We need nation-wide protests against the flavor ban!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

V8porism

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
The news of a looming flavor ban is sickening! As an adult former smoker who used ecigs to liberate myself from cigarettes, I am appalled!

It is not my fault that kids are vaping flavors and nicotine intended for adults.
It is not my fault that people are vaping dangerous chemicals in THC mixes.
It is not my fault that people who lack knowledge about vaping consider it on par with smoking.

Parents need to own up to monitoring their own kids! These teens would be smoking cigarettes if they weren't vaping- just as they were doing before vaping came along. Teen smoking numbers are down because of vaping. It is this teenage generation's alternative to cigarettes. This should be part of our national conjecture on the topic!!!

We (legitimate adult users of vaping supplies) need to stand up for ourselves!!! There are millions of us.

Let us be heard!

We need to stand together and protest around our country on the same days/times to have our voices heard.

I say we all go to our local city halls and/or right outside of our workplaces near smoking areas on the same day/time with signs of protest to demand that our opinions be heard.

I also say that we compile lists of pro-vaping and anti-vaping elected representatives so that we may be able to vote our haters out of office!!!

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Kids are vaping. It is illegal for them to buy vaping gear/supplies, So why is no one screaming for the heads of the people actually supplying the kids? That is where the real breakdown in under age vaping occurs.

We don't see calls for the removal of flavored vodka do we? They went after those selling to minors. The whole thing has been a witch hunt from the beginning. The recent illnesses were just an excuse that could be spun to do us in and maybe garner some votes in 2020.

V8porism

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Kids are vaping. It is illegal for them to buy vaping gear/supplies, So why is no one screaming for the heads of the people actually supplying the kids? That is where the real breakdown in under age vaping occurs.

We don't see calls for the removal of flavored vodka do we? They went after those selling to minors. The whole thing has been a witch hunt from the beginning. The recent illnesses were just an excuse that could be spun to do us in and maybe garner some votes in 2020.

I'll say Amen to that!!!

We should compare it to alcohol. Drink moonshine and you run the risk of getting extremely ill. Drink as a teen and you may have many serious heath issues. Drink too much and you will go to a hospital!!!

Same thing with vaping. Chemical abuse is what it is. That is why only adults are intended to use discretion on personal use.

Still-
We need to protest.

We are giving tacit consent to bans if we stay quiet by not protesting.

Politicians don't care about our rants on forums like this. They do care about massive outpourings on given topics in the form of protests.

We need to stand up and speak up!!!

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA

I think more votes will be lost. If all the USA vapers declined to vote for Trump, he'd lose re-election.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
V8porism, hello. I'm old school and this reminds me of a documentary called "Berkeley In The Sixties" (PBS, point of view)
I understand your enthusiasm, and I'll stand with you (literally, in protest) but the times have changed. Good luck getting people to wake up... they are victims of "social engineering". The flavor ban makes no sense at all... I agree, and I hope you do get people motivated to stand up and fight. Peace out, Vape on.

brad-man

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2019
So Florida
I'll say Amen to that!!!

We should compare it to alcohol. Drink moonshine and you run the risk of getting extremely ill. Drink as a teen and you may have many serious heath issues. Drink too much and you will go to a hospital!!!

Same thing with vaping. Chemical abuse is what it is. That is why only adults are intended to use discretion on personal use.

Still-
We need to protest.

We are giving tacit consent to bans if we stay quiet by not protesting.

Politicians don't care about our rants on forums like this. They do care about massive outpourings on given topics in the form of protests.

We need to stand up and speak up!!!

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Prohibition 2020.

Generations of Kennedys have blown the wod of cash great grandpa made in the last one so they'll have another chance to do it again.

I predict this will all blow over in time but the government will have a lot more regulations in place when it does. I mean seriously, has banning things stopped the populace from getting stuff they want?

The black market will flourish that's for certain.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I protest every second Tuesday in November, but more important I protest In June on primary day. That's the chance to kick the incumbant out so you can vote for somebody in November instead of voting against the other person.

America began by disobeying the government of the day…the king. Boston Tea Party anybody?

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Maybe we should all contact the white house and tell them what we are thinking.

Contact the White House | The White House

My husband used to say, wish in one hand, .... in the other and see which fills up faster.

It would be nice to think the current administration could be reasoned with, but that is not the case. This clown doesn’t care one bit about anyone or anything but himself and his money.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
. Boston Tea Party anybody?

The first of many "false flag" attacks.
It set a horrible precedent...

My husband used to say, wish in one hand, .... in the other and see which fills up faster.
My Italian-American father said exactly the same thing. I now repeat it to my kids. :thumbs:

cheers
I

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
This is right. People don't know how to protest anymore. It's not like how it use to be.
We just had major protests in San Juan to get rid of a corrupt governor. We even got rid of his cabinet. We have a new governor and she's sniffing out corruption. 1.8 billion dollars is missing. So yeah so protest does work in certain circumstances. I just don't see it for e-cigs.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
It would be nice to think the current administration could be reasoned with, but that is not the case. This clown doesn’t care one bit about anyone or anything but himself and his money.

While I agree 100%, sadly the clowns running against him only seem to care about the people that DON'T live here and appear to be just as difficult to reason with. I am starting to think that it requires a certain amount of insanity to even run for President, regardless of party.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with everyone. However, the best strategy according Demetris and PBusardo is to hire a professional PR company to combat the false information that the news media and anti-vaping crowd has been churning out every day/nite on TV and social media. That will take a LOT of money (millions according to D & P). The US vaping industry doesn't have that type of money, but the big manufacturers in China do. China manufacturers will be affected by this if the US vaping industry fails, because it will fail if a flavor ban is successful.

Trump is the key person in all of this. He's the one who will use his John Hancock, and he's been known to go against the grain of "The Swamp" in Washington. He is basically only interested in satisfying his voter base. All vapers need to personally contact Trump via the White House and tell him, as a voter, that if he is going to get your vote in 2020 he needs to not go forward with a flavor ban. Regardless of how you feel about Trump, or whether you'll actually vote for him when the time comes, this must be done and would take each of us only about 5 - 10 minutes of our time.

Contact the White House | The White House

WHITE HOUSE: Comment line 202-456-1111 | Switch board 202-456-1414 (the switch board is the best approach as it will put you on hold and give you a chance to speak)

Trump probably doesn't have a clue concerning vaping. He doesn't understand how important the use of flavored e-liquid is to the success to stop smoking. Only having "tobacco flavors" just won't cut it for the majority of vapers.

What he will understand is that a flavor ban will likely destroy the vaping industry in the US. Vape shops will not be able remain viable and will close - a loss of thousands of jobs and small businesses. This will affect his "sterling" numbers of the lowest unemployment in recent memory. It's estimated there are at least 10,000 potential voters who have anything to do with the vaping community (probably more), about the number of votes that gave him the presidency. He's not going to want to lose that many votes.

A flavor ban will result in creating its own Black Market. Many vapers will resort to making their own flavored e-liquid. How did that work out for the homemade black market THC vials that killed 6 people and put over 400 people in intensive care?

Smokers looking to quit smoking will no longer have vape shops or US based online vendors to purchase e-cigarettes. Many vapers will return to smoking, which will increase the 400,000 smokers who died last year.

Please tale a few minutes of your time to contact President Trump.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread