Was Battery Issue w/ Pilot every resolved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isosage

Feb 25, 2009
Hello, I have researched this forum and find most really like the Pilot, so decided to buy that. Then read the thread about the battery cutting out and a 2 minute delay. There was never any reply (that I found) from Steve on that subject. Did that ever get resolved?
I want to get a Pilot, but I am fearful due to the several comments about problems with the batteries.
So I would greatly appreciate if Steve from PureSmoke would reply to that issues, OR if happy Pilot users can reassure me that battery problems are NOT the norm and most Pilots work fine.
Thank you very much.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Hey Iso ...

I did reply in the thread bud :) My S/N is "CaSHMeRe"

The *break/intermission* of 2 minutes is what actually comes programmed *Standard* on M401/402's. We were hoping for 10 seconds IF the cutoff of 7-8 seconds was reached. We originally had them like this in our very first preliminary shipment of samples, however, the production line did not. They kept the 7-8 second cutoff, but reverted back to the 2 minute intermission. Most ecigs come with a 5 second cutoff, however, the Pilot betters that by 2-3 seconds. So, if you think you can inhale for longer than 7-8 seconds, you best bet is to find an ecig that has zero cutoff at all ... Otherwise, you should have no issues :)

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
hey cekte ...

good question .... now that I know where the issue started (from the first production run and not the 2nd) I have some firing power ...

I will continue to *TRY* and get the 10 second shut down, but at this point, I can't guarantee anything because I have yet to see a production model with it.

So, with that said, I hate to make false promises, however, I will let everyone know more when I know more ;) I'm getting them weekly (with atleast a 2-3 order spread) so lets hope the newest ones come with a 10 second within the next couple of weeks :)

ninjapuff

Nov 28, 2008
Hello, I have researched this forum and find most really like the Pilot, so decided to buy that. Then read the thread about the battery cutting out and a 2 minute delay. There was never any reply (that I found) from Steve on that subject. Did that ever get resolved?
I want to get a Pilot, but I am fearful due to the several comments about problems with the batteries.
So I would greatly appreciate if Steve from PureSmoke would reply to that issues, OR if happy Pilot users can reassure me that battery problems are NOT the norm and most Pilots work fine.
Thank you very much.

I got my Pilot hybrid last Thursday, and everything seems to be working perfect. I hope to write up a review on it soon, but this is my first e-cig, so I'm still getting used to it. I've only hit the 8 second cutoff once, and didn't time the delay. I just tried to reach the cutoff 3 times and couldn't do it, because I just filled the cartridge with Riskee and it's putting out so much fog that I can only inhale for about 5 seconds before I go into coughing fits. It also left a noticeable cloud of vapor that looked like cigarette smoke that hung around for about 3 minutes. If you have a problem with it hitting the 2 minute delay often, you have much bigger lungs than I do, and I'm 6' 4", 275 pounds.

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
I don't have 8 second puffs either, ever.

but

the time of the puff -includes- the LED dimming time after your puff is done.

And the batteries tend to "stick" on now and then for an extra second or so. One of my batteries sticks an extra second almost every time, the other three is occasional.

With my Pilots, I find when it's COLD, and you first pick it up, it definitely needs a primer puff or two. If you don't watch the blue led VERY carefully until it's all the way off, your primer puff (with the extended time for the LED slow dim) easily leads into the main puff.

So now you have a primer puff (1) + dim (1) + puff (4) + dim(1) and bang, that's 7, and you're done for two minutes,with only a 4 second puff.

In addition, if the battery has one of those "sticky" moments that adds an extra second, then you're guaranteed a timeout...

I'm getting a lot better at timing it and watching the blue LED now, since it is damn annoying ;-)

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
You know, I've come to think that less than a 2 minute cooldown might not be such a great idea. For normal vaping I suppose it might be fine, but the switches in these batteries are SO sensitive... twice today while I was driving to work my battery turned itself on for the full eight seconds and the vaporizer got so hot I didn't want to hold it. If it was to continue to do this without the 2 minute cooldown, I think the automizer would likely melt!

ninjapuff

Nov 28, 2008
You know, I've come to think that less than a 2 minute cooldown might not be such a great idea. For normal vaping I suppose it might be fine, but the switches in these batteries are SO sensitive... twice today while I was driving to work my battery turned itself on for the full eight seconds and the vaporizer got so hot I didn't want to hold it. If it was to continue to do this without the 2 minute cooldown, I think the automizer would likely melt!

Good point. I noticed yesterday that if you just very gently blow on the LED end of the battery it switches on. Do it in front of a mirror and you can see how quickly the atomizer heats up to a bright orange. Hey, that might be a good way to burn the primer out of a new atomizer so you don't have to inhale that stuff.

Isosage

Feb 25, 2009
I don't have 8 second puffs either, ever.

but

the time of the puff -includes- the LED dimming time after your puff is done.

And the batteries tend to "stick" on now and then for an extra second or so. One of my batteries sticks an extra second almost every time, the other three is occasional.

With my Pilots, I find when it's COLD, and you first pick it up, it definitely needs a primer puff or two. If you don't watch the blue led VERY carefully until it's all the way off, your primer puff (with the extended time for the LED slow dim) easily leads into the main puff.

So now you have a primer puff (1) + dim (1) + puff (4) + dim(1) and bang, that's 7, and you're done for two minutes,with only a 4 second puff.

In addition, if the battery has one of those "sticky" moments that adds an extra second, then you're guaranteed a timeout...

I'm getting a lot better at timing it and watching the blue LED now, since it is damn annoying ;-)

This post helped me understand what the "battery issue' was that people were discussing. I mistook it for faulty batteries when what was being discussed what the length of time one could drag or puff on the e-cig, and then how long the battery would shut down for to cool off. Thanks all for the post helping a newbie like me move a bit further down this new road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread