We need nation-wide protests against the flavor ban!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
Re-reading what I posted and boy I've become a grumpy old man :)
I smoked for 45 years, I was a dual user - vaping and cigarettes for five years.
I was diagnosed with emphysema and I'm only daily inhalers, yet I still smoked.
I moved to juul about a year and a half ago and I haven't touched a cigarette since the day I got the juul and I've seen improvements in my health. I tend to jump in at their defense because of my personal experience. Their product works better for getting off cigarettes than anything I've tried. After all the years of smoking Juul has allowed me to turn my back on cigarettes and I've got no desire to go back to them.

V8porism

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
We must stand together to overcome this grave injustice. Write the White House, your senators and reps. They must be pushed very hard and feel threatened or they will bend to the demands of the anti-vapors. If we must we will have to openly protest (not violent). We will have to peacefully show "Civil Disobedience" to vaping bans. I hope it doesn't come to this but I fear it will. Remember we are many now; years ago we were just a few, but now we are in the millions.

Here is an interesting development...

White House abruptly cancels meeting with vaping advocates

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I think more votes will be lost. If all the USA vapers declined to vote for Trump, he'd lose re-election.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

That would be great, we'd get Elizabeth Warren or Joe Biden, who wouldn't want that? Vape Pride!

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
What color banner? Seems like all the colors are taken these days.

I agree, we have to get banners and ribbons to raise awareness. But your question stumps me, Is Puse taken?
23 Best color puce images in 2018 | Crystals minerals, Make up, Beautiful rocks

Wikipedia says: Puce is the French word for flea. The color is said to be the color of bloodstains on linen or bedsheets, even after being laundered, from a flea's droppings, or after a flea has been crushed. The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) dates the first English use of "puce" as a color to 1778.

Sounds lovely.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I agree, we have to get banners and ribbons to raise awareness. But your question stumps me, Is Puse taken?
23 Best color puce images in 2018 | Crystals minerals, Make up, Beautiful rocks

Wikipedia says: Puce is the French word for flea. The color is said to be the color of bloodstains on linen or bedsheets, even after being laundered, from a flea's droppings, or after a flea has been crushed. The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) dates the first English use of "puce" as a color to 1778.

Sounds lovely.

sounds perfect! Let's grab it before some other group gets the idea!

• Agree
Reactions: CMD-Ky

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
United Vapers Alliance
these guys are planning a rally that every vaper in the US should either attend or support

Yep absolutely, their website is down because of so much traffic, last I heard the Rally maybe be early November in DC. Keep your eyes on Twitter also youtube, I expect Mike Vapes, Matt SMM and VapnFagan among others will carry information on it and more. We have already decided we'll be there for this and any other ones closer to us.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Anyone know if vaping is prohibited on the National Mall in Washington (probably is)? I'm all for a whole bunch of vapers to get together, sit down, and vape. I don't mind getting arrested in a non-violent protest. At my age it's not like an arrest record will affect my employment opportunities or damage my online dating ratings all that much.

Imagine the coverage of hundreds of adult vapers busted for vaping flavored nicotine (please, please, no alternative products, that we absolutely don't want to have happen) would generate. Should even make FOXNews, our direct line to the White House. Oh, and lots of tweets in real time directed at the President.

I'm in. I've been clamoring for a million man army of advanced vapers to stage a vapeathon on the FDA's front lawn for years.

Good luck. :)

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Simply not true ..

The largest protests in American history are happening right now

The problem is, I don't know if they matter as much to the Leadership .. now, if we had a large "Wheelbarrow of Cash" and a high powered Lobby Firm, then, we'd get some satisfaction ..
^^^This is the answer.^^^

Flavored tobacco and alcohol will never be touched because none of this about flavors, or even public health at all. Those industries have the money, and therefore the influence to effect the outcome of elections.

Vapers do not. At bottom it's no more complicated than that.

Protesting and presenting irrefutable, unassailable evidence to these politicians is like spitting into the wind. They could not possibly be less interested in what the truth is. The only thing they are interested in is what will get them and keep them in power. Period. If you believe otherwise, you're part of the reason why we're here.

Blaming Donald Trump, or any other single bureaucrat, or even party for this, displays a profound lack of both any understanding whatsoever of how our system of jurisprudence works, AND the history of American politics.

The average American citizen knows far more about what's going on on some insipid television show than they do about any of the vital issues that form the country they live in.

If you anybody doesn't like that, that's tough. That's the reality.

Last edited:

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
We do need the natiion wide rally. first we need to get the people on board and united...I was disappointed to see that only hundreds came out on Thuseday. We are millions. I was thinking vapes in hand day nation wide. All vapers are to have there divices in there hands so we can identify each other and unite...idk im just saying.. Any other ideas?

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Reactions: V8porism

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Here's an idea that might actually have some impact.

It appears to be legitimately true that many in the opposition don't actually understand the role that flavors have played and do play in the lives of legal adult vapors.

What if as many shops as possible provided actual copies of their sales records showing conclusively that almost all of their juice sales are of the flavored variety?

What if they also provided pix of the postings on their entry doors and in their stores clearly proclaiming their refusal to sell or in many cases even allow entry to minors without proper ID?

Along with video interviews of their managers and clerks convincingly testifying to the rigor with which they enforce this policy? Records and testimonies of firings for failure to properly card would be a huge bonus.

This might accomplish two major things.

Number one, it would credibly demonstrate the primary importance of flavors in the lives of those who have become free of tobacco through vaping. The sales records would make that unassailably clear.

Number two, it would demonstrate that shop owners and operators are already deadly serious about keeping their products out of the hands of minors as far as they have the ability to do so. This would effectively place vaping products at the very same table as alcohol and tobacco. IN THE MINDS OF THE PUBLIC.

The combined conclusion of these two points, credibly and convincingly made, would be that flavors are vital to what ADULT vaping is and that all due diligence is already being employed to responsibly prevent minors from illegally obtaining vape products.

In short: Adults are the only people we sell to and our sales records show that flavors are just about all these ADULTS buy.

Forget for now about how healthy or unhealthy it is. If in the minds of at least some people, vaping can be equated with alcohol and tobacco, NObody is going to deny the disastrous effects that those can have in people's lives. Even if vaping were actually just as bad, why should it be treated any differently?

That in my view would cover at least SOME of the misinformation being shouted from the rooftops right now.
======================================
Making it widely known that the nicotine based long established liquid that we vape is not what is causing this acute and deadly outbreak is a lot trickier. Unfortunately, that one is also a lot more important for the immediate future.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    United Vapers Alliance
    these guys are planning a rally that every vaper in the US should either attend or support

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to bandwidth limit has been reached for this site. Please try again later.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: DaveP

gsmit1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2018
    Somebody or somebodies with a lot of industry reach, organizational skill and passable web skills could rather quickly gather this kind of collection into a one stop website people could be sent to.

Think of it. Shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop.............., in all 50 states. Sales records showing flavors as the almost exclusive seller and responsible practices denying access to minors.

I think there is real potential here to sway at least SOME average citizens to reconsider. If the rightly motivated average citizen (or two or three) were to become convinced, especially if not even vapors themselves, they also could really help make a difference.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 10, 2015
    USA
    That would be great, we'd get Elizabeth Warren or Joe Biden, who wouldn't want that? Vape Pride!
    Or whoever challenges Trump in the primary. (Before he spends a few trillions more, which the other side will also do.) There isn't a good choice between any of them.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

• Agree
    Reactions: Sloth Tonight
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread