Watkins Pure Lemon extract and a few others

Status
Not open for further replies.

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Treasure Coast Florida =)
My Hubby was trying to be nice and came home with a few things from Walmart for me as he knows I wanted to try some of these recipe's.
I am not sure of 2 of them so I thought I would ask

Watkins pure lemon extract:

Alcohol(57%)
Propylene glycol
oil of lemon, yellow 5
The OIL is a No No isn't it?
Has anyone tried to use this?
With all the alcohol should I simmer and try to burn off some alcohol?

Tone's Raspberry
water
PG
Alcohol
extractives of rasberry
citric acid (is citric acid OK?
natural flavor
Called rep and they said NO SUGAR in this one

I do have lemon rinds soaking in vodka for past 2 months, to make my Limonchello recipe, I do want to try using this, some unflavored 36mg, and vg.. I ordered PG from local Walgreens but it wont be in till tomorrow. I will wait to make this one.
He also came home with Rootbeer (lots of caramel, corn syrup and looks like sticky things I am afraid to maess with although I want to try root beer soo bad)
and Vanilla, the Vanilla has corn syrup after Alcohol at 35%, i rubbed between my fingers and nothing is stick at all.
Do you think it can be used?
Thanks and sorry so many ?'s!

Coombs

May 12, 2009
Van Isle, Canada
Disclaimer: I know not of which I speak, lol

Put a small amount in a (CLEAN) spoon and heat it until all the liquid has evaporated,
If there is a good amount of residue left in the spoon, dont use it as that residue will also be left on your atty. Mix your liquid FIRST though, A small amount.
Because using straight flavor WILL leave much more residue than what would be mixed in your E-juice.
I'd recommend also trying this with the juice you are already using to see what the difference is between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread