Weirdest things you've seen converted into mods? Photos??

Status
Not open for further replies.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Hey there! I'm relatively new at exploring wonderful world of modding, and couldn't solder or mess with electronics to save my life, but I'm continually fascinated at the stuff you experienced mod guys create... and out of the wildest stuff! So today I ran across this adorable little $15 steampunk looking robot guy made from recycled iron with his own (nonfunctional) meter in his chest, and the first thing that popped into my head was 'I'll bet someone would make a mod out of him!'. My second thought was 'Man.. you are spending WAY too much time on ecf!'. rofl

So here he is, in all his adorable glory. Wonder if any of you will figure out a way to turn him into mod. And wondering what are the weirdest things you've seen made into mods, and any photos would be fabulous if you have em. ;)
RobotAVS11.jpg
http://www.cb2.com/under-$15/gifts/robot/f6543?cid=email

rustybikes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2011
Concord, NC
I doubt it counts as "wierd", but I recently built a mod from an artifact from my years of smoking:

IMG_0832.jpg

It's a tin from one of the "Camel Exotic Blends" that RJR sold a while back. I came across one in a cabinet a while back and had the irresistible urge to make a mod with it. I used the VV kit from Madvapes along with the voltage display from them as well:

IMG_0829.jpg

The voltage display is permanently wired, so it always reads when firing the atty, and is easily dialed in with the pot. This was only my third or fourth mod, and it works wonderfully. Plenty of room in the box to glue things down:

IMG_0834.jpg

I'm already having ideas about building another one. With a different arrangement of the components, it should be reasonably easy to leave room to unscrew the CE2 and put it in the box when I'm not vaping.

I'd really like to build a wooden box mod at some point, but we all gotta start somewhere... :)

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Oooh, I really like that! What is that, some sort of metal cig case, like an altoids tin? Very cool! Geez, you can buy blank altoids tins in stainless at michaels... hm. Now you've got me thinking. And they have that cool process you can use to etch that metal. That definitely has possibilities. Very clever idea!

rustybikes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2011
Concord, NC
Thanks orachel!

It's pretty much exactly like the Altoids tin mod, just with a different shape. It was a rare extravagance in mainstream cigarette marketing to get a metal box with your smokes in it. It's been a while since I've had any Altoids around, but I seem to remember the tin being just a little thicker. Working with stainless is probably a little different, but very do-able.

In addition to the Altoids mod, I've seen some discussion around using a Camel snus tin (sensing a theme here. ha.) the same way. Having more ideas. :2cool:

Reveen

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
South Dakota
I doubt it counts as "wierd", but I recently built a mod from an artifact from my years of smoking:

IMG_0832.jpg

It's a tin from one of the "Camel Exotic Blends" that RJR sold a while back. I came across one in a cabinet a while back and had the irresistible urge to make a mod with it. I used the VV kit from Madvapes along with the voltage display from them as well:

IMG_0829.jpg

The voltage display is permanently wired, so it always reads when firing the atty, and is easily dialed in with the pot. This was only my third or fourth mod, and it works wonderfully. Plenty of room in the box to glue things down:

IMG_0834.jpg

I'm already having ideas about building another one. With a different arrangement of the components, it should be reasonably easy to leave room to unscrew the CE2 and put it in the box when I'm not vaping.

I'd really like to build a wooden box mod at some point, but we all gotta start somewhere... :)

Awesome! I used to LOVE Izmir Stingers. I probably had 30+ of those tins lying around at some point. That was a long time ago . . . as I haven't even seen those analogs for 5+ years. Anyway, nice work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread