Status
Not open for further replies.

RainbowznStarz

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2008
Fairfax, Va
I've looked and tried searching for this before I asked but haven't really found any info. I've been vaping for 9 days so far. The 2nd day I vaped too much (OD?) and had a severe headache all night long but the biggest symptom I had was I got extremely tired. As in...I couldn't keep my eyes open. They literally would not stay open and I tried hard! I don't vape much throughout the day while I'm at work but on my way home I kind of make up for lost time lol. I vape and vape and vape for about 30 mins. After about 20 mins, I get lightheaded and then the extreme fatigue sets in. I almost had to pull over a couple of times because I thought I was gonna fall asleep while driving.

So my question is this- I am using 18mg juice. I diluted it with about 10 drops of VG. Should I dilute it further? Is the sudden onset of tiredness from the nicotine or is this some bizarre side-effect that only *I* seem to be having?

Thank you and btw I am LOVING e-cigs so far! :D

LakotaRose

Nov 1, 2008
IN USA
While I haven't been fatigued, I also have lightheadness and headaches, and my extremities go weak. At first I thought it was due to vaping, but it wasn't. After a romp through the ER last week, an MRI revealed a colloid cyst. Well, if I have to have a brain tumor, this is the one to have. After surgery, I should recover in a month or so.

Liberate is right. You should get your symptoms checked by a doc. Hopefully, it's one of those "spells" that clear up on it's own. But it's better to know for sure.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
When you say you are diluting it with 10 drops VG....how many drops 18mg are you using? 10 drops too?

It seems everyone's reactions pretty much depend on the person but maybe it is too high all at once. If you're not vaping much in the day then taking in 18mg strength for 30 minutes straight...well....

But to know how much nic you are really vaping, we would need to know your dilution proportions.

Lu

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Lethargic is one thing, falling asleep is another.

I wouldn't lightly dismiss this, but I wouldn't be too worried either. It could be something entirely unrelated to e-smoking, like a virus, and I think you should check with a doctor if it persists. It may be just a flu coming on, or something more serious.

I've heard of people using Cigarettes as a treatment for narcolepsy, a chemical in it keeps you awake. I heard that from someone about 2 years ago. I don't know how true it is, but since your off cigarettes your body isn't getting that chemical, could be a cause. Cigarette smoking causes restlessness and insomnia in some people. I doubt it but who knows. Talk to yoru doctor.

riddle80

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2008
Nashville, TN
My first few days were very weird. I was VERY tired and confused feeling. Especially on the 2nd day. First, I'd thought it was 2 days earlier than what it was. Then (after the panic set in of realizing it was Fri and not Wed) I thought it was my best friends birthday (which is Jan 19 not Dec 19). I sent her an ecard, text message and everything. I don't know what was wrong with me, but I almost felt drugged. I haven't been able to concentrate very well since I started vaping/quit smoking. I'm thinking it has something to do with the quitting smoking part. I'm feeling a bit more "normal" with each passing day, so I'm guessing it will pass. Keep us updated and be careful driving!

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
I just got my first 901. Having to make myself put it down. Have been getting the light headedness, but in an unpleasant way.
I have been, i guess close to a heavy smoker for 30 years. I spend all day looking at a computer screen so i'm interested to see if i get this side effect.
I'll certainly be watching for it now. Guess i'm lucky that i have one more easy day then 4 days off for xmas. :D.

Will keep you posted if this happens to me too.

As everyoen else has said though, if in doubt go talk to your doctor.

Good luck

frazzledglispa

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Denver, CO
Fatigue can also be a symptom of nicotine withdrawal. A few years ago I quit cold turkey for a few months. The first few days I would come home, sit down on my bed, turn on the tv and fall asleep sitting up.

Smoking affects your blood-sugar as well. It can take your body awhile to learn to regulate it again when you reduce your nicotine intake.

If you are really concerned, or it is becoming a problem you should see your doctor

RainbowznStarz

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2008
Fairfax, Va
I've been meaning to come back to this and I kept forgetting (which is not a side-effect from vaping, I just happen to have CRS) ;)

I figured out what it was yesterday...Low blood sugar. Congrats Jhernandez!
I have hypoglycemia and like anything else you are trying to quit, I got the munchies. BAD. All of it was sweets! Right before I would leave work I would buy THREE cookies and eat them before I clocked out. 30 mins later, as I'm driving...WHAM, my blood sugar would bottom out. I knew something weird was going on because it was always at the same time on the same part of the beltway that this kept happening. At no other time or place was I feeling this.

Yesterday I suspected it so I did not eat any sugars all day and whaddya know; I was completely fine and vaping away the whole way home.

So again just in case a newbie searches for side effects, I don't want them to get the wrong impression- MY bizarre situation had nothing to do with the e-cig. It was just me being stupid and consuming way too much sugar than my body can handle.

On a sidenote- I looked up glycerin and the effect it has on Hypoglycemia. If I read the info correctly, glycerin actually HELPS blood sugar problems because of the way its metabolized in the body! How cool is that? :thumb:

Thanks for the advice & well wishes.

jennydotz

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
West Virginia, USA
I have had my 901 for about 24 hours now. Medium Carts, topped with 0 nic liquid. I was very paranoid about nicotine OD since I was coming from ultralights. A generous pack a day, but still ultralights.

I am experiencing the lethargy, foggy confused, must concentrate hard on simple tasks. Spacey, indecisive, dry mouth, mild headache and I want Cocoa COPYRIGHTDMCA. In short, I feel sort of stoned. I haven't felt this in long time. Is there any logical explanation for this? I don't think its too much nic, it's the opposite of heart-pounding hyper. Can't be nic withdrawal, I think I'm in the ballpark there, maybe anothre chemical. I've had a couple analogs to see how they hit me. I've been putting the plastic tar filters on those, but they make me downright lightheaded, haven't smoked more than half of any of them.

I find I only vape a couple drags every hour or so (so far anyway), that does me. I didn't realize how much I over-smoked to beat the clock before the analog burnt out.

Also does anyone know if there is any consistency or regularity to the labels on analogs: Light, UltraLight, etc? I mean I can tell that a friend's Reds are way strong, but what exactly is lighter about a light? Maybe there is more nic in a Winston UltraLight than I thought, or maybe more of some other chemical to make up for it?

Thanks for any ideas!

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I have had my 901 for about 24 hours now. Medium Carts, topped with 0 nic liquid. I was very paranoid about nicotine OD since I was coming from ultralights. A generous pack a day, but still ultralights.

I am experiencing the lethargy, foggy confused, must concentrate hard on simple tasks. Spacey, indecisive, dry mouth, mild headache and I want Cocoa COPYRIGHTDMCA. In short, I feel sort of stoned. I haven't felt this in long time. Is there any logical explanation for this? I don't think its too much nic, it's the opposite of heart-pounding hyper. Can't be nic withdrawal, I think I'm in the ballpark there, maybe anothre chemical. I've had a couple analogs to see how they hit me. I've been putting the plastic tar filters on those, but they make me downright lightheaded, haven't smoked more than half of any of them.

I find I only vape a couple drags every hour or so (so far anyway), that does me. I didn't realize how much I over-smoked to beat the clock before the analog burnt out.

Also does anyone know if there is any consistency or regularity to the labels on analogs: Light, UltraLight, etc? I mean I can tell that a friend's Reds are way strong, but what exactly is lighter about a light? Maybe there is more nic in a Winston UltraLight than I thought, or maybe more of some other chemical to make up for it?

Thanks for any ideas!

Jenny--sounds like you are indeed reporting symptoms of nicotine withdrawl--but who knows--as for "light" --only Carton and Now at .1 mg nicotine were light when it came to nicotine--the rest all refer really to tar and are marketing ploys with regards to tar--most cigarettes range from .7 to 1.2 mg of nicotine--so unless you where smoking a "light" like Carton or Now--You were still getting a good does of nicotine in your cigarettes--Hope that helps--Sun:)

KoS

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2009
VT, USA

Wow thats it exactly. Kind of like being stoned on some crappy greens.:sleep: This is my first day and from the start thats about how I felt. I am a pretty heavy smoker of RYO. Even the low carts have me spacy. Hoping this will pass. Its prob an alergy to PG and that sucks.:(

I did get a bottle of VG so I might have to try and cut. Dont have any nice flavors to bump with though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread