Weird things you enjoy about vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr1llmeacheese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2013
Aurora, IL, USA
Pretty much as advertised on the tin. Since beginning my vaping journey a couple months ago I have ebeen easing more and more into it as a routine. At first I chain vaped all day because I was so blown away by how good everything tasted. A couple times getting headaches was all it took to break that habit.

Since then I have noticed there are certain aspects to vaping and working with e juice in general that are somehow comforting to me in the same way the ritual that went with smoking was.

So here are mine.

1. I love the way a freshly shaken bottle of e juice looks with all the tiny bubbles suspended in it.
2. I find it a sort of calming zen-like exercise to clean and rebuild coils.
3. Since starting to use the sites selling small batch hand made juices I love the thought that this bottle is MINE and it was made just for ME.

So go ahead, what are your favorite quirks of vaping? I'm sure I'll think of more.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
1. Tailor making juice to my liking at a fraction of the cost all the US and Can. makers and vendors can.
2. Getting extra life out of my evod and protank heads by cleaning dryburning and replacing the flavour wick.
3. Searching for new product reviews and opinions on ECF while vaping my face off.
4. Trying to help newbs by bombarding them with information and my opinions and advice on ECF.
5. Preaching to and setting up potential new converts.
6. Just the smell of 2nd or 3rd hand smoke is so very repulsive.(less likely to ever pick it up again and I know it)
7. Buying new gadgets then fiddling with them.
8. Not going out into sub-zero weather or rain to get my fix.

Don't really see any of 'em as weird though. Guess I'm off-topic as usual.(that's not weird for me either apparently)

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I like small company mods. I like the idea that someone is out there using his creativity and skills to bring something to the world that is really useful and if cared for, will last a lifetime. Its one of the reasons I don't buy clones.

I too like building coils and wicks.

I like that I can vape at home and no one gets ...... off.

I like that I can vape at work. I work at an oil refinery and would occasionally sneak a cig when I smoked. I blew up a few distillation columns on different occasions. I always managed to blame it on a faulty component from China but I don't think they were gonna buy that if it happened again so thank goodness I don't have to think of another excuse now that I vape.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Talking vaping terms with vaping buddies. My new favorite term I saw on here..."squank" or was it sq..... Hey give me a squank of that mayo on my sandwich.

Squank is the past-participle of squonk.

Squonk [V] To firmly, yet gently press a bottle of juice.

There is also squenk - which is like a squonk, but more gentle.

So the correct usage would be "give me a squonk of that mayo"

Or

"He gave me a squank of that mayo"

I'm totally kidding, I just made most of that up, sorry.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Squank is the past-participle of squonk.

Squonk [V] To firmly, yet gently press a bottle of juice.

There is also squenk - which is like a squonk, but more gentle.

So the correct usage would be "give me a squonk of that mayo"

Or

"He gave me a squank of that mayo"

I'm totally kidding, I just made most of that up, sorry.

Fourthrok says she has to squeenk or she floods. I know that sounds dirty, but it isn't.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Weird things I enjoy about vaping? Well when I saw the graphics I just had to buy this:

sku_53709_7.jpg

It's even more weird in person. The guy on the top of the package looks like GW Bush.

Actually works too, but honest! I only bought it for the graphics!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I find direct dripping very Zen. There's something about repetitive, ritualistic behavior I find soothing. I like reading Eric non-sequiturs; I like talking to my mods (they all have names and different attributes); I like searching the web for images to use in my posts; and I like making graphics - for info and fun.

k2un.gif

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
That fist-pumping business asian is in my opinion the best thing on that package.

YESSSS, VAPE!

The whole thing is freakin' insane! "Hitubes"??? And above the GWB cameo it says "Everyone loves I tubes" - they spelled it wrong in one place - or the other place.

What is really weird - but true - is this arrived at the same time as my free NJoy King sample. Workin' that NJoy King, trying to figure out just what flavor they were shooting for, had a "what the hell" moment and pulled out my hitubes. Charged it up, attached they atty and cart and... tastes just the same as an NJoy King Gold. Not kidding. Considering the NJoy King packaging says it's made in China I guess this shouldn't be that big a surprise.

Get this as your backup instead: Quit Smoking Rechargeable E-Cigarette with 6-Refills (Medium Nicotine) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

At $5.00 it costs about half as much as an NJoy King, it's rechargeable and refillable, and the NJoy King packaging is never gonna give you a WTH? giggle moment. Even if it only lasted as long as an NJoy King - that would be 2 charges - you would still be ahead of the game. :laugh:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
The whole thing is freakin' insane! "Hitubes"??? And above the GWB cameo it says "Everyone loves I tubes" - they spelled it wrong in one place - or the other place.

What is really weird - but true - is this arrived at the same time as my free NJoy King sample. Workin' that NJoy King, trying to figure out just what flavor they were shooting for, had a "what the hell" moment and pulled out my hitubes. Charged it up, attached they atty and cart and... tastes just the same as an NJoy King Gold. Not kidding. Considering the NJoy King packaging says it's made in China I guess this shouldn't be that big a surprise.

Get this as your backup instead: Quit Smoking Rechargeable E-Cigarette with 6-Refills (Medium Nicotine) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

At $5.00 it costs about half as much as an NJoy King, it's rechargeable and refillable, and the NJoy King packaging is never gonna give you a WTH? giggle moment. Even if it only lasted as long as an NJoy King - that would be 2 charges - you would still be ahead of the game. :laugh:lol

I'm glad you explained it. I couldn't figure out what was in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread