Was I sent Bobas bounty instead of gorilla?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
Is it possible someone made a mistake and sent me Boba's Bounty instead of the Gorilla Juice? I have ordered a 30ml bottle of Gorilla juice twice now and loved it so I decided to go ahead and get the 120ml bottle. It was similar to Boba's but a little sweeter and with a hint of bananas. Now this 120ml tasted exactly like Boba's. NO BANANA!! Also it's not sweet like the last 2 30ML bottles. Unforyunately I just sold the 30ML of Boba's I bought a few days before I received my 120ML of Gorilla and my other 2 30ML bottles of Gorilla are all vaped up so I can't compare them. I really don't even like it now and can't vape it for more than a few puffs. i keep thinking I will go back and it will taste like the first 2 bottles but Nope. It tastes nothing like the last 2 bottles. What should I do? I was thinking of contacting them. Has this happened to anyone else? I know people will say tastes change but not this much in a 1 week period. LOL. I miss my Gorilla. :( I don't want to buy another bottle and get the same thing. Anyone want to trade a bit of my gorilla for a bit of yours and see if it tastes the same or send me a sample of yours and I can pay for it?

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
Karla, PM me your address and I'll send you a couple mls for free. I got it a week ago and it definitely has the banana taste. If your tastes have changed and you need more banana flavor all you have to do is get some Banana Slurry and add it to the juice you have.
Thank you so much. i would really appreciate that. I will send you a PM now. :)

Tastes change. Bobas is better after it sits ay least a month IMHO.

If it turns out to be bobas and it is 18mg, I will take it off your hands. Money in PayPal waiting to be spent ;)

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk
I knew I would get that response. LOL That seems to be what everyone says whenever someone says that their juice doesn't taste like it did the first time. Do they pay people to keep saying that. :laugh: I understand that tastes may change but how can I order 2 full 30ML bottles one right after the other in the same 6 week period and loved them both. Vaped them almost everyday and it always tasted the same and then get a 120ML bottle of the same juice and it tastes totally different? It has steeped since 4/20 too and I did not just start vaping either so it's not that my taste buds are messed up, which are usually the other responses given when people say their juice tasted different. I know in many cases that may be the case but I really don't think this time. NO OTHER juice has changed the way it tasted recently so I have to say it's defiitely the juice. Unfortunately it is 24mg not 18mg though if it does turn out to be Bobas.

I will definitely update this post when I get the Gorilla juice from base234 and compare them. Thanks for the responses. :)

Last edited:

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Howdy Karla! Always feel free to contact us via our help desk if you ever feel something is amiss with your juice. We're always happy to help or even just chat.

A mix-up with Boba's and Gorilla Juice could happen, but there is one quick check you can do to ensure it is Gorilla Juice in that bottle. Give it a whiff, if you pick up that banana top-note over the bottle then you are holding Gorilla Juice. If it has a strong Boba's Taste but smells like like it has Banana in it, then a few things can be going on.

You could be going through taste normalization, the process by which you eliminate repetitive sensory information on the tongue, this can actually happen with any sense but it is most common in sensory pick-up through taste and smell. Taking a break from the juice and trying something that is noticably different for a day will likely fix this issue.

Hardware can also create this issue, if you've changed your hardware setup (especially to a different voltage/resistance). Returning to your previous setup or altering your voltage/resistance can bring that flavor back.

However, you could be sitting there smelling it and not getting a whiff of the Banana flavorings, if this is the case we fubarred and need to get you taken care of. Send us a help desk ticket via our website and we will get you taken care of. Actually, even if it smells of Banana and you just want to change it out for another try we can do that to. In fact there are probably more solutions to your issue than you imagine, just drop us a line and we will get you taken care of.

I hope this helps!

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
Howdy Karla! Always feel free to contact us via our help desk if you ever feel something is amiss with your juice. We're always happy to help or even just chat.

A mix-up with Boba's and Gorilla Juice could happen, but there is one quick check you can do to ensure it is Gorilla Juice in that bottle. Give it a whiff, if you pick up that banana top-note over the bottle then you are holding Gorilla Juice. If it has a strong Boba's Taste but smells like like it has Banana in it, then a few things can be going on.

You could be going through taste normalization, the process by which you eliminate repetitive sensory information on the tongue, this can actually happen with any sense but it is most common in sensory pick-up through taste and smell. Taking a break from the juice and trying something that is noticably different for a day will likely fix this issue.

Hardware can also create this issue, if you've changed your hardware setup (especially to a different voltage/resistance). Returning to your previous setup or altering your voltage/resistance can bring that flavor back.

However, you could be sitting there smelling it and not getting a whiff of the Banana flavorings, if this is the case we fubarred and need to get you taken care of. Send us a help desk ticket via our website and we will get you taken care of. Actually, even if it smells of Banana and you just want to change it out for another try we can do that to. In fact there are probably more solutions to your issue than you imagine, just drop us a line and we will get you taken care of.

I hope this helps!

Ya, so I just went and smelled it. I actually believe I have Bobas. Not even a hint of banana. I had a bottle of Bobas a couple weeks ago and this "Gorilla" tastes and smells just like the Bobas did. Base234 said he was sending a couple Mls to me so I was going to wait til I got that to compare it and be absolutely sure before I said something officially but I'm pretty darn sure it's Bobas. My husband both tasted and smelled it too, and thinks it's Bobas as well. If it were just me, I would say OK, maybe it could be the taste normalization thing but no way both of us as the exact same time. LOL
As far as a hardware issue I vaped it the same exact way I vaped the last 2, 30ML bottles. I just find it hard to believe it could be my taste that changed when I have vaped 60ML all in the last 2 months or so and never had the taste change before and it was only the very next day from me vaping one to the next which makes me think it is in fact Bobas. When I get the Gorilla I will let you know for sure.
Also I have to say Thank you so much for responding. I really appreciate it and appreciate a company that has great customer service. A lot of other vendors would just say there's no way they made a mistake and it must just be me, so it's nice to see that. :)

Last edited:

victimdies

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2011
Rochester, ny
Ya, so I just went and smelled it. I actually believe I have Bobas. Not even a hint of banana. I had a bottle of Bobas a couple weeks ago and this "Gorilla" tastes and smells just like the Bobas did. Base234 said he was sending a couple Mls to me so I was going to wait til I got that to compare it and be absolutely sure before I said something officially but I'm pretty darn sure it's Bobas. My husband both tasted and smelled it too, and thinks it's Bobas as well. If it were just me, I would say OK, maybe it could be the taste normalization thing but no way both of us as the exact same time. LOL
As far as a hardware issue I vaped it the same exact way I vaped the last 2, 30ML bottles. I just find it hard to believe it could be my taste that changed when I have vaped 60ML all in the last 2 months or so and never had the taste change before and it was only the very next day from me vaping one to the next which makes me think it is in fact Bobas. When I get the Gorilla I will let you know for sure.
Also I have to say Thank you so much for responding. I really appreciate it and appreciate a company that has great customer service. A lot of other vendors would just say there's no way they made a mistake and it must just be me, so it's nice to see that. :)

Just curious did base234 ever send you some of his GJ? I am curious becasue I have had issues with GJ as well, did you taste a difference. I want order more, but am worried I am not going to get any banana flavor again.

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
I am sorry guys. I kept meaning to come back and post. Thought of it a few times and then got side tracked which is very easy to do here at ECF. So much to read. Thanks so much Base I really appreciate you sending me a sample.

I think I may have actually been sent Gorilla and not Bobas. In the Gorilla Base sent, I don't taste a heavy banana either. I have no idea what it is. Maybe there are slight variances in how much banana or I just happened to get a lot of banana in my first bottle, or it could be that maybe I got use to it and can't taste the banana. Either way, I definitely got Gorilla cause they are VERY VERY close. One idea is if you want more banana you can add a little of your own to it. That is what I have been doing. I know they make a banana slurry which I would assume is the same banana in the Gorilla and would be your best bet for getting the banana taste you are looking for. Unfortunately I don't have any of that so just used a banana I had here and it works great but I might try the banana slurry to get the exact taste. So I was wrong. :oops: Also I just started vaping another juice at around that same time I got the last bottle, and I don't want to name it since this is an AVE thread, but it is very sweet so I wonder if that would chance my perception of the Gorilla? I don't know just trying to figure it out. When I got the Gorilla the last 2 times I swear I tasted a distinct banana and now I do not, so it is just very strange to me and I would like to know what it is that accounted for the change.

I do have to say that Ave. is an awesome company. Offering to replace my bottle if they sent the wrong juice, and even if they didn't. :ohmy: I know many other vendors that would just say "We didn't make a mistake and say there are no warranties" or whatever you would call it. It's 6 am my brain is still half asleep. So thanks Porphy I am happy to us your company in the future as well as send many your way. :thumbs: and thanks to you too Base for the sample. Very nice of you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread