• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Way to GO CANADA !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
Congratulations to Team Canada. You deserved it.
And may I also add, Vancouver is stunningly beautiful. Your city shined. You have much to be proud of.
Now, WE get Sidney back in Pittsburgh!!! He is awesome all the time, both on and off the ice.

That's ok, we're done with him.

*giggle*

:D:D

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
That's ok, we're done with him.

*giggle*

:D:D

You know, he lives about 20 minutes from me with Mario Lemieux, another Canadian SUPER star. Mario has been his mentor, and Sidney, I think, is the epitome of a true athlete on and off the field. I feel the same way about Mario. We are a lucky city down here!!

BARENETTED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
NEW JERSEY, USA
CONGRATS to our Northern Neighbors!

It was a beautiful Olympics. Great Job!:thumb:

I am sad it is over but (a little glad) since now I can get to bed at my normal time and get things done around here! Besides, I can't take seeing another sled crash on the 50/50! OMG!

So many wonderful stories and so many sad ones too. You have got to hand it to every one of these athletes who have given up their lives to train night and day. My fav - your Joannie - that girl has heart and spirit. I cried my eyes out while watching her. :thumb: The one exception was the Russian Figure Skater who spewed his sour grapes all over the world. :mad:

As I am typing, the closing ceremonies are on and once again I am listening to Oh Canada. I am getting to know it pretty well! I kind of like it! It is my favorite after my beloved Star Spangled Banner. ;)

PaulaLynn

ECF Veteran
You know, he lives about 20 minutes from me with Mario Lemieux, another Canadian SUPER star. Mario has been his mentor, and Sidney, I think, is the epitome of a true athlete on and off the field. I feel the same way about Mario. We are a lucky city down here!!

I will tell you, living in Cole Harbour I am the biggest SID the KID fan and GO PENS GO... lets see the cup go through the streets of town again this year. I am sooooo jealous of you. I have been trying to get my hubby to get me tickets to the PENS stanley cup game in Pitsburg since he joined the team. I absolutly love the fact that he won yesterdays game for us! I couldn't be happier.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
I will tell you, living in Cole Harbour I am the biggest SID the KID fan and GO PENS GO... lets see the cup go through the streets of town again this year. I am sooooo jealous of you. I have been trying to get my hubby to get me tickets to the PENS stanley cup game in Pitsburg since he joined the team. I absolutly love the fact that he won yesterdays game for us! I couldn't be happier.

This city ADORES him. He does so much for the kids, too. He gives of himself all the time. I had an awful time with who to root for, but then, I figured I would be happy either way. Sid sealed the deal for Canada and just made Pittsburgh that much prouder of him. Not sure that was possible. And he is SO humble.

TheRealZero

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Sportin' my Penguins Jacket out of respect for Sid the Kid today, underneath which I'm wear the only Canada jersey I own (shameful i know) that I recently got form a case of Molson Canadian. I figure that's good enough until I buy a Team Canada Crosby jersey haha.

Go Canada Go! Big respects to the USA team they're one tough opponent. Couldn't have asked for a more exciting, fairly officiated game with a fitting ending.

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
We do also have to share this victory with the USA hockey team though....had we lost, it would have been an admirable game nonetheless.

The USA hockey team played with such a level of class and teamwork that really showcased what the idea of these games was supposed to be about from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread