Well, slap my cheeks and call me ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
..... pesky! :blush:

It looks like I need your expert help again. I just received (yippie) my latest stash of blank cartos. I was patiently waiting for my spiffy new colors, so I could fill them with my favorite PG juices. (color coordinated, of course!)

Hmmmmm.... I must be doing something wrong. :confused: I've been doing the drip method for filling, but this time, with all three new sets, I'm just not getting a good draw. I puff and puff, and get next to nothing. So, I figured I need to let them sit a bit, (overnight) and top them off. Nope, still nothing. I tried the condom method too, and zippo. Waaaa. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

If I can bug you with one more question.... how many times do you use a carto (with the same flavor) before cleaning?

Thanks again, my e-fam' is the bestest!

Wintering

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Thank you all so much! {{{hugs}}} And please forgive me for taking so long to reply. I was in SF all day - eeks it was actually chilly & damp - yay! (gotta love a summer in SF!)

This new batch of blank cartos has been rather challenging. I've already "tweaked" all my batteries, (I have 7 - yikes - with 2 more on the way!) and switched around / shifted the carto's between them - but still can't find a good 'draw' anywhere. Perhaps I just haven't matched the correct new cart with the proper battery. (lets see, 7 batts, with 30 cartos .... *brain freeze* .. it's like picking lottery numbers!) ;) Aaaaah, I guess they must be sensitive little things - just like me! ;) I'll keep 'playing', but I was just hoping there was a - "do this" suggestion from all our amazing experts.

While 'playing' ... I'm still refilling my old (trustworthy) carts. Could y'all please give me an idea of how many times I can refill a cart (with the same juice) without it getting .... er, um .... kerfluffel? :)

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hi Morandir, sir.... I have 2 manuals - an XL and regular, 2 auto XL, 2 diamond tip regular sized, and one pass through.

The juices I've been playing with are Peach, Banana, Cinnamon, and a Menthol. (all 100% PG, and YUM-my!) I have yet to clean any of the cartos. Do you think that's the problem? (I've probably refilled them, with the same juice - maybe 2 or 3 times)

Wintering

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Ms. Wintering can't help you on the juices, but with the batts make sure your king diamonds switches are functioning properly. With the manuals could be some gunk build up (Snow sir had a great video showing how to clean them), or the fact that when functioning properly there is no better draw than that of the kd's which can ruin the manuals for you (did for me).... Hope this helps somewhat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread