Water based cinnamon? (No oil)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimwantstoquit

Aug 15, 2010
Florida
Does anyone know a place that sells water based cinnamon (No oil) e Liquid? I quit Analogs 8 years this month , but I guess the cinnamon is taking a toll on my lungs ... I have tried 50+ flavors but cinnamon is the only flavor that will keep me from going back.. last year I read if you jump the vg higher ( I was doing a 20 and I jumped it to 40), I wouldn’t cough as bad.. Not true for me.. the past several months I’ve had terrible mucus, so much it’s hard to talk and people can barely hear me.. I don’t know if it is from the oil or the VG (or both).. I have looked for weeks trying to find a place that sells the cinnamon without oil.. if anyone knows, pleaseeee share
Thanks soooo much

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
By oil you mean cinnamaldehyde? If you're thinking a problem vaping oils that is lipid pneumonia, it's not that kind of oil and that would be pneumonia not an irritation.
Cinnamaldehyde is an irritant whether it's a natural oil or not. I don't think there is any way around it. I'm imagining you chain vaping nothing but the strongest cinnamon flavors and it's caught up with you.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Cinnamon concentrates are just rough ingredients period. They can crack plastic tanks, and eat o-rings. It is no surprise that they can also be a lung tissue irritant as well. Especially, with extended/chronic use.

I am afraid, that I DIY my own e-liquid, so I don't have any commercial recommendations for you. I am also not much of a cinnamon fan.

That disclosed; I too have had issues with chest congestion, phlegm, and morning coughing, that was reminiscent, of smoking. This all after exclusively vaping for 3+ years.

I am not medically trained in any fashion; and I am not recommending health advise to anyone. But, this is what I tried; and it has helped me:

----- First, I have read repeated comments that VG (not PG) was a contributor to the "heavy chest" sensation, and may contribute to the phlegm factor. I was routinely vaping 30PG/70VG to 20PG/80VG mixes. I decided to reduce the VG. I tried a 60PG/40VG; but it was much too harsh for me. Then I tried 50PG/50VG... still too harsh, but not as bad. So I tried a 40PG/60VG; and found this I could do.

I vaped this new ratio for a couple of months, and decided this change helped a little bit, but not enough.

----- Next; I looked at how much e-liquid I was vaping every day. I was regularly going through 10-15mL of liquid each and every day. I was vaping at 6mg/mL nicotine strength, and using larger dual coil, DTL, cloud checking, types of set-ups; taking deep fill-up-the-lungs type puffs.

I figured it would likely be helpful to reduce the amount of vapor I was exposing my body to; so I decided to try increasing my nicotine level, and thereby reduce my need for as much vapor, and (hopefully) not vape as often.

With that thinking, I bumped my nicotine from 6mg/mL to 18mg/mL. Almost immediately, I found that I could not vape as much/often as I had with the lower nicotine level... my body was self regulating. I couldn't even draw in as deeply, as the vape was now more harsh, and the nicotine sensation was unpleasant. My usage (as expected) dropped by two thirds. Hooray!

I vaped this for a couple of months; and I felt less of the congestion, phlegm, and coughing, than I had previously. The only downside, is my flavor now suffered. With the shallower inhales, I was not getting the taste, that I had before. I was also still drawing the vapor deeper into my lungs than I wanted.

----- So, now I decided, it was time to change up my hardware. I wanted to return to a tight drawing MTL style of tank... preferably one using a single coil. I wanted something that would closely replicate the restricted inhale of a cigarette filter. My logic being; inhale using the cheeks initially, followed by a more shallow/natural secondary inhale on into the lungs, would be less likely to encourage the deeper direct-into-the-lungs inhaling of the DTL tanks.

I researched tank options that met my criteria (restricted draw, good flavor, single coil, easy to build), and picked one.

This was the final piece to the puzzle. Now I was vaping less VG, consuming less vapor/e-liquid, and had flavor I enjoy. My daily consumption is now down to 2mL/day or less. All the heavy chest issues I had; no longer bother me.

I don't know it this would work for anyone else. I only share my experience, to encourage ideas, and maybe get someone thinking outside the box.

Unrelated... one other "revelation," for me, was discovering I don't mind vaping unflavored e-liquid (just PG, VG, and nicotine; at my usual 40PG/60VG 18mg/mL mixture). It doesn't have any particular "wow" factor to it; but I don't grow tired of it. I don't ever suffer the dreaded "vapers' tongue." And, I still satisfy my nic cravings. Flavored e-liquids, are now more of a "treat" experience for me. Such as, at the end of the day.

I have no idea how much of this is merely in my head; and I really don't care. It works for me.:thumb:

I wish you all the best, @kimwantstoquit; in finding the solution that works best for you. :D:toast::D

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Does anyone know a place that sells water based cinnamon (No oil) e Liquid? I quit Analogs 8 years this month , but I guess the cinnamon is taking a toll on my lungs ... I have tried 50+ flavors but cinnamon is the only flavor that will keep me from going back.. last year I read if you jump the vg higher ( I was doing a 20 and I jumped it to 40), I wouldn’t cough as bad.. Not true for me.. the past several months I’ve had terrible mucus, so much it’s hard to talk and people can barely hear me.. I don’t know if it is from the oil or the VG (or both).. I have looked for weeks trying to find a place that sells the cinnamon without oil.. if anyone knows, pleaseeee share
Thanks soooo much
Here you go

Perfumers Apprentice - Cinnamon Flavor **

:)

eta sorry this is the flavoring not eliquid, but you could ask your vendor of choice to mix you up some using the TFA(link above) cinnamon flavor...OR you could learn to diy and make it yourself

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I don't know of any water based flavors that can be used in a vape device. Water doesn't vaporize well at the temperatures that our vape devices use. All vape e-liquid uses some ratio of Pg (propylene glycol) and Vg (vegetable glycerin) as its base. Neither are technically "oils".

I use a cinnamon flavor on a daily basis. Well, more of a cinnamon roll flavor. This is a "spicey" cinnamon, not the candy "red hot" cinnamon. Spring Vapor's Coffee Cake. 100% VG Coffee Cake eLiquid - Spring Vapor I've been using this flavor daily for at least a year. I've not noticed any issues.

There have been some studies that suggest that vaping cinnamon flavors may have an element of danger to one's health. However, the results of these studies have be rebuked because of poor testing methods.
E-cigarette flavourings damage the lungs - cinnamon vape juice ...
Cinnamon-Flavored E-Cigs May Bring Lung Dangers - WebMD
Scientists Identify 3 Very Toxic Vape Juice Flavors | Inverse
E-cigarette flavors found to be toxic - Medical News Today

Last edited:
  • Useful

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I don't know of any water based flavors that can be used in a vape device. Water doesn't vaporize well at the temperatures that our vape devices use. All vape e-liquid uses some ratio of Pg (propylene glycol) and Vg (vegetable glycerin) as its base. Neither are technically "oils".

I use a cinnamon flavor on a daily basis. Well, more of a cinnamon roll flavor. This is a "spicey" cinnamon, not the candy "red hot" cinnamon. Spring Vapor's Coffee Cake. 100% VG Coffee Cake eLiquid - Spring Vapor I've been using this flavor daily for at least a year. I've not noticed any issues.

There have been some studies that suggest that vaping cinnamon flavors may have an element of danger to one's health. However, the results of these studies have be rebuked because of poor testing methods.
E-cigarette flavourings damage the lungs - cinnamon vape juice ...
Cinnamon-Flavored E-Cigs May Bring Lung Dangers - WebMD
Scientists Identify 3 Very Toxic Vape Juice Flavors | Inverse
E-cigarette flavors found to be toxic - Medical News Today

If your having no probs with it, thats a good thing. Its also a flavor i dont particularly like in my vape, but thats just me.

kimwantstoquit

Aug 15, 2010
Florida
Thank you for the ideas.. I had read that the artificial cinnamon flavoring (as opposed to non water soluble cinnamon essential oil) is better for you.. I guess I’m trying to find a cinnamon with No cinnamaldehyde (if that’s possible).. I heard sweet vapes snickerdoodle was water based cinnamon but when I went to their site it looks like they don’t sell eliquid ☹️.. if anyone has more thoughts....

• Optimistic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread