The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Well, I did it! Inbox V3

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by crammit442, Feb 5, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. crammit442

crammit442 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2011
    Alabama
    Reading all this squonk stuff has me really interested. I finally went to FT and ordered an Inbox V3 and two small BF RDA's. It sounds like the best of all worlds. The flavor of dripping w/o having to constantly drip. Since it's coming from FT, it'll probably be two weeks or so before I get it. I'm pretty excited about the whole thing! I hope it's all it's cracked up to be.
    Charles

• Like Like x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2015
    Looking forward to your thoughts when you receive & have had time to play ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I generally allocate 6 weeks or more for FT deliveries. YMMV of course.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    C,
    To quote Vincent Vega: "You'll dig it the most."

Welcome to the machine.
    I

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Figs

Figs Senior Member

I’ve only been Squonking about a month, but like it. You made a good choice in the Inbox. I have V2 and it is a tried and tested great product. The issue will be finding the topper that fits your style.

Congrats!

• Like Like x 3
  6. crammit442

Jan 7, 2011
    Alabama
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Hope you enjoy your new gear, Crammit442. I am not ready to squonk yet. Although as I sit here looking at all my empty tanks.... LOL.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. crammit442

Jan 7, 2011
    Alabama
    I'm not 100% sure I am either, but using the MAP coupon the Mod was $66.00 and the two drippers were $13.00. The whole order was $80 shipped. They show the Inbox V3 shipping Wednesday. I think I'm either gonna love it or hate it. In theory it sounds like the best of all worlds. We'll see.
    Charles

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. cliffy15

cliffy15 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Honolulu, HI
    I just got mine an hour ago and in 5 minutes I was up and running. It's already much better than the other cheaper mods I've been using. I've been squonking for a few months and I wish this had been the regulated device I'd started with (although it's difficult to know just why until after you try others).

I'd recommend picking up a 510 refill bottle. You'll thank me for it later.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Figs

Figs Senior Member

@crammit442

Exactly what I would recommend as well! I have two of them (Speed Revolution clones) and it you are MTl, they will not disappoint! Only ONE little air hole, when you put the cap on be sure that air hole is right by the coil. Great little RDA.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. crammit442

Jan 7, 2011
    Alabama
    I tossed one in my cart. Thanks!
    Charles

• Like Like x 3
  12. Jumpin' In...

Jumpin' In... Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    Hmmm. Mayhaps I should try one....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. crammit442

Jan 7, 2011
    Alabama
    My V3 and Speed RDA's have arrived at my local post office. I'd get them tomorrow, but those slackers aren't delivering mail because of Presidents Day. I've got the ants in the pants fever to get it. Tuesday sure does seem like a long ways off right now!
    Charles

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Figs

Figs Senior Member

I feel your pain, I have a Fasttech order sitting at my local PO. Not anything in the order I'm overly excited about, just some odds and ends. But still, it's VAPE MAIL!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. crammit442

Jan 7, 2011
    Alabama
    Drum roll.......the Eagle has landed! My new VT Inbox V3 arrived today along with a pair of Speed Revolution BF RDA clones. The only regulated mod I've ever used is the eVic VTC, so the DNA interface is a little unfamiliar right now and I'm pretty terrified about what might happen if I load E-scribe and start fooling around with that. The RDA's are easy to build on and pretty well made. The draw was a bit tight so I opened up the hole to 1.6mm and it feels pretty good. The mod itself looks quite nice w/only the slightest bit of play at the door. The fire button is a little loose, but works fine. What do you want for $60. Getting it filled and setup was easy and leak free and so far the entire setup is bone dry. With a build similar to the Doggy on the eVic VTC, my temp and wattage settings in TC are quite a bit different, but it's working really well for having only had it a couple of hours. I'm probably going to go ahead and poke around in e-scribe and see if I can make heads or tails of it. The eVic took a couple of days to feel comfortable and I'm sure this will too. It's like all the goodness of dripping w/o the hassle of constantly dripping. Really nice! I'm REALLY looking forward the the new "Replay" soft/firmware to drop. If it works like it does in the reviews I've seen, it's going be completely game changing. Any tips or suggestions on using the DNA interface will be appreciated. Thanks for all the help.
    Charles

P.S. Does anyone know for sure which version of the DNA chip the V3 comes with. Everything I've seen in reference to "Replay" refers to the DNA75"C" chip. I'm hopeful that since this is the latest Inbox it has the most recent chip also.

• Like Like x 5
  16. RSZ1

RSZ1 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2014
    Canada
    The Inbox uses the "older" DNA75 chip, not the DNA75C. The replay feature will only be available on the DNA 75C. Easy way to tell the difference between the two is the color screen on the DNA 75C, hence the "C" designation.

Poke around in escribe, not much you can break really. Worse thing happens you can factory reset the mod and start from scratch.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  17. t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    I thought replay was with the DNA 250C ,not the 75C?
    Does it upload that feature with the service pack uploads??

• Like Like x 1
  18. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    Replay will be available on the DNA250C and the DNA75C. Evolv will make the firmware available sometime after the Chinese new year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. crammit442

Jan 7, 2011
    Alabama
    I like this very much as is, but was REALLY excited after reading about "Replay". I have feeling that there's probably a LV Therion in my near future.
    Charles

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    My advise would be to go to this link and take the Escribe training video which will show you how once familiar with it Escribe is simple to use and really will enhance your TC vape experience. I also highly recommend that you perform the case thermals etc. on your Inbox. I have 2 and doing these tasks make a big difference. Storyline.
    Also go to the forum and there is a vast wealth of knowledge and help there. Evolv DNA Forum

• Useful Useful x 2