We need nation-wide protests against the flavor ban!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
CBS news report says there are 22 MILLION vapers in the US. I'd love to know where they got that. May be it's enough to cost him a second term. We do have some clout if there are so many of us. Making the announcement on an annaveresary of 9/11 was a huge blunder. I watched the second plane hit the WTC. My first thought was, we're at war.

Last edited:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
CBS news report says there are 22 MILLION vapers in the US. I'd love to know where they got that. May be it's enough to cost him a second term. We do have some clout if there are so many of us. Making the announcement on an annaveresary of 9/11 was a huge blunder. I watched the second plane hit the WTC. My first thought was, we're at war.

With juul having dominated the market, purportedly 70% of the market ..

5b9098b61eeba.image.png

jacey

Jul 18, 2010
Pennsylvania
I agree with everyone. However, the best strategy according Demetris and PBusardo is to hire a professional PR company to combat the false information that the news media and anti-vaping crowd has been churning out every day/nite on TV and social media. That will take a LOT of money (millions according to D & P). The US vaping industry doesn't have that type of money, but the big manufacturers in China do. China manufacturers will be affected by this if the US vaping industry fails, because it will fail if a flavor ban is successful.

Trump is the key person in all of this. He's the one who will use his John Hancock, and he's been known to go against the grain of "The Swamp" in Washington. He is basically only interested in satisfying his voter base. All vapers need to personally contact Trump via the White House and tell him, as a voter, that if he is going to get your vote in 2020 he needs to not go forward with a flavor ban. Regardless of how you feel about Trump, or whether you'll actually vote for him when the time comes, this must be done and would take each of us only about 5 - 10 minutes of our time.

Contact the White House | The White House

WHITE HOUSE: Comment line 202-456-1111 | Switch board 202-456-1414 (the switch board is the best approach as it will put you on hold and give you a chance to speak)

Trump probably doesn't have a clue concerning vaping. He doesn't understand how important the use of flavored e-liquid is to the success to stop smoking. Only having "tobacco flavors" just won't cut it for the majority of vapers.

What he will understand is that a flavor ban will likely destroy the vaping industry in the US. Vape shops will not be able remain viable and will close - a loss of thousands of jobs and small businesses. This will affect his "sterling" numbers of the lowest unemployment in recent memory. It's estimated there are at least 10,000 potential voters who have anything to do with the vaping community (probably more), about the number of votes that gave him the presidency. He's not going to want to lose that many votes.

A flavor ban will result in creating its own Black Market. Many vapers will resort to making their own flavored e-liquid. How did that work out for the homemade black market THC vials that killed 6 people and put over 400 people in intensive care?

Smokers looking to quit smoking will no longer have vape shops or US based online vendors to purchase e-cigarettes. Many vapers will return to smoking, which will increase the 400,000 smokers who died last year.

Please tale a few minutes of your time to contact President Trump.

mark40511

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lexington KY
I've been vaping for 10 years now. I stopped smoking the day my pen style e-cig arrived in the mail. For years, I've been waiting for something like this. The vaping market was super small back then and most people didn't have a clue what it was. And it's blown up into the huge market. I wish I could afford to stock up but I usually can only stock up a couple of months in advance before I buy more. I will be devastated if there is a flavor ban...even though I only vape one flavor. Still.

jacey

Jul 18, 2010
Pennsylvania
We must stand together to overcome this grave injustice. Write the White House, your senators and reps. They must be pushed very hard and feel threatened or they will bend to the demands of the anti-vapors. If we must we will have to openly protest (not violent). We will have to peacefully show "Civil Disobedience" to vaping bans. I hope it doesn't come to this but I fear it will. Remember we are many now; years ago we were just a few, but now we are in the millions.

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
I think more votes will be lost. If all the USA vapers declined to vote for Trump, he'd lose re-election.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

That wouldn't take much for me.
I didn't vote for him the first time.
I don't know how vaping breaks down by political party affiliation, but I'd bet it's pretty close to the general population.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
While I support "The Right to Vape" .. as well as the "Right to Flavors" .. after reading thru the Threads on the topic that have sprung up here on ECF, I have to say, Homelessness, Child Hunger, Climate Change, etc, would, for me anyway, be much more worthwhile as a "Take to the Streets and Protest" issue ..

V8porism

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Kids are vaping. It is illegal for them to buy vaping gear/supplies, So why is no one screaming for the heads of the people actually supplying the kids? That is where the real breakdown in under age vaping occurs.

We don't see calls for the removal of flavored vodka do we? They went after those selling to minors. The whole thing has been a witch hunt from the beginning. The recent illnesses were just an excuse that could be spun to do us in and maybe garner some votes in 2020.

Yup! Juul owns 70% of the market. I don’t know any adults who use Juuls. They made a lot of money by selling to kids. Now us legitimate users will pay the price for their wrongs!!!

Why don’t we hear lawyers & pro-vaping advocates financed by Juul on this whole issue??? Because they (Juul) know they are guilty.

If Trump simply implements a ban on Juul flavored ejuice & puts in place measures to prevent Juul copycats we’ll actually put a lid on the “teen epidemic.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: Iron Molly

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I see rallies and protests organized by individuals, and some reviewers. My question....is anything being organized by the big juice companies and manufacturing labs? It is THEIR industry after all that's at risk. I would be very interested to know what the top tier in the industry are doing at this point.

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
While I support "The Right to Vape" .. as well as the "Right to Flavors" .. after reading thru the Threads on the topic that have sprung up here on ECF, I have to say, Homelessness, Child Hunger, Climate Change, etc, would, for me anyway, be much more worthwhile as a "Take to the Streets and Protest" issue ..

Yeah.
If I was going to be a "Single issue voter" this probably wouldn't be the issue.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
Yup! Juul owns 70% of the market. I don’t know any adults who use Juuls. They made a lot of money by selling to kids. Now us legitimate users will pay the price for their wrongs!!!

Why don’t we hear lawyers & pro-vaping advocates financed by Juul on this whole issue??? Because they (Juul) know they are guilty.

If Trump simply implements a ban on Juul flavored ejuice & puts in place measures to prevent Juul copycats we’ll actually put a lid on the “teen epidemic.”

Sorry, but I'm 62 and a Juul user. I do know other adults that use Juul and I suspect there are a very large number of us. The media has been hyping Juul as being a teen only product, but I very much disagree. They don't own 70% of the market from teen sales alone, that would be impossible. They are being attacked because they own the largest portion of the market. Ecig users blaming Juul for the insanity that is happening makes no sense. I would blame inaccurate news reporting as driving the hype. I'm sure Juul's lawyers are very busy with the legal challenges they are facing to stay in business and we shouldn't expect them to speak out as a community representative. I doubt they feel guilt and they shouldn't, they are a business not a publicly funded organization. The government should not decide what flavors adult users prefer, the market should decide.

There are existing laws against underage sale and the government needs to enforce them. Go after the stores that are selling to teens and fine them. Haul some of these kids in front of a judge for underage use and make the parents pay a fine. Enforce the laws for underage purchase as they do for other products that are restricted to adult use only. A ban only states that as a nation we can't control underage sale and a prohibition on the products are the only solution. That's crazy. Think of it as the way alcohol sales are controlled. They catch underage people with alcohol and they go after the stores and the parents, they don't go after the manufacturer or impose a prohibition.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

Juul and it's minority shareholder overlord Altria love this move. They're getting the 30% of the competition killed off while they have enough cash to sit back and wait for the din to die down. Then they swoop back with all sorts of studies and tests showing how safe their product is, get a PMTA approved, and pick up the remaining 30% of the market. That's why they're applauding all this flavor ban stuff, in the long term they win. Just like they pulled out of the VTA. Why give money to a trade association that will support your competition?

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I seen a news report on a mom screaming for justice for her 15 year old daughter. "This has got to stop, our kids are becoming attics!!" I was so eerked from this , as no one anymore takes responsibility, it's always someone else's fault and I cant stand it. Because the parents fail to control, monitor and or punish their kid, millions will suffer . It's like blaming mc Donald's for unhealthy food and ranting "its killing our kids " when it's simply a matter of , not letting them eat it.....its that along with how places are allowing the purchasing, yet another inadequacy that others have to pay for. This will cause some to not vape, therefore to continue or start smoking which will cause deaths, so because parents cannot control their kids and places are selling to minors, people will die and this is appalling

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Anyone know if vaping is prohibited on the National Mall in Washington (probably is)? I'm all for a whole bunch of vapers to get together, sit down, and vape. I don't mind getting arrested in a non-violent protest. At my age it's not like an arrest record will affect my employment opportunities or damage my online dating ratings all that much.

Imagine the coverage of hundreds of adult vapers busted for vaping flavored nicotine (please, please, no alternative products, that we absolutely don't want to have happen) would generate. Should even make FOXNews, our direct line to the White House. Oh, and lots of tweets in real time directed at the President.

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
We must stand together to overcome this grave injustice. Write the White House, your senators and reps. They must be pushed very hard and feel threatened or they will bend to the demands of the anti-vapors. If we must we will have to openly protest (not violent). We will have to peacefully show "Civil Disobedience" to vaping bans. I hope it doesn't come to this but I fear it will. Remember we are many now; years ago we were just a few, but now we are in the millions.

Well, both the (D)s and (R)s are against us. Where's the leverage?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread