Not open for further replies.

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
Same doc from the main CBS report - Whiteson, "you can become addicted to nicotine with the first hit...We do not know what other chemicals are in there, we do not know the health consequences ..." Includes video.

Lawmakers Look To Ban Controversial 'E-Cigarette' - wcbstv.com

Mar 25, 2009 8:27 pm US/Eastern

Lawmakers Look To Ban Controversial 'E-Cigarette'

Vendors Claim New Electronic Cigarettes Are Safer Than The Real Thing
FDA, Doctors, Lawmakers All Feel Otherwise

dEFinitionofEPIC

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
NJ
*sigh*

My timing is terrible. I've invested hundreds into my starter package, spare parts, liquid, and cartridges. Now this? I'm starting to regret I ever attempted to invest in vaping. Still don't have my stuff yet. Things are looking grim.

Anyone have ANY good news???

Look for posts from Lacy Underall. She's an optimist. :D Me.....I'm a realist. No, it doesn't look good.

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
Quickly ,(35 minutes left) go to whitehouse.gov and respectfully, politely, ask the president to not take these away from us. He was given one. Ask him if he's using his and tell him how much we depend on them.
I'vve only been vaping since Monday and already cut down from 3 packs a day to one.
Beg for his help.
(And Hi! My first post)

Stike

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
B.MASS
*sigh*

My timing is terrible. I've invested hundreds into my starter package, spare parts, liquid, and cartridges. Now this? I'm starting to regret I ever attempted to invest in vaping. Still don't have my stuff yet. Things are looking grim.

Enjoy while you have them all we can do is live in the day.Don't worry you will always be able to get stock somewhere(even if band).If they get you off real butts its not a waste.

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
Lawmakers Look To Ban Controversial 'E-Cigarette'

I love the Headline...and that it forgot to touch base about it in the article.

Honestly, it is the same story over and over again and it's been that way for the past two months.

And I hate thesafecig...wasn't that interview done in Feb?...

Last edited:

Ramblin

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Columbia, Missouri
What are we are up against? Pharmaceutical companies, tobacco companies, governments at city, state and federal levels who could lose their tax revenue stream from tobacco taxes and sales taxes.

Quite the imposing group of foes.

(I almost forgot about the people who hate with a white hot passion anything that is related to analog cigarettes and the nanny statists who want to make sure no one is enjoying themselves.)

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Look for posts from Lacy Underall. She's an optimist. :D Me.....I'm a realist. No, it doesn't look good.

We are all screwed!

JUST KIDDING! ;)

Seriously though, we are going to see articles like this and guess what? Smokers are not fooled! One of the best things happening right now is that thousands of Americans are trying the ecig and LOVING it.

And here is question to ask all of the poopooers:

If the tobacco companies released a new cigarette that removed all of the formaldehyde and arsenic in it, would it be deemed a "safer cigarette"? Absolutely it would.

We all know that Dr. Whiteson did not do his homework and to say I am surprised this reporter simply regurgitated at least 4 other articles, well I am not surprised. (And for newbees here... he did not do his homework at all. Came out and said some very un-scientifically backed up statements.)

Plus, does anyone remember their first can of soda? It was fantastic. How old were you? I was well under the age of 10. It took me nearly 20 years to get off of the caffeine and I still HAVE to have it to wake up in the morning.

Demonizing nicotine is easy because the delivery has been extremely evil :evil:. Demonizing caffeine is not so easy because more Americans are addicted to caffeine than any other drug on the market, and that includes nicotine! http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcvrgcck_31f47qvs9p 85% of Americans are users of caffeine! WOW!

Calaban

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Newmarket, NH USA

lol you are far from being a realist. No offense...it's just an observation, but your posts seem cynical and pessimistic if anything.

I agree that things don't look good right now, but I am hopeful.

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
*sigh*

There are a lot of wannabe Cassandras around at the moment. I'm not going to worry overmuch because enough voices are speaking up on both sides to make long delays before anything happens a real possibility.

The good news is that the increased scrutiny is already getting suppliers to improve their practices by doing such things as removing unproven claims, adding "childproof" caps to liquids, publishing contents of the liquids, etc.

We are all screwed!

JUST KIDDING! ;)

Seriously though, we are going to see articles like this and guess what? Smokers are not fooled! One of the best things happening right now is that thousands of Americans are trying the ecig and LOVING it.

(Sorry, snipped the rest)

There have been several people here at my day job that I have told about the e-cig. I've even took a puff or two while I explained how it worked, the ups and the downs about it. They've always said the same thing: well, I may look into in a week or so. I tell them fine, here. Take a starter kit. I have a 14 day refund policy anyway. If you don't like it, then just give it back. If you do, then pay me when you can.
Every single one (about a dozen) has handed me the purchase price for the starter kit the very next day. It mimics smoking enough where they no longer need to buy traditional cigarettes.

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
There have been several people here at my day job that I have told about the e-cig. I've even took a puff or two while I explained how it worked, the ups and the downs about it. They've always said the same thing: well, I may look into in a week or so. I tell them fine, here. Take a starter kit. I have a 14 day refund policy anyway. If you don't like it, then just give it back. If you do, then pay me when you can.
Every single one (about a dozen) has handed me the purchase price for the starter kit the very next day. It mimics smoking enough where they no longer need to buy traditional cigarettes.

We have a less than .5% return rate over two years! And I sell the crap out of no nicotine solutions so it isn't the nicotine people are after... ok for some it is... but it IS the action. Oh and PS to all suppliers: ALWAYS carry the no nicotine! No matter what! It proves that these devices ARE personal vaporizers and can be used for more than one thing. Bottom line... take out the nicotine and the rest of the liquid is not a drug. Period.

Wow Lacey --giving everyone a scare today. Reading a line from you that starts out "we are all screwed!" gave me the jitterys there for a second till I read more!!! lol. When you say that and mean it--then I know it is really over----Sun

he he... I am in a silly silly mood today :) Thought that would spark you up a bit! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread