The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Welcome to Wisconsin...

Discussion in 'Behind the Cheddar Curtain' started by nyabzns, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. nyabzns

nyabzns Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2009
    Midwest , USA
    My apologies in advance if there is a similar thread, I didn't see one.

I just thought I'd introduce myself since I was recently introduced to this group. I'm new to Milwaukee, sort of. I've been in the area a little over 2 years after giving up on the dire economic conditions far south of the Windy city. Hopefully the cheese heads in this group are kind to Tarheels.

I've been analog free for over 3 years using e-cigs. I'll admit I still use a nicotine strength of 18 mg, sometimes 12mg but even with the need for a nicotine fix, getting without analogs has been a great health improvement.

So, is everyone here originally from Wisconsin or is it a mix of lifelong cheese heads and transplants ? ;)

2. MlrGrl

MlrGrl Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Welcome nyabzns!
    I'm also am a transplant to Wisconsin. Will be 15 years ago in Oct. I was told I officially became a Wisconsinite this summer when I finally gave in and set out chairs for a parade - then left for a couple hours. Still can't see myself doing that the night before, but never say never ;)

North, south or west - which area do you live in? We have members here from around Wauatosa, West Allis, Oak Creek, South Milwaukee and points in between.

3. thomas_mikel

thomas_mikel Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2010
    Winterfell
  4. nyabzns

Sep 26, 2009
    Midwest , USA
    I live on the northwest part of Milwaukee near the Mayfair mall and work in Waukesha. Originally from NC, and an adopted Canadian. LOL

5. MlrGrl

Apr 27, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    As I'm thinking about it, I think Vicks and C-Kool are the only pure blood natives? ;)

6. MlrGrl

Apr 27, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Sweet! Not far away at all!
    Oh....and I'm also at the 18mg level. Always have been, with some 24m to stick in the old eGo on my high stealth, minimal take a hit kind of days.

Makes me wonder - what level are others using as normal? I once tried to lower myself, but I was (and still am) so surprised I wasn't smoking, I just decided it wasn't high on my "next goal to set" meter.

7. harmony gardens

harmony gardens Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I was born in Oconomowoc. :)

8. MlrGrl

Apr 27, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    HARMONY!! How the heck are you?
    Hope things are good in your neck of the woods :)

9. harmony gardens

harmony gardens Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Hi MlrGrl!!

Well, I'm fine myself, but unfortunately my mom isn't doing very well. After a long string of illnesses, she now has been diagnosed with liver cancer. She's enrolled in hospice, and I've been enlisted as the primary caregiver. She wants to stay in her home as long as possible, and I'm doing my best to make that happen for her.

Prayers are always appreciated!! Hugs!

10. MlrGrl

Apr 27, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Oh hon...I'm so sorry to hear that. Prayers will continue for you and your family.
    You are a wonderful son.

11. thexpizzaman

thexpizzaman Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2010
    Menomonie Wisconsin
    born here also...LaCrosse, then West Salem, then Sparta, and now Menomonie.

12. nyabzns

Sep 26, 2009
    Midwest , USA
    Nice trike !

13. KalNoodle

KalNoodle Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Hey all!
    I'm another Cheesehead! I was a member for a couple months last year, but then left the vaping scene. Now, I'm back. I was born in Cali, but my parents moved here to raise me when I only 3 months old. I'm from the Appleton/Oshkosh area.

Go Pack Go!
    Kallie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.