The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

WELCOME NEWBIES - Thread

Discussion in 'Smokeless Image' started by Imagine, Feb 17, 2012.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Imagine

Imagine Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    OHIO USA
    welcome :thumbs: glad you made it!

2. homeprogreen

homeprogreen Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    Sonora CA
    Thanks. I think I have almost tried all the gear smokeless image offers in the last month. Only thing I haven't tried is T3 and spinner. Just ordered T3 so I guess spinner is going on next order

3. dopey81

dopey81 Full Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Chicago IL
    Just wanted to say hi, I'm new to the forums and just got the volt starter kit a few days ago and really enjoying it.

4. homeprogreen

homeprogreen Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    Sonora CA
    Good place to start. I used mine for about a week then upgraded to ego battery's

5. John Alexander

John Alexander Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    On the back nine
    I think they are, but you have to give them a few tries to get used to them. I didn't like mine that much at first, but suddenly it's my favorite battery.

6. Imagine

Mar 16, 2011
    OHIO USA
  7. TheOnlyCindy

TheOnlyCindy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Welcome to all the newbies! :)

8. kblush

kblush Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 21, 2011
    San Diego
    Hi all! :) I'm not a newbie to Volt, but I am to the Volt X2 batteries! Of course I love the power so I don't have to charge it as often as the regular 78mm batteries, but can you hold it between your fingers and use it like you do a cig? (This is important to me because what works for me is something that closely resembles smoking.) Mods, although convenient, powerful, and cool looking, don't do it for me because the experience is too far removed from the experience of smoking cigs. Thanks!:vapor:

9. awsum140

awsum140 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Blush, the X2's are great. They have, at minimum, at least double the capacity of a 78mm. They are more the size of a cigar than a cigarette, however, and are double the weight. I manage to hold an X-650 in my mouth, using lip power, but it can get dicey. I dropped one into a pot of marinara sauce I was cooking last fall. Thankfully, the sauce was thick and the X2 didn't sink or go completely submerged. I did vape garlic and marinara for a little while though, not my favorite flavor to vape!

10. kblush

Dec 21, 2011
    San Diego
    Thanks for the reply awsum! Marinara Sauce! A new e-juice flavor maybe? Hey, if they sell bacon ejuice why not! :D Anyway, I'm guessing you mean those inexpensive small cigars with the plastic tip on the end to smoke them and not a full size cigar! I'm willing to give up hanging my ecig from my mouth, but I'd like to hold it between my fingers to hold it like a cig. I'll have to buy one and try it out! They sound awesome!

11. awsum140

Supporting member
    You could "skip a step" and go right to the Spinner, the same basic size as an X2 but variable voltage so you can "tune" it to your specific taste. They can be held between the fingers, but more like wrapping a finger around them rather than just between fingers.

12. kblush

Dec 21, 2011
    San Diego
    Thanks awsum for explaining it would be more like wrapping a finger around it. I think that sounds ok, I just tried it with one of my thicker pens! My other concern with the X2 is that I don't like cones, so I think it would look unusual with my carto on it. I have to top off cartos many, many times a day, which is annoying, but I just love the SI cartos and would hate to give them up. I've never tried a clearomizer but I'm kind of hesitant because I always hear about every single kind of tank or clearo leaking! What do you use on your X2?
    P.S. About the spinner, I would like to do that but I can't because I'm so obsessive I'd be turning that dial all day long! Even if I thought I found the perfect voltage!! lol

13. awsum140

Supporting member
    If you use the XL carto on an X2 the cone looks kind of nice, plus you get the advantage of 1.5ml capacity over the 1ml of a standard carto without giving up SI cartos. The clearos work well and have a 1.6ml capacity and the T3 is my favorite at 3ml. Both the clearo and T3 are much easier to fill than a carto and you can see exactly how much liquid you have left. Being somewhat of a chainvaper I really like that feature.

14. adam13omb

adam13omb Full Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Northwest AR
    Ah with my restriction lifted I can join in on the conversations here. Hi SI it's nice to meet you. :)

15. kblush

Dec 21, 2011
    San Diego
    Chainvaper here too. I think I'm going to have to take the leap and just get an X2 and some type of clearo SI offers. Believe me, if I could put something on the X2 that held 3ml of juice and worked I would be very happy! I'm going to check out the T3. Then I wouldn't need a cone and it would look nice. Great idea about the XL cartos!

16. kblush

Dec 21, 2011
    San Diego
    If you had a 'restriction' lifted, I think you 'should' be good this time! lol *Just in a teasing mood I guess!* :D Welcome back!

17. Imagine

Mar 16, 2011
    OHIO USA
    welcome :)

18. awsum140

Supporting member
    Who fell asleep first, you or the baby? LOL

19. adam13omb

adam13omb Full Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Northwest AR
    It was a mutual thing after a long, hard, fussy day. :)

20. StrangeShay

StrangeShay Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2013
    Outside of DC in MD
    And who was fussier, your or the baby?