people need to get over themselves

Last edited:

Travis798

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Oklahoma
Travis just wondering what voltage did you try them at on your buzz? i have juices from KVB that taste completely different at higher voltages, but taste like heaven in a bottle at a lower voltage.

I was running my Buzz at about 5 volts with a 3 ohm carto. I also tried the same carto on my Provari at 4.7. After reading this, I did try the RY4 at lower voltage and it was better, but does not provide the hit I like then. At least this advice might get me to where I can vape some of this stuff. I refuse to try the snickerdoodle again at any voltage though.

I think this guy is just trying to get some free replacement juice by saying he got a bad batch. We have all seen this movie before. I think there would be more posts from other people if there was a bad batch going around.

KBV is still one of the best juice makers around. Move on to someone else.

Paulie P.

Sorry bud, but I don't want any more juice. I already have tons of it along with orders from 3 other vendors on the way as well. If replacement juice had been offered, I would have politely declined and been happy with the response from KBV though, however they chose to jump into "immediately blame the customer for any problem at all" mode. I guess it doesn't make a difference to me, as I had no plans to get more juice from them since they seem to cater to a different type vaper.

dotma,

I have to agree with your take on this. *I* got the giggles reading the post. Not for one moment did the OP's post dissuade me of one day ordering from KBV as I have heard more good than bad about their juices. But, I did giggle - a LOT - while reading the OP's original post. Perhaps the supplier forum was a poor choice to write said post, but geesh, it was funny! And I badly needed to giggle today.

Travis,

I am so very sorry for your loss. I know how terrible it is to lose loved ones unexpectedly like that. And how difficult it is to heal from those losses. In 10 months time I lost my Daddy, all four of my grand parents, my best friend that I had had since the 2nd grade, and a most beloved fur child. I honestly thought that I was going insane for awhile and at times, seriously contemplated suicide. All I can tell you, for certain, that as time passes, so does the pain. Some days, I still wake up and cry for them all - because I miss them, and I am know I will ALWAYS miss them. But, the pain and stress does get easier to cope with and to bear as time passes. I promise you, it does get better.

~Tiger

Thanks. I'm glad some people at least saw the humor I was trying to project in the post. It was intended to be more humorous than bashing. Everyone's reaction to the juice was kind of sad yet funny, and I was trying to portray that.

I appreciate your sympathies about my Grandparents and I am sorry as well for your losses. I grew up across the street from my Grandparents and they helped raise me. I never knew my dad so my Grandpa filled that role and taught me a lot of what I know today, including some of my favorite past times of hunting and especially fishing. I will always cherish those memories I have with them, and look forward to the day it starts to get easier.

Did you steep the juice or vape it right when you got it? If you truly were stating you were unhappy and not trying to bash kbv this would be my first thought.. I have only had 1 juice go bad after it steeped not from kbv but it tasted old.

I've never let juice steep unless it's from the fact that I just bought a bunch of it and it takes a while to get to it. I have never believed that a properly mixed juice needs to steep. Personal opinion only. Many people will disagree with that however.

yssiM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
MO USA
Travis, In your OP I never read it the way you are stating it now. To me it came across that you did not like the snickerdoodle, not that you thought it was a bad batch. I admit I am human, and I do make mistakes. I am the only person who mixes for us. If you had said that you thought it was a bad bottle, I would not have reacted the same way. And yes the way you posted it was humorous to an outsider, but to me, it made me defensive.
On another note my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family for your losses.
~Missy

passerbyeus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kentucky
I personally liked the review, rant or what ever the issue was, I think people should be able to go straight to the vendor and explain the experience they have, ECF launches many vendors with the help of the the ones who come here, so why should we not tell be able to say what we think when we are the ones that keep the business going by purchasing, as stated the person liked the blueberry so more than likely they order order again if not now but down the road. I am into KBV RY4 big time and I do understand that burnt taste mentioned, moving forward, my advise would be just to try as many vendors as you can because more than likely you will come right back to KBV :vapor:

Last edited:

wingscup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2010
Michigan
Did I miss something? Missy's response to the post wasn't harsh at all. LOL! If OP can dish it out, he better be able to take it! Where was this big mean defensive response that OP is all upset about? Seriously.

I think the OP was looking to get a nasty reaction and continue in his humorous way and when he wasn't attacked that badly, jumped in with an already prepared "Look, see, everyone is bashing me!" response. Sorry fellow, go on your merry way!

Last edited:

Morfeeus

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Blue Springs, MO
Well, first of all, food critics are doing their JOB. That's is what they are PAID to do. They are paid to give their opinions and those opinions are published in whatever news media that are paid by. As far as your experience with Olive Garden, did you share your issues with the manager to give them the chance to rectify the problem. That seems to me to be the appropriate thing to do. Then, if after you have given the business the chance to fix the issue and they fail to do that, I think it would be justified in ripping them in your review. Everyone I'm sure has been dissatisfied with a business at one time or another but I feel that the business should be given an opportunity to correct any issues before you publicly berade them. This is just my $.02. After all the responses back from the OP, I can see that he meant no ill will originally against KBV.

Not sure where you are from but those people that do that are food critics and are most of the time unannounced and write whatever they damn well please. As a matter of fact I just wrote an english paper for class that was about the horrible experience I recently had at Olive Garden that was for peer review. No one had an issue that I called out Olive Garden. People are allowed to have an opinion just as you..... The last guy who posted a juice review in the juice review section everyone climbed him good for not posting in the vendor forum to allow for response from the vendor.... damned if ya do and damned if ya don't people need to stop crying over silly stuff. OMG he said something about MY juice vendor KEEL HIM! Really people need to get over themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread