Warranty and Customer Service Review/Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzyqto

Sep 2, 2008
ILLINOIS
I've been esmoking for 2 months now and have dealt with three companies. PureSmoker, E-SmokeyTreats, and ElectronicCigaretteSales. I thought a review of the customer service and warranties would be informative for new users. As far as customer service goes, I have found that all 3 of these companies have excellent customer service, no complaints there. I think the warranties are where the biggest difference comes into play. I purchased the mini 901 from all 3 companies as well as the pen style, from PureSmoker and ElectronicCigarettesales. The units are are all priced the same, $50. The warranty for the mini and pen from PureSmoker is 14 days, from E-SmokeyTreats 30 days, and from ElectronicCigaretteSales 90 days. This is in part where ElectronicCigaretteSales won me over. While i got the feeling from reading the forum that these units more or less are made to be disposable, I would be very happy for mine to last 90 days, which sadly has not been the case with PureSmoker or E-SmokeyTreats units, my units from ElectronicCigarettesales are only a week old so the verdict not in on them, but there is a 90day warrany so am not worried with those units. The minis atomizers lasted 3 to 4 weeks (just after warranty ran out) and then went cold, they were not abused and cleaned, but are still cold/dead. One of the atomizers from PureSmoker died within the 2 week period and they did immediately send out a new one, though its lifespan was less than a month. batteries lasted a little longer, some dead and some still working at the 2 month mark. The pen style from PureSmoker was even worse, just a couple days after the 2 wekk warranty ran out, both the atomizer and one battery died. In my opinion, since the customer service is excellent for all 3 companies, the warranty (at least for me,) plays the biggest part in my decision where to purchase equipment. I think you can't go wrong with the 90 day warranty from ElectroniccigaretteSales. Any comments or opinions from fellow esmokers would be welcome, as stated earlier I've only been emoking for 2months and trying to find the least expensive way to go about it with the fewest hassles. Though I have not totally quit real cigarettes, I have cut way down and am happy for that. I switch between real cigarettes and ecigarettes, so none of my units get constant/non stop action.

Schroedinger's cat

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2008
North Carolina, USA
I have been e-smoking for 6 weeks. I cut way down on my real cigs (from 22 to 4), so my e-cigs get a fair lot of use. Still, not continuoius.
I bought from Puresmoker and, 4 weeks later, Janty. I agree that, in both cases, customer service is excellent. From Puresmoker, I had one atomizer come in weak (replaced), and three batteries that came in with a problem (also replaced). Still, my generic penstyle batteries are driving me nuts, because their decay is so fast, I do not know what to do... I own 7 batteries of this kind in total (4 are 6 weeks old, and 3 less than 2 weeks old), and I thought I'd be set for a few months. Yet, now the 4 weeks' old ones are barely usable (only the one replaced after 10 days is still worth taking out with me), while the others should not leave the house. The newer ones are better, but in less than two weeks have visibly decayed, too, and I can see myself having to buy new batteries in less than a month's time (if I ever want to leave the house with my e-cig, that is...). COnsidering that I rotate 7, AND use the Janty, this is way too fast.

As for Janty, I have one battery that is clearly inferior to the other two, and Jeff said he'd replace it (I told him two days ago) but I did notice a decay in the performance of the other two in the 10 days I have had them. His batteries have a 3-month warranty, so I hope that won't be too bad. But I'll be on my own after that....

The atomizers seem less of a problem to me, compared to that of the batteries. When I e-smoke I like to relax, so I don't see myself being attached to a USB (for which I should buy yet another model), but I may have to reconsider that stance, as -even discounting having gone a bit crazy on the purchases and the juice- this is going to cost me way more than actual cigs (I live in NC, where I can get 10 packs for $31). A longer warranty would certainly be more of a consideration for me, from now on....

phylo

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2008
Santa Cruz Ca.
I've been esmoking for 2 months now and have dealt with three companies. PureSmoker, E-SmokeyTreats, and ElectronicCigaretteSales. I thought a review of the customer service and warranties would be informative for new users. As far as customer service goes, I have found that all 3 of these companies have excellent customer service, no complaints there. I think the warranties are where the biggest difference comes into play. I purchased the mini 901 from all 3 companies as well as the pen style, from PureSmoker and ElectronicCigarettesales. The units are are all priced the same, $50. The warranty for the mini and pen from PureSmoker is 14 days, from E-SmokeyTreats 30 days, and from ElectronicCigaretteSales 90 days. This is in part where ElectronicCigaretteSales won me over. While i got the feeling from reading the forum that these units more or less are made to be disposable, I would be very happy for mine to last 90 days, which sadly has not been the case with PureSmoker or E-SmokeyTreats units, my units from ElectronicCigarettesales are only a week old so the verdict not in on them, but there is a 90day warrany so am not worried with those units. The minis atomizers lasted 3 to 4 weeks (just after warranty ran out) and then went cold, they were not abused and cleaned, but are still cold/dead. One of the atomizers from PureSmoker died within the 2 week period and they did immediately send out a new one, though its lifespan was less than a month. Batteries lasted a little longer, some dead and some still working at the 2 month mark. The pen style from PureSmoker was even worse, just a couple days after the 2 wekk warranty ran out, both the atomizer and one battery died. In my opinion, since the customer service is excellent for all 3 companies, the warranty (at least for me,) plays the biggest part in my decision where to purchase equipment. I think you can't go wrong with the 90 day warranty from ElectroniccigaretteSales. Any comments or opinions from fellow esmokers would be welcome, as stated earlier I've only been emoking for 2months and trying to find the least expensive way to go about it with the fewest hassles. Though I have not totally quit real cigarettes, I have cut way down and am happy for that. I switch between real cigarettes and ecigarettes, so none of my units get constant/non stop action.

Just to let you know, the 30 day thing isnt a warranty, its a satisfaction guarantee... If you don't like it you can send it back and get a full refund. The actual warranty is 6 months so if you have any faulty bits from me shoot me an email and Ill be happy to swap them out...

I know its kind of hit or miss with the current crop of e-cigs out there, but hopefully they will be improving the design, at least that is what my manufacturer is telling me.. On a side note, I have several atomizers that are still going strong after 4 months of use, some of them demo units that I take to the bars here in town so they see pretty heavy use...

Phil

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I'm based in England and have only dealt with Intellicig to date. They offer a 30 day guarantee and they honour it (as I discovered when an atomiser was a bad fit). Very fast service (normally next day) and just 99p postage! I'm very happy with them - especially as, because of their product, I now haven't smoked my analogue pipe for over 3 weeks :thumb:

suzyqto

Sep 2, 2008
ILLINOIS
Hi Phil,

Wow, thank you for clearing that up, it now seems that you have the best warranty. I will shoot you an email. As previously stated great customer service from esmokeytreats!

Just to let you know, the 30 day thing isnt a warranty, its a satisfaction guarantee... If you don't like it you can send it back and get a full refund. The actual warranty is 6 months so if you have any faulty bits from me shoot me an email and Ill be happy to swap them out...

I know its kind of hit or miss with the current crop of e-cigs out there, but hopefully they will be improving the design, at least that is what my manufacturer is telling me.. On a side note, I have several atomizers that are still going strong after 4 months of use, some of them demo units that I take to the bars here in town so they see pretty heavy use...

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread