The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Well everyone knows that truck drivers are batshtuff crazy. Care for some insight as to why?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Foggy Road, Oct 4, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Foggy Road

Foggy Road Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    This is about a Proctor & Gamble load = P&G. Load originated in Kansas City,KS. The first driver did exactly what he was supposed to and what the paperwork said to do. Took it to P&G Dallas, Texas.
    Next day I'm assigned to pick up that same load in Dallas cuz P&G said it doesn't belong there they want it to go to P&G Edwardsville, IL!!!
    So I ATTEMPTED delivery a few hours ago. P&G won't accept the load cuz THIS location insists it belongs in Dallas!!
    So..... Anyone in the St. Louis area know a good strip mall where I can park my rig and hold a truckload sale on Dawn dish detergent?

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    This is a super wholesome reason (as compared to some of my thoughts on why truck drivers are bat.... crazy which involves a whole bunch of stuff that is just AWFUL) so thank you for sharing your rather wholesome post.

I also know a great location where you could sell that stuff off inexpensively and fast, that would be one of the "swap meets" held by one of the Tribes here on a routine basis, so you'd have a bit of a drive but I can pretty much guarantee you'd sell your stock off fast, and no one would bat an eyelid.

Good luck. LOL.

Anna

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. UpNorth

UpNorth Senior Member

Sep 3, 2018
    Tundra, Minnesota
    Well I can not believe no one else here has mentioned this but you could pour it all in the Mississippi and then New Orleans will be shiny= Gulf Oil Spill Solved!!!! DOH

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. bigbob2322

bigbob2322 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I feel your pain buddy.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Foggy Road

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Well, they finally did get their junk straightened out and accepted the load next day.
    I did get a small consolation prize. $220 detention pay. About 25% of what I might have earned for actually working that day. Almost covered daily expenses. :banana::-x

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  6. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    P&G are a pita to do business with. Worked for a plant that made corrugated boxes for them, the requirements were border line ridiculous but they paid top dollar.

• Like Like x 3
  7. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Hi. (just wanted to be part of an ongoing thread in the sandbox).

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. bigbob2322

bigbob2322 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I'm glad it worked out for you minus some $$$.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Foggy Road

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Yeah, thought there was a thread for non-vape related posts but couldn't find it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. classwife

classwife Admin
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Ask The Vets Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member

lol - moved you to The Lounge so I can clean out the Sandbox (practice area)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1