Weird gunk build-up on my drip tip...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Hey, all. I have several drip tips, but I like the look of my SmokTech King Kong drip tip the most.

Well, a few days ago, I noticed a bunch of crystalline, goopy junk flaking around the drip tip. It looked gross! So I took it off, washed it out, and replaced it.

Well, the gunk is back.

I vape semi-sweet, buttery flavors, like Butterscotch (my all day vape), Caramel, Sweet Cream, Candy Corn, etc. I've been using several plastic drip tips with these flavors, and I've never seen any gunk build-up on those, just the King Kong.

Do you think this gunk build-up is what ruined my 1.8 and 2.4 atty head for my Vision ViVi Nova?

Is it like sugar crystals or something?

boardopboy

MustachioedMechModManiac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
Castle Grayskull
"Lip Boogers!" Classic!

One night, The Wife and I went out for Mexican. Needless to say, a few hours later I was experiencing intestinal distress. Dosed myself with some Pepto and moved on. Half hour later I pick up the kGo and noticed pink gunk all over my drip tip! Pepto Lip Boogers! :oops:

yuttynutt

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2011
Minnesota
ewwwwww ya'll are grossing me out! :facepalm:

I take it you do not have lip boogers, well I only use ss drip tips so I have dealt with lip boogers since the start of my vaping, but I believe it's like the elephant in the room and we should discuss it because we all have lip boogers, in fact we should make this the official lip booger thread:D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Lol I second that motion. Smokers get lip boogers too they just throw their analogs away before it builds up. Anyone here remember someone asking for a a drag of your cigarette and them slobbering all over it or drawing on it so hard you had to throw it away? Glad I dont have to go through that any more.

yuttynutt

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2011
Minnesota
Yes I remember slobbery butts drooling on my.........I mean people slobbering on my cigarette butts just about made you want to puke when you got it back. I don't let any slobbery butts....I mean people use my vapestick because I don't want their lip boogers breeding with mine and making baby boogers.....I have paid enough in booger support. Okay so maybe I could take this thread too far but you have to admit this has got to be one of the funniest threads out there at least top ten.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
So it's not like sugar crystals? Just my own... gunk? Ew.

So the sugar in my juices didn't make my Nova attys crap out? Hmmm.

I get the same thing on my ss drip tips and on my glass ones, think that its just not that visible on acrylic. But to address your Vivi Nova problem. Most likely it is your juice that is messing your wicks/coils. Its known that heavy, sugary juices are not easy on cartos/ atties, known carto killers. I use quite a lot of NET tobaccos which are also carto killers. Its just a sacrifice I make to enjoy my favourite juice. I try other juices that are easier, but I dont enjoy them like my NET tobbaccos.

So I sacrifice a few cartos/ atty heads to the vapour gods, the taste is worth it. At least with a Vivi Nova you can either pop a new head on, or start making your own, pretty easy after some practice. You can extend the life by switching the head off and taking the gunky one out and soaking in hot tap water for a while, some use grain alcohol / ever clear/ vodka, I use hot water in a small cup with half an efferdent tab over night and good as new. You should be able to reuse the quite a few times.

Shiryo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
SoCal
I have found that the Acrylic Cherry Vapes when polished do not built up lip boogers the best. I do however like my other drip tips made of a few other materials but polish acrylic keeps the lip boogers away...

I guess you could say that means you just get to keep your lip boogers to yourself and on your lips... But the thought of that even more gross... :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread