Weird E-cig experience at Lowes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeezix

Jul 1, 2009
The other day I was in Lowes hardware vaping away on my 801 as usual. At some point I sailed it into my shirt pocket. A few minutes later I started hopping as my left nipple felt like it had been dipped in napalm.

I had a BE 112 battery on it and something in Lowes (inaudible to me) was keeping the battery on, and thus the atty coil. I had to unscrew it until I got back into the car and was down the road a bit. Then everything was ok again.

Has anyone else experienced this with those microphonic batteries?

Barbi355

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
NQ Australia
www.sixholetheory.com
yep, but mainly at discos :p. i was at a friends house the other day and my 8084 was going flat. like, on til it flashed, paused, then on again. it was strange cause i couldn hear anything either and i only noticed when i opened the case and it and the spare batt were on. went through a bit of nic fluid too.
Definitley dont take autos to nightclubs/discos unless you want an interesting night, that ends in no batts, lost fluid, possible burns, and even maybe an .... log or two...

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
i'd also question if you just hit the "cleaning cycle" on your ecig. haven't heard that mentioned in a while, but i'm guessing they still have those cycles built in right?

that will activate your atty and battery for several seconds as well, and i've had that happen to me with a 901.

and the other tips above are correct. the EVO and other 401 models have electronic switches (not pneumatic) that are highly sensitive to noise and vibration. had a few of those set off in my pocket and they get HOT.

miketr

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Southern Illinois (rural area)
I know that sounds above a certain Khz are inaudible to humans; and sounds in around the 17 khz range can only be heard by young people. And some stores have actually used this fact to keep young people from lingering in their stores. I wonder if a loud sound pitched just above the range of human hearing could set off a sound switch battery? There are websites that produce these high pitched sounds, and a good speaker can reproduce them, so someone with a sound switch battery could test the theory. It would be interesting. Of course, you'd want to have the battery disconnected from the atomizer while testing this. There's also a cellphone ringtone popular with some teens called the mosquito tone. They use it so they can hear when they get a text message and adults can't, for example. Can you imagine one of those setting off your eCig battery? It would be quite mystifying. See Teens Turn 'Repeller' into Adult-Proof Ringtone : NPR

rengic

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2009
Seattle
I'm using a blu cig, and i'm not sure what you guys mean by auto batteries... could you explain this?

If you've got a blu then you've got an auto battery. It means the battery senses air when you draw on it (and sometimes in other instances) and provides voltage to heat up the atty. This is different from a manual batt that comes equipped with a push button. ;)

chad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
NY, USA
cybervapor.com
I'm using a blu cig, and i'm not sure what you guys mean by auto batteries... could you explain this?

Auto batteries "turn on" when you inhale (either by pressure or by sound). Manual batteries have a button that must be pressed to activate the atty. Auto batteries have a tendency to activate in your pocket, or because of loud noises. When you're out and about manuals are often easier.

RKayne

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
Seattle
youcancook.today.com
Some adults do hear those sounds. I am one of the unlucky ones, lol. I can track electricity through a wall...trust me, it is not good to hear TOO well. I opted for manuals right off because of what I read in order to get the most and best use out of our devices.

Now to just collect some no LED batteries for 'stealth mode' (High nic, no VG!).

I can attest to 'that noise' in many stores, sometimes I find it literally appalling to know I have to go shopping in a store that has that constant whine going on. It is kinda like being drilled in the head.

And that is at 37...I want to know when my ears are going to give me a break, didn't the constant concerts do something? lol. No. Dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread