Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Let me first say that I'm loving the Turbo cartos in general. They make a standard carto seem pale in comparison to me. I'm wanting to do a review soon (once my friend returns my camera). My issue is this:

My trusty auto batt doesn't like one Turbo in particular; tried adjusting the draw by loosening, etc...nothing... I put it on my manual and perfect...strange...

The auto batt is fully charged and works on other cartos no problem.

Any ideas??

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
Let me first say that I'm loving the Turbo cartos in general. They make a standard carto seem pale in comparison to me. I'm wanting to do a review soon (once my friend returns my camera). My issue is this:

My trusty auto batt doesn't like one Turbo in particular; tried adjusting the draw by loosening, etc...nothing... I put it on my manual and perfect...strange...

The auto batt is fully charged and works on other cartos no problem.

Any ideas??

I wonder if the center post of that carto is just a hair shorter than most. I've had that happen with cartos in general before, that would work on all my other gear. Out of curiosity you might want to try this...

Staple Mod - Filling The Center Conductor Gap

...very popular and handy trick for a couple predicaments -- e.g. when the metals of the center posts may not be making contact, as could be the case here; or when more airflow is needed between a certain batt/connector & atty/carto. In the latter case, it's sometimes used at least temporarily in lieu of certain adapters.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Turbo...so did it work ? I haven't had this happen with the last couple batches but it has happened in the past. Would be good to know if it worked for you.

I gave that carto away before getting a chance to try the staple mod. I guess I could always borrow it back. My guess is it would've worked. If I do I'll report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread