Wasting Juice Experimenting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
:confused:I have gone through soo much PG VG and nic juice mixing flavors and experimenting only to find 3 really good flaves. Does anyone out ther have a good method of testing flavors sparingly?
Use just plain VG or PG for your experimenting, use only a very small sampling, 3-5 ml. Should cut down on the waste. Use your nic juice to make a 'real' batch!

VaporLasVegas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Las Vegas
Use just plain VG or PG for your experimenting, use only a very small sampling, 3-5 ml. Should cut down on the waste. Use your nic juice to make a 'real' batch!
That is a good Idea. Do you think that not adding the nic juice would actually change the flavor? I know it says unflavored. But I have heard adding higher dosages of nicotine will change the flavor.???

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
As far as the flavor is concerned, I have not personally tasted a noticable difference in flavor in the strength liquids that I mix, where I can say for sure this one "tastes" like it has more nicotine than another. My range is generally between 8-20mg (flavored), and I have vaped unflavored 24mg all by itself to test the strength.

The unflavored to me tastes extremely bland, I can't really put any particular flavor on it whatsoever.

Mixing without nic liquid is the cheapest way that you're going to experiement, as was suggested by Kate51.

Keep in mind your e-liquid may contain a certain % of Glycerol in it, which is not PG, so there may be a slight flavor change when you actually mix your "real" batch. You can supplement that % of the "fake nic-liquid" with VG and you should get similar results. If you are inclined to go that far with it :)

Best of luck, let us know how it goes!

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
I agree there is no disernable differance in taste from nic vs non nic PG, however VG does tend to mask/subdue the flavor.

But on only using PG/VG as the cheapest route to test I would have to disagree! I use 10ml of water and a teaspoon of surgar and add flavors to taste test. If it taste like crap it will vape like crap, LOL then in the sink it goes. If it taste good, the a small batch is made using 1ml of PG cutting down the recipe and doing a test vape. If that is good I make a full batch and adjust as necassary, since if you add VG you will have to add a bit more flavoring. It all depends on how much VG is added.
Hope this helps you in saving you PG/VG and nic juice.
Dan

Last edited:

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I agree there is no disernable differance in taste from nic vs non nic PG, however VG does tend to mask/subdue the flavor.

But on only using PG/VG as the cheapest route to test I would have to disagree! I use 10ml of water and a teaspoon of surgar and add flavors to taste test. If it taste like crap it will vape like crap, LOL then in the sink it goes. If it taste good, the a small batch is made using 1ml of PG cutting down the recipe and doing a test vape. If that is good I make a full batch and adjust as necassary, since if you add VG you will have to add a bit more flavoring. It all depends on how much VG is added.
Dan

You're right about that Scubabatdan, water would sure be cheaper! But I'm not sure it would be the same as mixing a drip into VG for a cartful. Sometimes the taste is very gross, but vaping is a whole 'nother thing. I would say vapor versus smell would be more of a subjective test. If it smells good it probably will vape well. I have juice that will curl your toenails if you get it on your tongue, but tastes great in vapor.

VaporLasVegas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Las Vegas

Dan
Dan thank you for this! That is what I was looking for. I would also like to personaly thank you for the E-juice calculator 6, without it I would be totaly lost. I am sure I will save alot more pg vg and nic with your method not to mention time!:D

CentroniX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
Austin, TX
Personally, I only make 1ml at a time when trying new flavors, which is enough to fill one 801 cart. 1ml is roughly 20 drops with an eyedropper, so 10-12 drops of 36mg juice, 3-5 drops of flavor, 3-5 drops of VG. I don't feel too bad about wasting .5ml of juice, and if I like the flavor I can mix up 3-5ml to vape on for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread