The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

>>>Welcome to SGVapers, Newbies Introduce Yourself here!<<<

Discussion in 'SG Vapers' started by Syn007, Apr 30, 2013.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Syn007

Syn007 Ashes to Ashless Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 13, 2011
    GreenEarth
    Welcome to SG Vapers! This is the place for you to introduce yourself and get acquainted with members who are already here.

Before you start to post, do get familiarized with our in-house rules and common FAQ here :
    Helpful Guidelines for Local Vapers, Newbie to Veteran | E-Cigarette Forum
    Newbies Q&A Thread. [PLEASE READ] | E-Cigarette Forum

Next, do get your account verified :
    How To Become A Verified Member | E-Cigarette Forum
    Getting verified will put a real personal ID behind your nickname that is not shared and is only visible to a few select ECF Staff.
    Other members can trust you more. It also ensures you are not an underage member. Members below 18years are not welcome here.

Important points to note :
    * Strictly no sourcing of supplies here (directly or indirectly). All such post will be deleted.
    * PM solicitation for sales are not allowed in ECF. If you receive such cold-calling PM from suppliers who try to sell you stuff, do use the Report feature on the bottom of the post.
    * Beware of unregistered suppliers. They are not authorized to conduct any business in ECF and you risk falling prey to scams.
    * Our location shall not be stated explicitly, pls use 'local' or 'here'.

Intro yourself a little. Tell us how you get to know about vaping and how it improves the quality of your life. If you haven't even started yet, this is a chance for you to find out more before taking the leap.

May the journey into the vaping world be a rewarding one for you!

• Like Like x 21
  2. Syn007

Syn007 Ashes to Ashless Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 13, 2011
    GreenEarth
    Older members may intro yourself here too if you feel like doing so :vapor:

3. Night_Rider

Night_Rider Full Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Nanyang
    As mentioned in my previous post, I was recommended by someone whom I spotted vaping near my office.

I've been smoking 1 PAD for the last 15 years and after countless of attempts, still unable to quit. Doing my research online, e-cig seems to be a really effective way to kick the habit. Hoping I'll be able to start this journey soon.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Ash45

Ash45 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2013
    Unknown
    Good job creating this thread mods/admins !

Now things are starting to look a 'lil more organized...:thumbs:

5. G A N D A L F

G A N D A L F Full Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Singapore
    Newbie here and would be happy to meet new vaping buddies specially here in sg. Hope you all are enjoying your juices and mods, vape on brothers! :)

6. Roadrunner

Roadrunner Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    Hammerparty
    hi all! still a newbie here.. learnt alot from this section and forum from all the lao jiaos . cheers!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Full Member Verified Member

Apr 28, 2013
    No Freedom Island
    Hey all! Just found out about vaping not too long ago. Wanted to quit my shisha addiction too. Look forward to vaping soon!:)

8. chongczt

chongczt Full Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Little Red Dot
    Hi all, awaiting for mine to arrive, just checked and it's in SG alr, can't wait! Happy vaping everyone. :vapor:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Reikoku

Reikoku Full Member Verified Member

May 1, 2013
    Gotham
    Sup fellas, just started vaping last weekend. Turns out the eGo Twist I got is fake, should really have known considering where I bought it, and though it seems to work well enough I'll hopefully replace it with something legit soon. It'll do for now though, just gonna keep calm and carry on vaping. Not sure how much I'll actually save from not smoking as this could really turn into a hobby for me! Cheers. :toast:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ash45

Ash45 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2013
    Unknown
    Welcome all!

Finally we've some who'd read the stickies... Good job!

11. Domtine

Domtine Lim Peh Verified Member ECF Veteran

Actually it may not be fake. There are 10,000 factories in China churning these things out by the truck loads and everyone calls it Ego Twist. Unless you were told that you are buying XXX brand Ego Twist by ended up with XYZ brand Ego Twist.

I have seen XXX Ego Twist, YYY Ego Twist, ZZZ Ego Twist and they all work like what Ego Twist works like. Maybe the diff lies in the durability of the batteries.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Reikoku

May 1, 2013
    Gotham
    Well I used this link to try and verify:
    Q50: How can I know I am getting a genuine Joyetech eGo-C Twist and not a knockoff?
    Mine has no logo on the bottom but does say 'eGo-C Twist' at the side and five threads on the eGo connection. It also only ever has a blue light, no white light at all.

One other thing is a ViVi Nova (most likely fake) I bought at the same time doesn't screw in at all, either the connection on the tank is too small or the one on the battery is too thick. I don't have anything else with a 510 connection to test with so I'm using the CE4v2 Clearomizer (most likely also fake lol) it came with for now, but it didn't come with any replace heads so I'm kind of worried that it'll die and I'll be left vapeless. Apart from that issue it seems to function perfectly well though and the battery lasts me all day.

13. ageingsailor

ageingsailor Full Member

Apr 30, 2013
    local
    hello, newbies here.
    I bought a weird brand - Angel...
    searched the web and seems like no parts of it can be bought separately.
    so thinking of getting an ego..
    still researching what are the difference in the different models

14. 78aukab

78aukab Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

hmmm i also got a fake Ego,
    but right now as long as i can vape as per normal, its doesnt matter.
    waiting to find the right onw..

• Like Like x 1
  15. ribbitz

ribbitz Full Member Verified Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Secret
    Having same issues as well...end day it's really a matter of luck.
    Heard from china vapers that the factories are just into mass production mode to cope with rising demand especially in the USA.
    Nobody really knows who is the "original" as items are copied over and over with new modifications done and calling it Brand ABC...
    Case in point will be like the CE4,CE4+,Stardust etc...
    Looks the same,functions the same but different naming conventions,pricing and even descriptions.
    When i started vaping i ordered all just to try out since they were cheap and surprisingly the major differences i found were colour accuracy and maybe plastic build(if you're really anal about details)
    Batteries wise i really believe its a similar issue,different life spans i guess?
    For now,having ANY vapeable device is godsent to people of the tiny red dot :vapor:

16. Famous stars

Famous stars Full Member Verified Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Local
    Hi all! New to vaping.. Looking to smoke my last pack if cigs by end of the week! :)

• Like Like x 3
  17. Equus5O

Equus5O Senior Member ECF Veteran

My brother started vaping a few months ago. He told me about and let me try his. It's taken me a month or so, but I'm expecting my "stuff" to arrive in the mail tomorrow, so I can become a vaper too! I am so looking forward to it. I think this will be when I can finally let go of the cigarettes.

18. Noob Saibot

Noob Saibot Full Member Verified Member

Feb 27, 2013
    No house
    I think mine is a ego-t knock off too..but the batt is rated at 1300mah.. So far it could last me over a day of heavy vaporing..

19. alvinado

alvinado Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2010
    US/SG
    And get yourself verified

• Like Like x 1
  20. Reikoku

May 1, 2013
    Gotham
    Same with mine. No issues with it but I am slightly worried about the 510 threading. Hopefully I'll get some more clearos/carts in to test with. The Stardust I had has actually died so I'm using a cig-a-like which really sucks and I'm back on analogs again until I get some more.