We need to banish the word E-cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebred

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
Attleboro, Ma
I understand that when ecigs first came out that the name needs to appeal to smokers wanting to commit to vaping. Now it is common place for people to think that vaping is smoking. My girlfriend knows little about vaping but believes its equally as hazardous as smoking. We all know that's not likely the case, but are also aware that we don't know all of the hazards of vaping.

Watching the talking heads on TV would make you believe that and ecig = tobacco. The sheeple watching the talking heads believe them without prejudice. Vaping has nothing I do with smoking. I saw a quote from someone on ecf say: considering vaping a tobacco product is equivilant to saying cola is a coffee product. Forgive me for not knowing who said thAt, but its a brilliant analogy.

I don't ever want to see the word ecig again. It's name will create taxes, banning and heartache for all of us.
Who has a good name to replace "e-cig"?

{MODERATED}

Last edited by a moderator:

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
That is why I call them personal vapers when trying to educate...I use the quote's in the air "e-cig" so they know what I am talking about...showed my buddy the 17packs of cigarettes in 4 minutes youtube video...all he could do say was "disgusting" then I explained to him pv's DON'T have ANY of that, except a tiny bit of nicotine

I think he understands now

Ebred

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
Attleboro, Ma
Did someone say talking heads?

Being a child of the mtv generation they were awesome. I couldn't find once in a lifetime which is my favorite. But this is still another good jam!

Lol in love them too. I remember being a kid and watching "'burning down the house". That to me was the best music video ever made and also one of the best songs.
My shoulders are starting to do the burning down he house shrug

Ebred

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
Attleboro, Ma

Ebred

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
Attleboro, Ma
It will always come down to the fact that it looks like smoking. People can't tell the difference from a distance and smokers will light up if they see vapers vaping.

And drinking cola looks like drinking coffee?

Perception is everything. The perception of the truth needs to become unperverted. Is that a word lol.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
You are expecting to fix an insurmountable problem by applying a name change and thinking that somehow will erase any correlation between vaping and smoking. Those connections were made years ago and changing the label from "e-cig" to "happy pumpkin" won't fix anything. The people who don't want to acknowledge there is any difference will say "people are smoking happy pumkpins to replace cigarettes" anyway. You cannot simply erase the connections between smoking and vaping by calling it something else. No matter what new label you may want to put on it, the majority of us only arrived here because we were smoking to begin with. E-cigs didn't pop out of a Magic hat to replace... nothing at all. Quite the opposite. As long as you inhale "it", "it" looks like smoking, and you use "it" to replace smoking, calling "it" anything else won't matter.

This isn't the first time this topic has been around the block. It is what is is. Education and awareness is what is needed. A name change would only fall in the realm of a marketing gimmick. After they started selling the Ford Edsel, calling it something else wouldn't have changed anything. Too little, too late for a product rename to matter now. Deeming proposals are all of a month away.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
I understand that when ecigs first came out that the name needs to appeal to smokers wanting to commit to vaping. Now it is common place for people to think that vaping is smoking. My girlfriend knows little about vaping but believes its equally as hazardous as smoking. We all know that's not likely the case, but are also aware that we don't know all of the hazards of vaping.

Watching the talking heads on TV would make you believe that and ecig = tobacco. The sheeple watching the talking heads believe them without prejudice. Vaping has nothing I do with smoking. I saw a quote from someone on ecf say: considering vaping a tobacco product is equivilant to saying cola is a coffee product. Forgive me for not knowing who said thAt, but its a brilliant analogy.

I don't ever want to see the word ecig again. It's name will create taxes, banning and heartache for all of us.
Who has a good name to replace "e-cig"?

{MODERATED}

a little late in the game to worry about a name change- it is what it is. shouldn't you credit steven wright for your bottom banner?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread