Well I did it - I ordered the Apex Alpha with RES kit -

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamelCrushed

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
New Jersey
Hope the wife isn't too ...... off...LOL...I can't wait to get my hands on this thing. It looks beautiful, and I hope it performs as well as everyone seems to be saying it does. I was very torn between this and a GG with the UFS on it, but since that is damn near impossible to find - I went with this apex. I actually am thinking at this point that this is the better choice anyway. My main goal is an 8 hour device without changing batteries or adding juice (although I ALWAYS have a bottle of juice on me) - the biggest thing is I want to be able to cram this in my pocket without it leaking all over. I have a couple of other big battery mods, with Stormy's tanks on them which I love the way they hit, but I can't stuff it in my jeans to carry them.

The engineering on this device looks very high caliber, and I am impressed with the presence of the engineer on this forum - answering any questions or concerns people may have.

Can't wait...

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Hope the wife isn't too ...... off...LOL...I can't wait to get my hands on this thing. It looks beautiful, and I hope it performs as well as everyone seems to be saying it does. I was very torn between this and a GG with the UFS on it, but since that is damn near impossible to find - I went with this apex. I actually am thinking at this point that this is the better choice anyway. My main goal is an 8 hour device without changing batteries or adding juice (although I ALWAYS have a bottle of juice on me) - the biggest thing is I want to be able to cram this in my pocket without it leaking all over. I have a couple of other big battery mods, with Stormy's tanks on them which I love the way they hit, but I can't stuff it in my jeans to carry them.

The engineering on this device looks very high caliber, and I am impressed with the presence of the engineer on this forum - answering any questions or concerns people may have.

Can't wait...

I think you will be very impressed with the alpha. I am not sure which model you went with, but even the UltraMax (the largest) is still pretty small compared to most mods out there, not to mention very light. Great for going in your pocket. The RES works great for going long periods of time without having to refill. Depending on how much you vape, the battery should last you all day or close to. The machining is as precise as you can get, and being made out of aluminum and then nickel plated its very very strong and corrosion resistant. Overall its an awesome device and I think you will be very happy with it. Be sure to let us know how you like it after using it for a while.

Cheers,
Tony

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Camelcrushed please let me know what you think when you get it. i looked at the thread and liked the idea i just didnt understand how the ceramic realeses the juice. id love to pick one up but id really have to justify the price tag as cartos and dripping are working great right now.

How the ceramic in the RES works is it contains tons of microscopic pores. The liquid soaks into the pores and sits in there. Once you take a drag, that forces air through those pores and pushes the liquid out. The liquid then moves down through the RES and up into the atomizer. It's actually a very simple process. Check out the Alpha video thread for a deeper explanation of the RES system. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/innovapor/183077-apex-alpha-video-thread.html

Hope that helps. Cheers.

CamelCrushed

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
New Jersey
I went with the middle sized model. I was really torn about which one to go with. I love how small the mini is, but was concerned about the battery life of the mini - I love the capacity of the max but don't really need 2 ml's so I went with the middle size...I generally vape about 1ml at work each day and another 1 ml at night so I figured that the mid size was good for me. I always take a small kit with me anyway, so I will have a spare battery and a small bottle-o-juice with me. And I really wanted to be able to just stick this in my pocket and go. I will post first impressions once I get it, and then repost after using it for a while, but I think I will be very happy with this mod.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I went with the middle sized model. I was really torn about which one to go with. I love how small the mini is, but was concerned about the battery life of the mini - I love the capacity of the max but don't really need 2 ml's so I went with the middle size...I generally vape about 1ml at work each day and another 1 ml at night so I figured that the mid size was good for me. I always take a small kit with me anyway, so I will have a spare battery and a small bottle-o-juice with me. And I really wanted to be able to just stick this in my pocket and go. I will post first impressions once I get it, and then repost after using it for a while, but I think I will be very happy with this mod.

The Ultra is a great mod to go with and will be perfect for you. The size difference between the UltraLite and the Ultra is very minimal, but you get twice the performance out of the Ultra. And seeings how you vape about a ml a day at work, one filling of the RES should last you all day. Sounds like you hit the nail right on the head with your choice.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Just curious - do you guys ship daily? Will my order go out today?

Absolutely. As long as you place your order by 3pm mountain time it will ship same day. There are a few exceptions but 99% of the time it will ship same day. So yes yours will be shipping out today.

Wylie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
Hard to answer this one since I used my IMRs as shipped without charging them. I got about 2 1/2 refills to one battery and will update once I've fully charged a battery.

In my experience, IMRs deliver more power at the same voltage so they drain more quickly than traditional batteries. But the IMRs also fade less. While regular batteries fade over time, IMRs tend to be consistent and then fade rapidly at the end.

Hope that helps!

pAth77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2010
Bay Area
Hard to answer this one since I used my IMRs as shipped without charging them. I got about 2 1/2 refills to one battery and will update once I've fully charged a battery.

In my experience, IMRs deliver more power at the same voltage so they drain more quickly than traditional batteries. But the IMRs also fade less. While regular batteries fade over time, IMRs tend to be consistent and then fade rapidly at the end.

Hope that helps!

Also, the capacity of the IMRs is a bit lower than the protected (500mah vs 650mah).

CamelCrushed

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
New Jersey
But they are both safe battery types to use in this mod? I have tried to read up on these different battery types on here, but there are so many posts spread out everywhere about them it is difficult. Can someone let me know if what I think is correct?

The IMR's are safe chemistry batteries, and the protected batteries have a circuit in them that makes them safe? So either type is safe to use in e-cigs? I see the IMR 14500's are lower mah then the protected ones 600 vs 750 - I realize that the higher the mah the longer it lasts, but is it worth buying the protected ones? If the protected ones are indeed better - why are they not the batteries included in the kits? When I buy new batteries for this device should I buy what shipped with it or should I buy the more expensive, higher mah protected batteries.

I know this subject has been gone over many times here, and I apologize for asking again, but I need to know I have this right - I don't want issues down the road - especially catastrophic ones from the wrong batteries.

Thanks

Wylie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
Good questions. Both are safe.

Lithium ion batteries can be dangerous (not just in electronic cigarettes), so a protected battery's circuit kicks in to prevent an explosion.

IMRs don't require a PCB because they are a 'safe chemistry' battery. Basically, they won't explode so you don't need the protection circuit.

Edit: Also, I don't think either is included in the kit. I think you actually need to purchase batteries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread