• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Welcome North Texas Vapers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishopkenneth

Dec 27, 2009
Denison, TX
Hi all; I'm Ken Myers, 50; pastor a church up in Sherman, TX. Been an avid cigar smoker for 15 years, and just tonight discovered ecigs (from my nephew who is visiting for the week). SO, I'm loaded with questions and thought maybe someone could help...

1. What's a good ecig to get for starters (with which I can change flavors)?
2. Is there an e-cigar that tastes like a GOOD cigar? Anyone tried a disposable cigar?
3. What about flavors? My wife smokes cloves sometimes; and we both enjoy a hookah with rose, mint, etc.
4. Anywhere in DFW area (I'm up in Sherman) that carries any of the things you'd recommend in 1-3?

Thanks a bunch!

Bishop Ken

Fodder4U

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
The Colony, Texas
Hi Bishop Ken,

I am not familiar with the E Cigars other than I saw a youtube review of some and it would appear they do not put out a lot of vapor but have lots of taste. I am down south of you in lower Denton county and do not know if there are any suppliers out your way. There are plenty of online vendors though. I started with a Joye 510 as my first and still my main e-cig. I got mine from the nice ladies at Cignot.com

Fodder4U

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
The Colony, Texas
Very cool. I just recently got one of their uber kr808 kits as my second e-cig. My favorite flavor so far is Cherry at 36mg nicotine and it was nice to see they had carts with that flavor and strength. They were even nice enough to throw in 5 of those as well as 5 different flavors to try (I ordered and received it it right before Xmas so I am not sure if it was a bonus for the holiday or if that is normal for them). So far the 808 is pretty good but not as strong as my 510 so I will be using the 808 when I am out and about and continue with the 510 as my primary.

I also have a Protege battery mod from Puresmoker with both the 510 and 808 adapters that I use when out and about and then I have the USB passthroughs to use while at the computer either at work or at home to save on the batteries.

I just ordered some parts to build my first battery mod (I plan on building a few Nicostiks which can be found on these forums in the mods section) and will give those a whirl.

Edit:

I also forgot to mention that you may want to order some blank carts and get some juice of your own liking and refill them with that. It is cheaper that way. I have been doing that with the 36mg double flavored cherry I have from myfreedomsmokes.com

Last edited:

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Howdy y'all. Is Abilene too far west for y'all's group? That's where I live and work now, previously lived in the RGV for 5 years. I grew up in Denton (DHS class of 81). Most of my family still lives near Denton.

I'm a single mom, physician at a State Supported Living Center (formerly known as the "State School"). I started vaping this past July and was tobacco free on my birthday July 23. I am a board member and medical consultant to CASAA. This unusual for me because I've never been an activist, but I couldn't sit back and let my PV be taken away from me without a fight.

discoqueen

Jan 1, 2010
    Texas
    Just wanted to jump in and say hello! The hubby and I just got our new kits from V4L today, although we have been vaping for about 6 months off & on - more off than on.
    However, the new kits have us absolutely convinced that we don't need the stupid analogs anymore! :D

We're near the Frisco/McKinney border, and would love to meet up with some other vapers in the not too distant future!

bishopkenneth

Dec 27, 2009
    Denison, TX
    Hey Discoqueen - I'm almost your neighbor - I'm in Sherman get down to N Dallas, Frisco, McKinney all the time. I've never been on "analog" cigarettes, but love good cigars; have been smoking cigars for 15 years; just started vaping last week and love it. It would indeed be fun to have some kind of meet up - we could use my church building (mycathedral.net)!

+Ken

discoqueen

Jan 1, 2010
    Texas
    BishopKenneth - the hubs and I lived in Denison from 2001-2003 when we first moved to Texas, so I have a pretty good idea of where you are!

I agree about the meetup! We need to get this rolling so I can share my vaping excitement with others that understand! :D

I am proud to say that I have only had 3.5 analogs so far today. That's a huge feat from practically smoking a whole pack by this time in the past. :thumbs:

bishopkenneth

Dec 27, 2009
    Denison, TX
    BishopKenneth - the hubs and I lived in Denison from 2001-2003 when we first moved to Texas, so I have a pretty good idea of where you are!

I agree about the meetup! We need to get this rolling so I can share my vaping excitement with others that understand! :D

I am proud to say that I have only had 3.5 analogs so far today. That's a huge feat from practically smoking a whole pack by this time in the past. :thumbs:

I live in Denison, the church is in Sherman - Congratulations on the huge cut-down on analogs...seriously, keep in touch - maybe we can do some meet up - plan it a bit ahead on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon or evening. Not sure what a meet up should entail other than folk getting together, snacking, sharing vapes and stories.

DUFFMAN

Jan 10, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Hey everyone my name is Frank and I live in Plano...just across the Bush from Dallas. Well I started out with a Red Dragon (E9/U9) in December then onto a Bartleby now I am waiting for my Juice Box.:D I smoked analogs on and off for about 20 years, before I came across ECigs during the holidays. I gotta say that I really do hope PV's/Ecigs are here to stay so it would be really cool if our nosy government keeps their BIG nose out of our fun!!!

One thing I wanted to ask is if anyone here knows where to buy flavorings (Loraan?) I have a 50ml of 48mg juice and all it needs is to be parted out in several bottles with different flavorings. I have tried Hobby Lobbys and Wal-Marts...with no luck. Lemme know where YOU go!!

L8tr H8trs!!

spraintz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 18, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Hello all,

I'm here in Farmers Branch, been e-smokin for about a 1.5 months and my woman has been for almost a month. I have a Blu kit (don't hate, it's a good backup kit) and of course my 510 ;) I use 24mg custom liquid from a guy on another forum and it rocks.

Good to see that there are north Texas folks rockin e-cigs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread