WARNING: Replica eGo & eGo-T flood the market....THEY ARE NOT JOYE APPROVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAZYRKYR

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2010
USA
What I wanna know is.....if Ovale designed the "tank" system and Joye manufactured it and Ovale/Joye has an exclusivity contract with Totally Wicked and Janty for 3 months from the date of the products release, then how are other ECF approved vendors claiming to have the Ovale/Joye "tank" system? I know that even the top manufacturers (other than Joye) are all making exact replicas (knockoffs) that even come in the Joye boxes with the Janty logo on them and they even have the same instruction booklets. Some vendors are claiming they have Genuine Joye eGo-T's and others just say eGo-T without being specific as to who manufactured it. These manufacturers are also making there own brand of eGo and eGo-T style PV's that are very similar.....they all have 510 threading but they vary in things like color, mAh's, button band/thread color, power cut off times, and different end caps (USB, Cyrstal l.e.d, l.e.d color, etc.). A few of these companies who are copying Joye's product already have quality popular products just like Joye and some people like the other brands better....so why not be honest and tell everyone if its a replica or another brand.:vapor:

Check out what Frank Chur of Shenzhen Joye Technology Co., Ltd. has to say about it on one of Miss.Wicked’s posts….Here’s the link: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/totally-wicked-e-liquid/100865-warning-fake-ego-tornado.html

Last edited:

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
A few of these companies who are coping Joye's product already have quality popular products just like Joye and some people like the other brands better....so why not be honest and tell everyone if its a replica or another brand.:vapor:

Check out what Frank Chur of Shenzhen Joye Technology Co., Ltd. has to say about it on one of Miss.Wicked’s posts….Here’s the link: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/totally-wicked-e-liquid/100865-warning-fake-ego-tornado.html

Marketing.....many people are hung up on words like authentic and genuine. A well designed and built product is a well designed and built product to matter how it's branded. But many think it's a better product, are willing to pay more and and get comfort in the fact it's designated as genuine. In some cases that's true, more often than not it's strictly marketing.

Kenji

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
Ca
Hmmmmm yes and No, Yes as in if its the first gen knock offs then it could be poorly made and could ruin your battery and such. Once the knock off gets to the 2nd and 3rd gen i say you will get about the same as the original (Real eGo-T). So yea, I just went ahead and got mines from TW - just the atomizer and tank and it fits the Riva Battery rather Well. Hmmmm its something new .... I would not say its better then cartos but its different so if you got the cash and want to try then buy one. If you dont want to spend extra money and love vaping with what you got then dont get the Tank.

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
There are substandard non-Joye parts around. I always tell new users to buy Joye 510 or Ego because far too many buy random unbranded ones and some get shabbily constructed atomizers, and in some cases parts that don't even fit together. And far too many new users end up with melting carts and pieces that don't fit right. I got a 510 from TW and the carts do not fit right into the atty - about 1/8 inch too long.

BAZYRKYR

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2010
USA
There are substandard non-Joye parts around. I always tell new users to buy Joye 510 or Ego because far too many buy random unbranded ones and some get shabbily constructed atomizers, and in some cases parts that don't even fit together. And far too many new users end up with melting carts and pieces that don't fit right. I got a 510 from TW and the carts do not fit right into the atty

Sounds as if you received XL or "Mega carts for your regular 510 atty if they're about 1/8 inch too long. http://........com/6yp53bd

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Yes I think I did receive Mega carts. It was single PV 510 starter kit, all packaged together in a nice magnetic box. And my atty does not look like Joye - I think it has a skinnier less rounded bridge. And I was not impressed with the overall fit and finish - the fit of the atty to the battery leaves a small gap. That's why I tell people to buy Joye.

The same Mega cart thing happened to someone else who bought non-Joye elsewhere. And many people with random generics are having problems with melting the carts. I saw a picture of one generic 510 atty that was crooked - the bridge was irregular and shabby looking and slightly off-center.

I really don't care what experienced users want to buy but I think we should make an effort to insure new vapers get kits that fit and work right.

miriaminspringtown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
Springtown, Texas 76082
Kenji is right in that the Tank System is more costly. Many vendors online are sold out of the tank atomizers.With the economy so bad these days, most of us do not have the luxury of spending on new gadets. Vaping is supposed to be less expensive than analogs. It is so easy to get caught up in the new gadget thing and spend more money.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Seems to me the same people who are making knock off Gucci purses, shoes, watches, and everything else that is copied over in China and other countries is now battling there own war on knock off ecigs. There now having to deal with the same thing that all the original designers of product over here in the USA have been dealing with for years now. The counterfeit business is a Billion dollar a year business or more and very hard to stop, good luck trying to stop it with ecigs when they cant stop it with Rolex, Gucci and all the others.!

pnkelfntsonprade

Mar 30, 2011
USA
Hello all,

This is my first post on here. Anyway I purchased an e-go system about 2 months ago. I purchased the kit from americaneliquidstore.com. The atomizers that came with the kit lasted me about two weeks each. They are kind of expensive so I shopped around and found them at ecigsupply.com for $12.95. They seemed to work normally at first. After two days the paint began peeling off the atomizer. At 4 days it began to taste nasty. I am beginning to think the atomizers from said vendor are knockoff parts but I could be wrong. Have any of you had a problem with parts from this vendor or had similar issues with the ego-t parts from others? Your input would be most appreciated, thanks.

NJKatwoman

Feb 5, 2012
North Carolina
I just purchased what I thought was an Ego T, 900 Mah from a local vape vendor in King, NC. There were two batts, two atomizers, and five carts. It came in a black Ego T zippered hard shell case. Now this guy is telling me it is NOT an Ego T?!!!
By putting a product that is NOT the authentic Ego in a Ego case, isn't that like, false advertising or something? The batts say "smok" on them, nothing says Ego...how do I know if what he did was unlawful, unethical or not, or did I get the real deal? I'm a newbie to vaping. Recently received my Joye 510-T, and one battery died already. Worked for one day. Can't return it :( The 340 Mah died, but the smaller battery is still working. Spending a lot of money, more than if I had just purchased my analog cartons for the month, what with smoke juice, menthol crystals, and two different units. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, gang!

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
What I wanna know is.....if Ovale designed the "tank" system and Joye manufactured it and Ovale/Joye has an exclusivity contract with Totally Wicked and Janty for 3 months from the date of the products release, then how are other ECF approved vendors claiming to have the Ovale/Joye "tank" system? I know that even the top manufacturers (other than Joye) are all making exact replicas (knockoffs) that even come in the Joye boxes with the Janty logo on them and they even have the same instruction booklets. Some vendors are claiming they have Genuine Joye eGo-T's and others just say eGo-T without being specific as to who manufactured it. These manufacturers are also making there own brand of eGo and eGo-T style PV's that are very similar.....they all have 510 threading but they vary in things like color, mAh's, button band/thread color, power cut off times, and different end caps (USB, Cyrstal l.e.d, l.e.d color, etc.). A few of these companies who are copying Joye's product already have quality popular products just like Joye and some people like the other brands better....so why not be honest and tell everyone if its a replica or another brand.:vapor:

Interesting. I noticed the date of Miss Wicked's post linked above is 6/22/2010. I wonder how much worse/better/unchanged it has gotten since then? Just curious....

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places

How are they doing it? That's easy to answer. China does not believe in copyrights. It's like the LavaTube. Volcano can only sell the branded ones while other vendors just call it something else.

stephpd

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2011
Delaware
Ego's have been knocked off so much that it's hard to find 'real' Joyetech ones. That and they usually cost twice as much. From what I've seen of quality they're all about the same.

Here's the companies making Ego kits in China;
Ego-Ego Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on Alibaba.com
Literally hundreds of companies and only one is the Joyetech company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread