The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Weekly Contest - March 3 thru March 7

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by Crowedude654, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Crowedude654

Crowedude654 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    It's contest time again, and this week, we're giving away the setup that I've been using the most for the last few weeks:

1 x EHPro Cronus
    1 x EHPro Nimbus RDA
    3 x Organic Cotton Balls for wick
    3 x Feet of 26-gauge Kanthal
    2 x EH 18650 Batteries, 1600mAh, 30-amp (rewrapped Sony US18650VTC3 Cells)
    1 x 30mL Bottle of Lion Head e-Liquid, winner's choice of flavor and nic strength
    1 x Charger

5 wraps of 26-gauge with a 2.4mm diameter gives about 0.5 ohms. Build a dual coil, and you get 0.25 ohms. This is my personal favorite build, mod and RDA. In addition, the winner will have the option of having the airholes drilled out on The Nimbus if they're a lung-hitter like me.

To enter this week's giveaway, share with us the best vape you've ever had. It doesn't have to be anything you own; it can just be something you've tried that was a friend's or that you got to try at the local vape shop, etc.

Thanks to everyone, and GOOD LUCK!!! :vapor:

Edit: If you're new to the sub-ohm thing, please check out this video and make sure you're being safe: Mechanical Mod and Battery Safety - YouTube
    And don't worry, we're providing you with the proper batteries for sub-ohming!

2. StirCwazy

StirCwazy Full Member Verified Member

Jan 30, 2014
    USA
    Best vape I ever had was on a customers rig at the local vape shop in town, Knoxville Vapor! It was a mech mod, don't recall which, with an EHPro KayFun 3.1. Best flavor I've tasted of a juice that I've used for a while. Unfortunately for me, the KayFun is a bit out of my price range right now.

Thanks for the contest, this (as any) would be an awesome one to win!

3. darktranq

darktranq Full Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Minnesota
    The best vape I've had so far is with my Protank 3 on a Vamo, though my kicked Bolt isn't far behind. Good luck everyone and thanks for the contest Madvapes!

4. PhatRon

PhatRon Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2013
    Cumming, GA, USA
    The best vape I have ever had was surprisingly my own doing...
    I love the fact that you can customize vaping to tailor to your own likes and wants.

I have a 1.0 ohm twisted 29 and 32 gauge single microcoil in my Trident clone on a HCigar Nemesis Clone wicked with cotton that produces the most flavorful and cloudy vape even with the airhole on the largest option. It produces the perfect temperature vape for my liking and enough TH that I don't have a coughing attack but still fills my need of a good thump to the back of my throat. I also drip a Peach Mango Splash liquid that I made myself @ 10mg 50pg/50vg. I tend to use fruity flavors so I enjoy a vape that isn't too warm and this setup does the trick for me. I am very surprised that I was able to do this all on my own but it brings a huge feeling of accomplishment/victory and I think that adds to the overall satisfaction of the best vape I have ever had.

Thanks for the contest and best luck to all the contestants!

5. wes.leonard

wes.leonard Full Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Thomasville, NC
    The best set up I have tried was a itaste mvp with a nimbus RDA atomiser owned by one of my friends big into vaping. Im still trying to get into it more im still stuck with the ego style :( but the itaste mvp has a totally different feel To it like how it fit in my hand and it vaped pretty well :vapor:

6. MoonLit_Water

MoonLit_Water We All Shine On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    Hard to nail down a best, but one I really liked and stands out in My memory was a mix of about four or five straight tobacco flavors (dirty ashtray, smoke, and a few others such has desert ship, american tobacco type flavors) 18mg 50/50 on a VTR in a protank 1 which i recoiled myself at 2.1Ω vaped at 11 watts.

But there have been many others I really enjoyed.

Oh, thanks for the contest, good luck everyone

7. traderljp

traderljp Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2013
    South Florida
    My sister has a friend that came to stay with her and I got to try her vaping set up and it was the best I have ever tried. It was a mech mod called a Nemesis and it had an IGO (pretty sure it was a 'W') with 2 coils wrapped to be very low ohm. Holy cow, that thing hit like a monster. I have never sub-ohm'd before or since, but that set up was incredible to experience. She also had the IGO drilled out so the holes were much bigger than normal and it made for an amazing vape. I still remember being shocked at the amount of vaper coming out - it was pretty awesome. She also DIY's, and we were vaping on her own creation that she called 'buttermint', which was also excellent, with a high VG content.

Thanks for running another great contest!

8. OptimusPrimerib

OptimusPrimerib Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    The best vape i ever had flavor wise was in my first week of vaping. it was a key lime pie from a local shop. It was on my PT2 on an ego.

9. gordon50

gordon50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2012
    wichita falls, tx
    my best vape is the one I'm having right now....strawberry shortcake in a simple single coil cheap carto-tank on a
    sid at 7w. It's simple and now..

10. velvetworm

velvetworm Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    USA
    Being pretty new to this I love my newest set up a pro tank 2 mini on top of a vision spinner, it does what I need it to but I am interested in going further. Thanks for the giveaway!

11. standinthestars

standinthestars Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2014
    usually at work
    Crowedude, thanks for this fantastic contest and prize!

I am also a new vaper, so my experience is pretty limited. My current set up is an ego twist with protankII mini, but the best vape I have ever had was when I tried my friend's SVD with a g50 tank which had coils that he rebuilt. I vaped on some butterscotch pudding on this set up and was in heaven!

12. wvducklady

wvducklady Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2013
    US
    My best vape I ever had was hazelnut flavor mixed with maple pecan on my vision 2 ml vivi nova tank 2.4 ohm coil on my nemesis clone mod or smok tech 900mah battery.

Thank you for the contest, and good luck everyone!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

13. liblue1

liblue1 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I would have to say the best first vape at the B & M here with Top vapor cotton candy in an Ego-W.....I also tried Tobacco, Minthol & I loved the Cotton candy the best. It was enough that I bought the Ego-W kit right there on the spot....That was 2 years ago....and it is still my ADV....but I have outgrown the Ego kits......I have been using the VVV polypro tank for almost 2 years...I think I got my first one in May, and it is my go-to choice for all that time.

Thank you MV & Crowedude for a great contest...

14. barefootgirl

barefootgirl Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2013
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Awesome giveaway, thanks !

Best vape was last week when I built my first coil: 1.1 ohm cotton wicked micro coil on a Igo-S RDA. Amazing flavor with these small chambered RDA's :)

15. Schnarph

Schnarph Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 21, 2013
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I'm assuming we're talking about the best vape equipment, not e-liquid. Equipment is one thing, but if I tell you my favorite e-liquid I will likely mention another vendor, and that would be rude.

My best vape on a consistent basis has been on a Taifun clone, with Kayfuns and KFL's coming in at a close second. The mod itself doesn't matter much, as long as it can put out the normal 15 watts. Even a mechanical will do, I usually run my coils at ~1.2 ohm (1.2 ohm @ 4.2v= ~15 watts). I've made some wicked coils on various rebuildable dripping atomizers all the way down to quad coils under 0.5 ohm, but I still prefer the Taifun clone.

BTW, any chance MadVapes will carry a Taifun someday? :)

16. willowize

willowize Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 3, 2009
    Tennessee
    Once again thank you for the contest.

My favorite and best vape to date (been at this going on five yrs) is on my BilletBox with the DiverV2, cotton wick 2.3 ohms at 4.25-4.50 volts. I still like my ego type batts to carry out, oh and the MVP. I also love rebuildables period. Never really tried dripping but I want to.
    Now I need a new mechanical mod as I've sold all of the older ones I've had over the years. Now all this being said, tomorrow may be different, lol.

17. Crowedude654

Crowedude654 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Cotton Candy's back in stock by the way: Cotton Candy

18. deb361

deb361 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 25, 2013
    MO
    I haven't tried a lot of different set ups, the MVP and cig-a-likes. My favorite so far is my CLS in my Vmox XL.

19. rbeckys8

rbeckys8 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2013
    idaho
    I use passthroughs with a mini protank and I like to make my own juice unless I am lucky enough to win a juice.

20. liblue1

liblue1 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thank you I just ordered.......with the sale on till March 4th........15% off....Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.