We need to fix this cart/atty problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo_tdo

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Missouri
I have been getting very tired lately of the problems I have been having with my burning cart filler. I despise it. Not to much of a problem with my m401, but hell to pull melted cart filler off my m201 atty which is now ruined after less then a week. I take 3 second inhales and my carts are always topped off. No excuse for me to be having this problem. Before you tell me "hey bro, that's just how the stock filler is" I am aware of that. I blame it on the manufacturers. They seem to be devoting all their time to increasing battery life (the cannot do this until a higher energy density formula is created) and putting mp3 players into e-cigs. Not to the fundamental problem with e-cigs, this poor excuse for a juice delivery system. You will find that most people dip, drip, or some variant. Even going as far as putting aqua filtration foam in the cartridge. It should not be up to the consumer to do the job of people who are sitting in their luxury offices on x floor in x building in china.

I challenge the manufactures to fix this problem.

Anything else is just an exercise in futility. Each manufacturer I see that puts out the next and greatest model of e-cig with some fancy logo or a built in mp3 player, I will not buy from.

Mp3 player, hell it can't even go a day without melting the cart filler.

I have no doubt in my mind that a law suit will arise from someone inhaling a large concentration of burning cartridge filler and having respiratory damage or nervous system damage.

Can they even tell you the exact material that is used?

I know that when I get a lung full of this horrid concoction my vision dims and my mental status takes a nose dive.

I do not believe any manufacturer's commitment until this is resolved. Please tell me, are the chemicals given off by burning cart filler carcinogenic? Dangerous? More likely than not.

They made over 100 million in sales from the u.s. this year. How much did they make from all of the other countries. Are you telling me you do not have enough funds to fix this?

Please fix this, Period.... Mother****er

Last edited:

Dave Rickey

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Austin TX
Did your mod maker sell you your cartridge? Even if they did, they almost certainly didn't make it. Anyway, the problem with making better cartridges is twofold:

1) People won't pay for it. Anything that's significantly better and safer than polyfill is going to be significantly more expensive, especially early on when they're being assembled by hand. Would you pay $15-20 for a titanium fiber cartridge?

2) Most of the ways they could be improved aren't compatible with current stock atomizers. Better atomizers are possible, but see (1).

Anyway, that $100M? The vendors/modders you see hanging out here didn't see enough of that to be worth mentioning, most of it went back to China.

BTW, are you using a high-voltage battery mod? Yeah, they'll melt filler PDQ. One of the reasons my high-current version will probably peak at 4.5V.

--Dave

stevo_tdo

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Missouri
Did your mod maker sell you your cartridge? Even if they did, they almost certainly didn't make it. Anyway, the problem with making better cartridges is twofold:I make My own Mods

1) People won't pay for it. Anything that's significantly better and safer than polyfill is going to be significantly more expensive, especially early on when they're being assembled by hand. Would you pay $15-20 for a titanium fiber cartridge?

2) Most of the ways they could be improved aren't compatible with current stock atomizers. Better atomizers are possible, but see (1).

Anyway, that $100M? The vendors/modders you see hanging out here didn't see enough of that to be worth mentioning, most of it went back to China. That's what I was saying, this was not directed at the U.S. PV makers

BTW, are you using a high-voltage battery mod? Yeah, they'll melt filler PDQ. One of the reasons my high-current version will probably peak at 4.5V.

--Dave

No high votage, I would pay 15-20 bucks for a reusable not melting filter, many would ( We already pay 12 plus for unreliable batts and 10 plus for what the manufacturer considers disposable atomizers). Not spending the money to provide a safer product is similar to the strategy of the tobacco companies. Making something safer that cost a little more would be unheard of in this situation

Last edited:

abhowe

Moved On
Sep 14, 2009
I would pay for a good non-burning cart/filler and a cart that doesn't leak...... If a light bulb can last a year on a small fiber filament, they should be able to build a power regulated long lasting atomizer...... Think about how much electricity is powering that light bulb for a year, and look at the size of those wires in the light bulb...... I'm no Einstein, but, But, but

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread