• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Well crap, back to the biologics

Status
Not open for further replies.

deliza

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
St Louis Metro
After enjoying about 6 months of medication free remission, I have to start taking biologic injections for my ankylosing spondylitis again. I was doing great until April, but since then I've had roving joint flares and anterior uveitis in one eye or the other (or in the case of 5 very memorable weeks, both eyes at the same time). I've been putting off going back on them, mainly because they are frigging expensive (the new one I have been perscribed runs about 2 grand a month, but fortunately my insurance will pay all but $100, still, thats a bite in the budget), but I got the slapdown from the rheumatologist today (been getting it from my husband for a few months :) ) Do you want to go blind, do you want your spine to fuse, blah, blah, blah, blah........ Anyway, I feel just a bit less pi**y about it, now that I've ranted a bit.

One thing on the light side, I told him about my switch to e-cigs....... his response: An electronic cigarette? How cool is that?

deliza

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
St Louis Metro
Ha! Funny how men are that way isn't it. Chad tried to slice his fingertip off with a jullienne (sp) slicer in the kitchen once. While he's standing with a towel wrapped around it, refusing to let me see it, I ask him "is it bad enough that you need to go to the hospital?" to which I get a resounding "NO!" My next question was "if it where on my hand would you consider it bad enough to go to the hospital?" This was met with a resentful stare and a few colorful expressions muttered under his breath. Men! I swear he could cut off his own head, and he'd just want to reattach it with some electrical tape...............

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I hear that! Mike had a heart attack while driving us to Tampa, I looked at him and asked what was wrong..he said NOTHING, just tired. About 2 hours later we were shopping at MacDill A.F.B. where he colapsed. On the way down..he stopped him self with the cart and said he tripped..he still wouldn't admit he was sick! After being on the floor for a second I yelled for help (They are used to this type of stuff because of all the retiree's) He was taken to MacDill and then sent to Tampa General, Thanks goodness! (best cardio care in Tampa) He had had 3 of these in one day and never told me a thing!
Triple by pass, a week in the hospital..no arm pain, no chest pain just a jaw pain. he said he thought it was a toothache.
I told him to grab his heart next time and yell "I am coming Elizabeth!" ala Redd Foxx!! :oops:
Men!

Kelly79

Jul 7, 2009
Alaska
After enjoying about 6 months of medication free remission, I have to start taking biologic injections for my ankylosing spondylitis again. I was doing great until April, but since then I've had roving joint flares and anterior uveitis in one eye or the other (or in the case of 5 very memorable weeks, both eyes at the same time). I've been putting off going back on them, mainly because they are frigging expensive (the new one I have been perscribed runs about 2 grand a month, but fortunately my insurance will pay all but $100, still, thats a bite in the budget), but I got the slapdown from the rheumatologist today (been getting it from my husband for a few months :) ) Do you want to go blind, do you want your spine to fuse, blah, blah, blah, blah........ Anyway, I feel just a bit less pi**y about it, now that I've ranted a bit.

One thing on the light side, I told him about my switch to e-cigs....... his response: An electronic cigarette? How cool is that?

deliza, I'm sorry to here your having problems, I have a cousin with the condition, and he can't walk very well anymore. I know from watching him how very painful it can be and i hope you will soon be feeling well again.

deliza

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
St Louis Metro
Thanks Kelly, I'm feeling better already, and the really nice news is the drug company is going to eat my co-pay for me for the next year, so that takes that off the table. I try to stay really active, even when I hurt, but now that I'm feeling better, that does make it easier. I guess I think that my spine can't fuse if it isn't still long enough :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread