Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Yep that sounds like more stupid BS. They are bound and determined to stop this evil vaping stuff. I just don't get it. With so many really bad things going on why they pick on this so much. Effective right before the election so vote any politician who endorses this out to their golden parachute.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Vote against Jay Inslee:
As the Washington Legislature considers how it will fund the state’s 2016 budget,
Washington Gov. Jay Inslee is continuing his push for excessive taxes and
harmful bans. Gov. Inslee is asking that the Legislature’s budget do the
following:

• apply a 95% sales tax on all vapor product devices, components, and liquids;

• ban all online sales to WA residents;

• ban all flavors other than tobacco, mint, wintergreen, and menthol;

• ban sampling in all vape shops

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
Vote against Jay Inslee:
As the Washington Legislature considers how it will fund the state’s 2016 budget,
Washington Gov. Jay Inslee is continuing his push for excessive taxes and
harmful bans. Gov. Inslee is asking that the Legislature’s budget do the
following:

• apply a 95% sales tax on all vapor product devices, components, and liquids;

• ban all online sales to WA residents;

• ban all flavors other than tobacco, mint, wintergreen, and menthol;

• ban sampling in all vape shops
Wondering where this info came from as there isn't any tax or flavor ban in the bill that passed the house.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I would drive out of
The bill from last year was activated this term and has already passed on a floor vote of the house. Legislative summary here --> HB 1645 - 2015-16

And the amended bill here --> http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2015-16/Pdf/Amendments/House/1645-S2 AMH CODY H4425.1.pdf

Bans all internet sales, including "concentrated nicotine", meaning higher than 10mg/mL. So that addresses DIY. No taxes specified in this, but I imagine that's step two.

Hmm, so there are a few open minds in the medical research community.

For smokers the calculation is simpler, is vaping lower risk than smoking? So far it appears to be. The best evidence is 10's of millions of vapers around the world, years of experience, no reports of doctors treating illnesses caused by using ecigs. That is not the same thing as zero risk. I think my lungs would be a little clearer if I weren't vaping (but I was starting to cough far too much as a smoker). I doubt the irritation from vaping has health consequences for me, but still, there are some consequences and some risk, however slight. Another way to look at it, if you simply must have something in your life that's a total waste of time socializing with vapers is far preferable to socializing with drinkers.

If you decide to vape, avoid nicotine. That way, if the government cracks down, if the vapocalypse comes, you won't be worried about the nic supply. It will also be impossible to tax you because PG, VG, and food flavorings are ubiquitous.
I read the bill. Most all the cigarettes available on the market are sold on just about every street corner in America. Not true of vaping stuff. No state sized area has a fraction of the vape shops as cigarette sellers so banning mail order would make vaping stuff unobtainable for many people.

Another important thing the bill proposes to do is criminalize possession by minors. There is probably an existing law banning possession of tobacco cigarettes by kids, and as we know, such laws are never ever enforced. If the police enforce an ecig ban without enforcing a tobacco ban the drug dealer appearance becomes loud and clear and that will encourage kids to smoke instead of vape.

The governor is not a complicated guy, he just wants money. He doesn't care how it is collected or from who or who gets hurt. His ecig proposal might be an expendable bargaining chip. He'll give on that if he gets his money some other way. The bill has nothing to do with public health and would make it worse, not better and the governor knows that and he doesn't give a damn.

The ban on nic concentrate is interesting. I bet the online nic vendors are getting a LOT of orders from Washington state right about now. Now that the drug dealers can't make money selling illegal herb in Washington why not illegal nic?

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I would drive out of

I read the bill. Most all the cigarettes available on the market are sold on just about every street corner in America. Not true of vaping stuff. No state sized area has a fraction of the vape shops as cigarette sellers so banning mail order would make vaping stuff unobtainable for many people.

Another important thing the bill proposes to do is criminalize possession by minors. There is probably an existing law banning possession of tobacco cigarettes by kids, and as we know, such laws are never ever enforced. If the police enforce an ecig ban without enforcing a tobacco ban the drug dealer appearance becomes loud and clear and that will encourage kids to smoke instead of vape.

The governor is not a complicated guy, he just wants money. He doesn't care how it is collected or from who or who gets hurt. His ecig proposal might be an expendable bargaining chip. He'll give on that if he gets his money some other way. The bill has nothing to do with public health and would make it worse, not better and the governor knows that and he doesn't give a damn.

The ban on nic concentrate is interesting. I bet the online nic vendors are getting a LOT of orders from Washington state right about now. Now that the drug dealers can't make money selling illegal herb in Washington why not illegal nic?
You better believe the nic vendors are getting tons of orders. I heard that MFS won't even sell any 200mg just 100mg but I know people who have several liters of it. Enough for several lifetimes. I only use 3mg so I don't need so much but I only use Temp Controlled vaping so getting enough equipment is a little more expensive. I don't want to have to go back to Kanthal but I would if I had to. Seems like I've been through this stockpiling crap too many times but at least it makes people better prepared. The problem lies in the people who don't do it yet but figure out it is a great way to quit smoking and much more healthful then smoking won't have any choice except whats offered by BT and BP
But, but we have to think of all the kids we are saving, YEAH RIGHT. Kids don't have that kind of money, but its cheaper then smoking, not if you like the better things that are available. I have about 2K invested in equipment.

2buildawall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bellingham
This is the exact reason James Thompson packed up Mt Baker Vapor and moved to AZ. 120 jobs gone in a flash out of Whatcom County.

I am surprised vape products have lasted this long. The dems will keep at this until it passes, all of it. I say dems because the vote on vaping has been along party lines. The LCB or whatever it is now
needs something to do. They do not know what to do with the other legal stuff yet.

My local reps Buys and Van Werven have voted against HB 1645 in all of its forms and incarnations. By the time it does pass it will have had five votes and who knows how many revisions. What a waste of taxpayer time and money for so little return.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Hard to understand. Used to be social liberals fought back tooth and nail against any government imperative to normalize behavior. Now it seems to be in fashion for progressives. Strike that, regressives. Me, I'm a libertarian. I say live and let live. A rebel, all my life. Can't see anyone gaining in the long run from messin' with other people's business.

Good luck all.

:)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
So, what will they do...stop people at the state lines and check their vehicles for vaping stuff bought elsewhere & being brought into the state? Don't get me wrong, I think that bill stinks, but...seems to me, where there's a will there's a way to get what you want/need for vaping. Crossing state lines to buy it, having friends out of state bring it to you to ship it to you, buying things ahead of time and stashing it, etc., etc. It will ban "sales" of vaping stuff...well, how about trading for it, bartering, etc.?

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
JC we got a similar problem in FL. By some measure worse as it would criminalize possession in any "smoke free" safe-zone. Check out the posts on the thread...Florida HB 1143 ? The shameless audacity of these people to blatantly infer the equivalency of vaping and "combustion". They care nothing about language and so nothing at all about lawfulness. What troubles me is the certainty with which they're proceeding. As if, they have nothing to worry about. We're cellophane.

Good luck. :|

shoreline

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 30, 2013
Virginia
www.flavorah.com
Here are the numbers, if your senator is on there, call them. From WA Senate Health Care Subcommittee: Health Care Committee Members & Staff

Committee Members
Senator Room Phone
Becker, Randi (R)
Chair 110 Irv Newhouse Building (360) 786-7602
Dammeier, Bruce (R)
Vice Chair 205 Irv Newhouse Building (360) 786-7648
Cleveland, Annette (D)
Ranking Minority Member 220 John A. Cherberg Building (360) 786-7696
Angel, Jan (R) 203 Irv Newhouse Building (360) 786-7650
Bailey, Barbara (R) 109B Irv Newhouse Building (360) 786-7618
Baumgartner, Michael (R) 404 Legislative Building (360) 786-7610
Brown, Sharon (R) 202 Irv Newhouse Building (360) 786-7614