Weird, whitish, gummy residue in mouth after vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

serendipitee

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
Grapevine, TX, USA
I have an eGo, I think.
Cleartomizer with wicks, Max Vapor battery that allows 3 different strengths of hit. Weakest is when it lights up red, medium is when it lights up purple and strongest is when it lights up blue.
I am using a juice called "Vapor Up" purchased at a local smoke store. No indication as to who manufactures it.
It's happened with both the Hazelnut and Watermelon flavors. Hazelnut is zero nicotine and Watermelon is 6mg nicotine.
It leaves sort of a gummy, whitish goo in my mouth, not a tremendous amount but noticeable. When I close my teeth together it sticks just a little bit.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I have an eGo, I think.
Cleartomizer with wicks, Max Vapor battery that allows 3 different strengths of hit. Weakest is when it lights up red, medium is when it lights up purple and strongest is when it lights up blue.
I am using a juice called "Vapor Up" purchased at a local smoke store. No indication as to who manufactures it.
It's happened with both the Hazelnut and Watermelon flavors. Hazelnut is zero nicotine and Watermelon is 6mg nicotine.
It leaves sort of a gummy, whitish goo in my mouth, not a tremendous amount but noticeable. When I close my teeth together it sticks just a little bit.

I've never had anything like this happen myself. I wouldn't think the equipment has anything to do with it - standard pv and clearo. I'd say something in the juice. Maybe its happened to others - I've never noticed anything like this vaping tho.

RadarLuv1

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2013
TX
Your not tipping that thing like your drinking it are you? It is possible to accidentally get the ejuice in your mouth and that's no good. Wash mouth out asap. Also what kind of a clearomizer is it? short or long string wicks?

Well, you are vaping glycerine and or glycol, it is a little waxy, no? I just chalk that up to the waxy like substance. Just brush your teeth a lot. Remember when you were a kid and during Halloween you would put those wax teeth into your mouth? Same feeling. No harm done, Same compound, I think, only thicker in the waxy teeth at halloween.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Your not tipping that thing like your drinking it are you? It is possible to accidentally get the ejuice in your mouth and that's no good. Wash mouth out asap. Also what kind of a clearomizer is it? short or long string wicks?

It's more than just possible. Unfortunately, getting a mouthful of juice is an ongoing hazard. You get used to it.

RadarLuv1

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2013
TX
Maybe i haven't been vaping long enough to experience. I'm an Entrepreneur and looking to invest in this new market. Seems like this market will do a lot of good. How often do you all use your vapors before you start to feel that gummy feeling?

I have some ideas myself. But I am not an entrepreneur.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
How often do you vape in a day and how much juice do you use? Do you, i would love to pick your brain with these ideas you have. If you don't mind ;)

There are other threads with those topics. Just do a search. You'd be hard pressed to come up with a new question from an "investment-research" standpoint. Kinda Off-topic IMHO.

@OP (Radar)....Do you chew gum or are eating something else while vaping? I've never had this with my juice...but it all depends on the juice I guess. But---bleck! If it's in your mouth, it could get in your lungs too depending on the cause. So......I'd swap juice. I'd also tear apart a carto/clear/whatever and make sure it's not ...filler disappearing.

Maybe the PG/VG is the source. Maybe it's reacting with something else. Maybe it's quitting adjustments (you get cold-like symptoms for a bit too when you come off tobacco).

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
Rabies, I hear many animals can get this.... Oh wait do animals Vape, ummm, think not so cancel that idea.

Hehehe

I'll assume your possibly getting some liquid in mouth, and the oils are reacting with your saliva, to my knowledge it's a by product and not harmful unless u drink the liquid, I suggest don't drink Eliquid. Also drink lots and lots of water while Vaping and see if it clears up, also try a different mixture of pg/VG ratio.
Hope u resolve your dilemma, and can Vape happily. Tata...

candimccann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
Lenexa, KS, US
www.youtube.com
Dry mouth - drink more fluids

Also, the skin in your mouth is healing itself and renewing itself after years of poison -- that's why our taste buds go wonky -- so this may contribute to your gunky situation.

Brush often to help sluff away dead skin in the mouth, and keep up with the fluids.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
Anyone else notice a weird, whitish, gummy residue in your mouth after vaping?

There was another thread recently that touched on this subject. I've been vaping for 15 months and the only time I've had this type of film in my mouth was when I used tooth whitening toothpaste and whitening mouthwash. It's not from vaping. If you don't use any kind of tooth whitening product, I strongly suggest you see your dentist. It may be something else that is causing it unrelated to vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread