Weird taste of flavour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthevariel

Aug 7, 2018
Poeldijk
Hi guys,

I have a smok OSUB 40W and recently my tank got broken so I couldn't open it to refill or change the coil - I bought a new one, exactly the same as the original one, put in the same coil as I always do, the same flavour as I always do - and yet the flavour feels totally different than before, do you know by any chance what could be the reason?

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
ALWAYS wash new atomizers. A cocktail of chemicals and lubricating/cooling oils are used during the manufacture which as well as tasting nasty are usually toxic as well.
Take the device to pieces including the o-rings and soak in hot water and dish soap. Scrub with a toothbrush and rinse and repeat as required. I have had Chinese clone RDAs that needed four wash cycles till they were clear of the stuff.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah don't slowly poison yourself, it's just not necessary or smart. Also, if the O-rings are at all different (even different colors or whatever) well O-rings are part of a tank, but a disassembly and CLEAN all the way is the best idea.

Is it made of the exact same metal/finish? I swear to God that my Gunmetal Siren V2s (and I have two of EACH) taste and vape `100% differently than my Black Siren V2s, to the point that they could be DIFFERENT MANUFACTURERS.

Folks get all weird about it when I say it, but to me it TOTALLY explains why some folks LOVE the Siren V2 others think it sucks like crazy.

I should do a poll because it is literally a NIGHT AND DAY situation to me. Etc.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Just washed it, did let it soak for a bit and it's better but still not as good as it was before, guess it will get better after a while of using it
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might try adjusting your variable wattage a few tenths (example: 15.5 w to 15 .6 or .7 upward and/or downward .3 -.4 watts etc) while starting vaping and during the vape. Wishing you the best on getting your old taste to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread