Weird Question - Using a dry-herb vaporizer for tobacco???

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonH1

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2018
So... when I started vaping, it was a bumpy road. I got the jitters, heartburn and the odd headache. I stuck with it, tried different flavours, nic levels PG/VG ratios and eventually it got better, but was still a little off, just recently it started getting bad again.

Lately I would get an immediate headache from vaping. Both with Max VG & various ratios of PG/VG juices, various nic levels and nic salt levels... all juices I've tried do not agree with me.

So my question is, is it possible to use loose tobacco in a dry herb vaporizer. I can't seem to find much information on this, aside from some seem to think it might be to dry to vaporize properly.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
M.

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
So... when I started vaping, it was a bumpy road. I got the jitters, heartburn and the odd headache. I stuck with it, tried different flavours, nic levels PG/VG ratios and eventually it got better, but was still a little off, just recently it started getting bad again.

Lately I would get an immediate headache from vaping. Both with Max VG & various ratios of PG/VG juices, various nic levels and nic salt levels... all juices I've tried do not agree with me.

So my question is, is it possible to use loose tobacco in a dry herb vaporizer. I can't seem to find much information on this, aside from some seem to think it might be to dry to vaporize properly.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
M.
M,
IMO: Convection/conduction vapes;
It is mostly Hot, harsh and dry and may contain particulate matter from the desiccated tobacco. A water tool is suggested. It can be a bit messy and of course if you are not using an organic/natural tobacco, may contain some of the additional nasties we have been trying to avoid.

What device(s) do you use currently? (Please Not SMOK) Do you have any metal sensitivities or allergies?
Have you tried vaping unflavoured liquid?
I would suggest Swedish Snus or nicotine gum if vaping is causing problems.

Cheers
I

NeonH1

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2018
Hello,
The devices I've used and tried are as follows:
Eleaf iCare 2
Nautilus Original
Nautilus 2
Innokin EZ Watt with Prism S tank.
Justfog Minifit
and my latest purchase the Suorin Vagon
I've tried the following PG/VG ratios - 70/30 - 50/50 40/60 - 30/70 - max VG.
Nic levels I've tried 6, 8, 12, 16, 18 and in salts 24, 25, 50
Regards,
Mike

• Useful

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I tried building one, figuring if smoking tobacco helped my Crohn's but nicotine alone doesn't help as much maybe dry herb would be better. It burned, ashtray mouth, bleh.
Dry herb vaporizers are costly (and I've heard many end up burning).

I know a vaper who reviewed one recently for the reason of tobacco but I don't know where he reviews.

I found this here while trying to find it, Vaporizing Tobacco with a Pax - By Ploom

Last edited:
  • Informative

NeonH1

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2018
I tried building one, figuring if smoking tobacco helped my Crohn's but nicotine alone doesn't help as much maybe dry herb would be better. It burned, ashtray mouth, bleh.

I know a vaper who reviewed one recently for the reason of tobacco but I don't know where he reviews.

I found this here while trying to find it, Vaporizing Tobacco with a Pax - By Ploom
Thanks for the link.

NeonH1

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2018
Your symptoms kind of sound like nicotine overload. Maybe you should try 3mg or even 0mg to see if that makes a difference. If you're chain vaping (like I do) you can get a lot of nicotine in your system pretty quickly.
Thanks for your suggestion, but it's definitely not nicotine overload. When I smoke a cigarette, I don't have the same reaction. As well, I went from vaping 18-12-6. I only vape 10-12 times a day (10 pulls per session so 120 total puffs) on a low wattage MTL device. I was hoping it was too much nicotine, but stepping down to 6 mg per ML had the same effect, and it was almost immediately after my first pull.
I'm sure it's something in the actual base ingredients itself that is causing the issues. What I don't know is if it's just the VG, as I don't have any 100% PG juice to test.

The only NRT method that didn't cause my any issues was the patch. Most of the other methods (gum, spray) I experienced some issues.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes

Yeah, I wouldn't mind trying something for my ulcerative colitis. I'm trying wta at the moment.

Reactions: Myk and Izan

NeonH1

ECF Veteran
    Jan 11, 2018
    Hello Myk,
    I was curious about the IQOS, but apparently they use PG to add moisture to the tobacco... which at that point it doesn't make any sense to switch.
    Those devices seem over priced as well, and the replacement tobacco cartridges are hard to come by and quite expensive.
    I'll most likely do the patch to ween off nicotine and then just make sure I never smoke again.
    I really wanted vaping to work for me, as i enjoy smoking and it's much safer. I've tried it for almost a year, and spent countless dollars on various devices, tanks, juices etc... and TBH I'm tired of throwing good money after the bad.
    It's unfortunate, but it's not uncommon. It appears that every 1 in a couple hundred have had similar experiences to me.

• Agree
    Reactions: Myk

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    • Agree
    Reactions: Myk

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Hello Myk,
    I was curious about the IQOS, but apparently they use PG to add moisture to the tobacco... which at that point it doesn't make any sense to switch.
    Those devices seem over priced as well, and the replacement tobacco cartridges are hard to come by and quite expensive.
    I'll most likely do the patch to ween off nicotine and then just make sure I never smoke again.
    I really wanted vaping to work for me, as i enjoy smoking and it's much safer. I've tried it for almost a year, and spent countless dollars on various devices, tanks, juices etc... and TBH I'm tired of throwing good money after the bad.
    It's unfortunate, but it's not uncommon. It appears that every 1 in a couple hundred have had similar experiences to me.

It's true that most tobacco has PG.
    I had a PG problem with vaping. 10% is my limit. I didn't get headaches but I did think I was getting too much nicotine until I got to 0mg.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I don't recall the pubmeds I browsed pointing @ CM. Different disease here tho.

This is in the Low Dose Smoking and UC study from Emma Calabrese, Henit Yanai, Dmitry Shuster, David T. Rubin, Stephen B. Hanauer (that's now paywalled).

CO.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread