Wednesday is a Big Day for The FDA. Read and Share Your Thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Sally Satel puts out some good points abot e-cigarettes and the FDA deeming regulations. This is worth reading and sharing in as many places as you can.

It legit scares me to think that e-cigs might have to go through PMTA.

How do you think it will turn out? Are you worried? Are you :censored: off? I am.

Congress, Save E-Cigarettes From The FDA

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Nothing will be solved. No progress will be had. It is going to congress, which is the opposite of progress. At best they will turn a mouse into an elephant that likes cheese.

I do not want government regulation of vaping. We have consumer groups that volunteer to do that already. We have businesses highly aware of the consumer groups doing that, and voluntarily complying with consumer regulation. The industry itself is taking notice of consumer groups regulating and working toward complying if they do not already.

The market for vaping is proving to be a truly fair market. I have seen consumers even express concern over how fairly workers that harvest cotton are treated. Consumers are driving the market and attempting to assure it remains fair, and somewhat environmentally sane. Yes, I know batteries are a big concern in that area. I see that as next step in development, manufactures trying alternate means of batteries or power for the devices.

Any government in my view does not need to be involved. Yes, government may ensure companies act ethically, responsibly. Can the customers already doing that not continue doing it? Again, it's fear used to define other people, fear used to keep the status quo. Big tobacco, big business, big pharmaceuticals, big government is losing out on big money. Sure they'll fight it tooth and nail. What happens when people wake up and realize money is only an idea, and it has become a useless one at best? I think vaping has started to show the thread bare in the Emperor's invisible clothes.

Sorry if that sounds militant or radical. It just is what it is though.

Reactions: LadyVapentine

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Nothing will be solved. No progress will be had. It is going to congress, which is the opposite of progress. At best they will turn a mouse into an elephant that likes cheese.

I do not want government regulation of vaping. We have consumer groups that volunteer to do that already. We have businesses highly aware of the consumer groups doing that, and voluntarily complying with consumer regulation. The industry itself is taking notice of consumer groups regulating and working toward complying if they do not already.

The market for vaping is proving to be a truly fair market. I have seen consumers even express concern over how fairly workers that harvest cotton are treated. Consumers are driving the market and attempting to assure it remains fair, and somewhat environmentally sane. Yes, I know batteries are a big concern in that area. I see that as next step in development, manufactures trying alternate means of batteries or power for the devices.

Any government in my view does not need to be involved. Yes, government may ensure companies act ethically, responsibly. Can the customers already doing that not continue doing it? Again, it's fear used to define other people, fear used to keep the status quo. Big tobacco, big business, big pharmaceuticals, big government is losing out on big money. Sure they'll fight it tooth and nail. What happens when people wake up and realize money is only an idea, and it has become a useless one at best? I think vaping has started to show the thread bare in the Emperor's invisible clothes.

Sorry if that sounds militant or radical. It just is what it is though.

These are my thoughts exactly. *I* might sound a bit radical here, but restricting vaping will only benefit big tobacco. Sure BT is lobbying against restrictions, but who knows what else happens behind closed doors. BT, big pharma, big media have all worked together to villainize vaping. Then, what we might end up with is big tobacco being the only company that could afford PMTA and produce ineffective products.

To be honest, it scares the living $#!t out of me to look at what's happening here in Illinois with taxes, and in Indiana with restrictions. It's scary.

You're right, as a community, we've all been so vigilant at raising awareness an making sure things are done in a way that is fair for everyone.

Get the government involved, and that all goes out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread