• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

>>>Welcome to SGVapers, Newbies Introduce Yourself here!<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syn007

Ashes to Ashless
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
GreenEarth
Welcome to SG Vapers! This is the place for you to introduce yourself and get acquainted with members who are already here.

Before you start to post, do get familiarized with our in-house rules and common FAQ here :
Helpful Guidelines for Local Vapers, Newbie to Veteran | E-Cigarette Forum
Newbies Q&A Thread. [PLEASE READ] | E-Cigarette Forum

Next, do get your account verified :
How To Become A Verified Member | E-Cigarette Forum
Getting verified will put a real personal ID behind your nickname that is not shared and is only visible to a few select ECF Staff.

Other members can trust you more. It also ensures you are not an underage member. Members below 18years are not welcome here.

Important points to note :
* Strictly no sourcing of supplies here (directly or indirectly). All such post will be deleted.
* PM solicitation for sales are not allowed in ECF. If you receive such cold-calling PM from suppliers who try to sell you stuff, do use the Report feature on the bottom of the post.
* Beware of unregistered suppliers. They are not authorized to conduct any business in ECF and you risk falling prey to scams.
* Our location shall not be stated explicitly, pls use 'local' or 'here'.

Intro yourself a little. Tell us how you get to know about vaping and how it improves the quality of your life. If you haven't even started yet, this is a chance for you to find out more before taking the leap.

May the journey into the vaping world be a rewarding one for you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, I am not a new vaper, I was here since 2010 back when eGo was considered a premium product, but have been inactive for afew year. Back then I desperatedly sourced for a way to get ecigs into sg and got advice from some people who don't seem to be active here anymore. I found damn cheap wholesalers from china and bought in bulk, used my supply of dekang juice and ce4 clearomizers for years. As I didn't know any other vapers, I never kept up with the latest technology. Until earlier in the year when my dhl shipment was stopped by customs that I began to find other ways to get them. That was when I realised everyone was using box mods and making their own coils, and in recent years many new local vapers have emerged. So I went on to relearn all the new technology and study them in the forums, which brings me here once again.

Merry vaping Xmas everyone.

Night_Rider

Apr 30, 2013
Nanyang
As mentioned in my previous post, I was recommended by someone whom I spotted vaping near my office.

I've been smoking 1 PAD for the last 15 years and after countless of attempts, still unable to quit. Doing my research online, e-cig seems to be a really effective way to kick the habit. Hoping I'll be able to start this journey soon.

Protap3r

Oct 5, 2015
SG
Been lurking around for awhile now and it's about time I sign up for an account.

Hi guys, been vaping for 2 months now. Completely stopped smoking on the day I've got my mod and gear. Also an avid DIY homebrewer. Looking forward to a fruitful time in this community, Godspeed to me and everyone else. :2cool:

seraphe

Account closed on request
Aug 19, 2015
1E150242-8086-400D-86D8-8375BC5D5D2D.jpg

Actually I bring 4 x 15ml and 6 x 18350 with me. For lighter a half day out, just 1 x 15ml and 2 batteries.

loll88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
I would like to ask a qn to the peeps out there, what is the difference between the pen like ones and the box shape one?

Well I think he/she is referring to the standard ego batteries (15w max) with a standard clearo (ce5, evods, etc.). Mods may not have to be in a box shape offers more power (30-150w, depending on model). Pretty huge vapor production and more flavor (in short). Just search it up in the main forum. Mods may seem more "cool" but there's alot to learn.

Minzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Syonando

Comrade Vape

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2015
Local
Hey everyone new here as well.. will never forget my first experience back in 2012 with the famous e-Health cigalike. Followed by the good ol' eGo c-twist before another spell of analogues all the way until recently when I decided to put my foot down and give it another shot.

Well the technology has not disappointed to say the least. Taking a leaf from a friend's playbook I plunged in straight into a IPV 4S + Subtank Mini. One thing led to another (went crazy) and I currently have 3 different subtanks now hahaha. It's been awesome. Been a month and a half and down from a pack a day to perhaps 2 sticks a week. Would love to learn and share with you honchos! :):)

lsecretl

Oct 20, 2015
Hello everyone,

New vaper here (only 2 days old) ;)

Been on analog for 22 years and doing a pack a day now.... Moving to cape to try and lower analog first then hopefully quit all together for attempt at better health and not stink in front of my children and clients

Kanger subtank mini with IPv4S

Comrade Vape

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2015
Local
Hi Just ordered my 1st subox mini...would like to know whether I should get extra batt or any other accessories just in case? Any advice? Tks for ur help :)

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Battery: Samsung 25R, LG HG2, Sony VTC4/5. Chant this over and over out loud twice a day for about half an hour. This is known in Vapism as the Battery Sutra.

Accessories wise, if you're really a klutz, you'd do well with a spare tank or rather, spare pyrex glass.

Raynecloud

Jul 7, 2015
Hi all,

I used to be an analog smoker for almost 10 years. Been vapin' full time for sometime now.

Started out with a ECig more or less 3years ago. Then an Ego, and now having my 2nd Mod which is an ESquare DNA40.

I started out months back with a Smok XPro M80 Plus with a Kanger Subtank Mini (Clone) with RBA for a day to day vape. Tried RDAs but not really a fan.

I thought i can be totally clean from both Smoking and Vaping, so i sold my Mod to a friend in hopes he can stop smoking as well.

But i regretted as i started smoking once again after 2weeks and bought a new setup.

Back to my RBA Builds!

Current Setup:

-ESquare with Evolv DNA40
-UWell Crown (Black edition) (Authentic)
-Smok TFV4 (Authentic)
-Solotech 18650s (2600mAh 40A)

Just started out using Temperature Control, and i totally love it.

Hoping to gain more knowledge from you guys here.

Thanks.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
dual 18650, triple 18650, evic mini, ipvd3 i read until all ???? not sure which is easier for noobie to start with.
In general
  • The more batteries that a mod takes the longer you will be able to vape before you have to recharge the batteries.
  • The more batteries that a mod takes the larger a mod will be (in general).
  • If the mod uses more than one battery the batteries have to be married (i.e. use together, charge together, never separate).
  • If the mod uses more than one battery you will need to purchase 2x the amount used in one mod. 1 set to use in mod (while the other set is charging).
  • Some mods (like the eVic VTC Mini & IVP D3) offer/can be run in temperature control mode (in addition to power/wattage mode). Kanthal coils (and some stainless steel (if the Ω are high enough) are used in power/wattage mode. Ni200, Titanium, Stainless Steel (very low Ω) coil can be used in a mod that offers temp control (run in TC mode) -- if the mod allows it. What is Temperature Control.
Your best bet to get something you will like and understand how to use is to:
  • Go out to youtube and watch some reviews on the mods/tanks you are interested in (to see how they work).
  • If you still have questions, start a thread in the New Members Forum, and ask for some clarification. There are many more members answering questions there (as compared to the SG Forum).
  • Once you have done this, start a thread in the SG Vapers forum or New Members Forum and ask for some recommendations (based on the mods/tanks you are interest in/able to source locally). Members posting in the New Members will not know what mods/tanks are available to you as most live in the US & EU, so you would have to tell them what is available to you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread