• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Weather!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allestaria

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Las Cruces, NM
Ok its snowing here!:thumbs:

Now before you say AND? we have 3 feet.

I live in southern New Mexico Also known as the west Texas border.

We don't get snow. And when we do it lasts a few hours and melts away. Maybe 1/2 inch if we are lucky.

It has never snowed this early before. Usually december/january if we are lucky. ( from my memory)

We do not normally get out our coats and wintery stuff until Closer to thanksgiving if not later. Heaters don't get turned on for another month or so
Heck I used my a/c just yesterday. Today I'm in my flannel pj's with some nice wool type house shoes trying to stay warm!
This is so neat. I love cold weather:w00t:. I hope it stays for awhile! Though the kids aren't to happy because Halloween is so close. But they will just have to be ready to wear their jackets and not be out as long.

~~~~~~ SNOW~~~~~~

Allestaria

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Las Cruces, NM
It snowed almost all night. But none stuck. NONE. Only the Organ mountains showed signs that we had snow. And that was almost all gone my mid afternoon. /cry

Florida and heat. One of the reason's I've never been there. It gets up to 115 during the summer here. I'm used to the few weeks we have triple digits. But its dry heat. None of that humidity stuff unless we have rain. Then those of us (like me) with swamp coolers suffer for days. And the house is wet. Everything feels wet. Its so annoying to say the least.

I wanna move somewhere where its cooler during the summer with no humidity and cold during the winter. I so love cool weather. Ya all can keep your heat..LOL But hubby hates snow. Course I don't think there is much that he likes..

Allestaria

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Las Cruces, NM
its 54 here and sunny. Some clouds but nothing major. Its nice outside. To bad me and the sun don't get along. We haven't liked eachother since I was about 8. The sun likes to paint my face with more freckles. LOL
Legs and body are clear. Face and arms covered.. Go figure.. LOL
Give me rain, snow, and I'm a happy camper!

Allestaria

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Las Cruces, NM
Ahh your so lucky. Most of my family is in Colorado.
When I was a kid we went and visited my Aunt and Uncle who (at the time) lived in Gunnison. Oh I so loved it there it was so pretty and to me seemed like it was caught in the past.
I broke my arm that summer. Will never forget it. That was the last time I seen my cousins. They are grown up and have kids. But I haven't seen them since I was 11.
2 of my uncles live in Grandjuntion. Well Fruita and the other small town outside of GJ.

2 Aunts and Uncle just moved to Cortez yesterday. Looking to buy a new house!

Though I did lose my step grandma day before yesterday. So a ceremony is planned for Nov. 2nd. But I wont make it up there.

Its so much prettier up there compared to this. And this was a good picture taken by our local paper. It was about 2 miles from my house.

organ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread