We Don't Need No Stinkin Wool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
So, I accidentally peeled off the metal wool on one of my 901 atomizers. Figuring no sense in chucking it, I tried using it like I usually do. So far, nothing as changed outside of a slight difference in the flavor, but I could be going mad. On the positive side, I don't have to worry about getting fibers caught in it anymore...

Any thoughts on this?

EDIT: I found that this thing is PERFECT for dripping!

Last edited:
I believe the wool is only there to "Leach" and hold the liquid as well as to protect the coil some.
I think you may be more likely to run it dry without it, but it should work fine.
It may shorten the life of it some, now your cart stuffing, Can, come closer to contact with the coils, instead of just hitting the Wool.
As long as it Vapes? Use it :D

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
drawn in air is pulled thru the wet wire wool.. it moves thru the wet wire wool into the little atomizer pot.. as it does so it pulls liquid along with it into the pot..

so yes i think we need the wire wool.. its wire to stop it burning by the way.. but all it basically does is hold liquid..

its not stinking and it dosnt so any harm.. the liquid isnt going to make the trip from cart wool to the atomizer without it.. direct dripping into the atomizer pot very carefully might work..

trog

edisme518123

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2008
Daytona Beach, Florida (USA)
Trog, Dr. Fell is using an anecdote from a famous movie, Blazing Saddles.

"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

I doubt he actually means that the wool is stinking.

:p

FYI: Blazing Saddles was actually doing a spoof of Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948) where this quote was originally used.
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948) - Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Blazing Saddles (1974) - Blazing Saddles

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida

clarke187

Oct 21, 2008
Va, USA
actually that was a misquote from the bogart movie, it actually goes..

Bogart: 'If you're the police where are your badges?'
Gold Hat: 'Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!'

Trog, Dr. Fell is using an anecdote from a famous movie, Blazing Saddles.

"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

I doubt he actually means that the wool is stinking.

:p

FYI: Blazing Saddles was actually doing a spoof of Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948) where this quote was originally used.
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948) - Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Blazing Saddles (1974) - Blazing Saddles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread